Goff vs Prescott

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Like I said on this board many of times... the scheme/system change with McVay made Goff appear to be better than he was with Fisher... That's we need a scheme change for Dak... Me and a few others been trying to tell y'all this

blumayne38

Reaction score
Who the hell said otherwise... and he is top 10

Brady
Maybe Brees
Wonder boy? Not so fast
Russell
Rivers - you can have him
Marty Ice
Watson - pretty even
Marcus M - needs everything to fall in line for him.
Rodgers - yes
Cousins - please
Baker - wel’ll see
Sam D - we’ll see
If he ain’t top 10, he’s top 12
15-20

GMO415

Reaction score
Like I said on this board many of times... the scheme/system change with McVay made Goff appear to be better than he was with Fisher... That's we need a scheme change for Dak... Me and a few others been trying to tell y'all this
Agreed. Sean Payton could/ and will.take Dak to the next level

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak is better in the 4th quarter. Stats dont lie. Dak is better in comp% for his career to Goffs.

Well stats often times don't tell the whole story if you isolate them from other stats. The comp% for instance can be inflated, if you mostly complete in the short game, throws you know will be completed, versus throwing it deep a lot. Also the number of attempts can effect it as well. Not that, that has to be a bad thing necessarily, but when comparing quarterbacks they might have different styles.

As far as Dak, Wentz and Goff are concerned, I'll agree with what someone else said in this thread, that they are not all that far apart from each other. Dak so far seems to have peeked in 2016. Wentz peeked in 2017. And Goff in the early part of this year had people thinking he was better than either of the other two. Wentz since his injury seems to be at the same level that Dak is now. Well ultimately, I wonder if the quarterback class that people suddenly had thought was good isn't that great after all. :) I remember in 2016 thinking we got the best one out of the three and was looking forward to Dak vs Wentz matchups in the NFC East. Funny how things change.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak makes a clutch drive, with or without a drive and people would still point to the 270 yard rushing game prior to the NFC Championship game and say that Zeke got him there. Also, let's not pretend like Dak being clutch in an NFC Championship game, wouldn't have gotten him bashed to the moon and back, if he only pulled off 3 points against the Patriots in the Superbowl.

Goff wouldn't have gotten to the NFC Championship game, without our defense giving up 270 yards rushing and this is a fact. The Refs gave the Rams their spot in the Superbowl, this is another fact. And both which would be used to discredit Dak. Since, everything is used to discredit Dak, while other QBs get excused or get the benefit of the doubt. Like Goff is receiving.

Just like some will keep complaining about excuses being made for Dak. Yet, make excuses for Goff, where under the same circumstances they wouldn't be made for Dak. Now, some point to Goff "getting them there". When the same ones would just either focus on what Dak did wrong, in order to make the Cowboys only score 3 points in the Superbowl or they would would discredit Dak getting to the Superbowl, and say that the COwboys were there for other reasons.

Yet, if Cowboys fans were to focus on Dak getting them to the Superbowl or what Dak did in the Championship game, to counter a 3 point offensive performances, they would be called "Dak homers"

Dak supporters get criticized by Dak doubters for focusing on the good games, whenever the Cowboys lose or has a bad offensive performance. Yet, others cherry pick when they want to defend the QBs they support.

A lot of excuses and "what ifs" in there to try to put Dak there with Goff. It's embarrassing. Just stop.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You mean when Tyron was hurt and Chaz Green show was on....while Zeke was suspended? When we had no number one WR with Dez not able to get separation? Or beginning of this year when we were trying to run WR by platoon with depth guys playing major snaps? How about that OL coach we started the year with? How about not having a legit TE?

Any of these things contribute to that?

"Dak needs perfection around him to play at an acceptable level"

Scotman

Reaction score
Don't confuse thinking Wentz or some other young QB is better as the same as wanting Dak to fail.

I think, too often, the pro-Dak crown confuses the two concepts. I don't want Dak to fail. But I think there are other young QBs I'd rather have.

I'm pro-Cowboys...don't confuse that concept with being anything other than that...so I root for the players on my team. NEVER rooted for Coop before this year. Today I was looking to get his jersey. I'm sure there are posters that simply like a player on another team. But I've read this board enough to distinguish that there are those that are constantly looking for an opportunity to bash one side or the other. The relish in it. The latter is true to the point that the whole forum is teetering on not being enjoyable for me anymore.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Don't confuse thinking Wentz or some other young QB is better as the same as wanting Dak to fail.

I think, too often, the pro-Dak crown confuses the two concepts. I don't want Dak to fail. But I think there are other young QBs I'd rather have.

You know the Dak Boyz don’t understand that nuance.

You’re either for Dak or you’re a hater.

These people aren’t exactly the best and brightest.

Gameover

Reaction score
You mean this one? Goff was soooooo late on this throw and then when he finally sees it, he buttercups it. He floats the ball up, like Baldy says "like it's full of helium" :lmao: Goff was late or didn't see a bunch of chances throughout the game. He was Goff Awful. :p

This is the one that got me. For all his arm strength advantage over Dak, what was that. That thing floated forever

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This is the one that got me. For all his arm strength advantage over Dak, what was that. That thing floated forever
Goff does not have an arm strength advantage over Dak and there was no excuse for such a weak pass either. There was no pass rush, had a clear lane to throw, room to step into the throw and still throws a buttercup.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Why does the No. 1 and No. 2 (according to many here) franchise qb, overall picks in the draft have "comparable numbers" to a 4th round, throw away (according to many here) horrible QB?

Well, I don’t know what you mean “No.1 and No. 2 franchise QB.” Is someone claiming Goff and Wentz are the #1 & 2 QBs in the league?

Are they that comparable when you consider the fact they have played 8-10 less games than Dak. Not to mention both Goff and Wentz are asked to shoulder more of the offense on their arms.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why does the No. 1 and No. 2 (according to many here) franchise qb, overall picks in the draft have "comparable numbers" to a 4th round, throw away (according to many here) horrible QB?

Its not a good idea to ask him to do math.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Why you so mad dude? You want Dak to run so fine he does he runs and sometimes it works. But he’s a QB and they are paid to throw get over it

Yet Cam Newton and Vick have both gone further than most QBs (including Tony Romo) in the playoffs...
In fact, if you look at dual-threat QBs...on average they take they teams much further in the playoffs than pocket QBs...

Hell, Lamar Jackson took his team further than any one of his classmates (and he took over for a 4-5 Ravens team).