Goff vs Prescott

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Goff wasn't NFL ready his rookie year and Wentz has had a couple of injuries that has caused him to miss significant time as a QB.

That's more of a positive towards Dak's case. He was NFL ready and has not missed a single game since entering the league as a 4th round comp pick.
Depends on what you define as NFL ready, because as a rookie, they didn't ask Dak to read the field at all. That passing offense was extremely basic.

For all the critique that Goff is getting for not being able to diagnose the Pats' defense, Dak has been the same way his entire career and hasn't developed much in that way either. Goff's performance was very Dak-esque, and losing Kupp is the equivalent of Dak losing Cooper.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak wasn't supposed to be ready till year 3 so this is the year we should expect to see him take a leap. Frederick back, off-season of working with Gallup, Hurns and Coop and a new fresh OC in Dallas for the first time since the Romo days.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Sean Payton could/ and will.take Dak to the next level
I don't understand why people think this way. An offense like his is the exact opposite of what Dak does well. Dak's a playmaker, like Russel Wilson. That means there's going to be some mistakes and some extra sacks taken. The problem is that this coaching staff has tried to neuter him into being some ultra-efficient, safe player. Payton would take that another step further.

The premise of the Dallas offense - run the ball so the defense has to commit to the box, leaving man coverage outside - is built perfectly for Dak's skillset, because he's so slow through his progressions. The reason he works with Cooper, is that there isn't a CB in the league who can cover him. Against man, Dak can just wait for Cooper to get open.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If he’s average, why does he perform at a similar or higher level than these supposed next great QBs?
All y'all guys on your knees worshipping Avg let me know because I don't believe he performs at a similar or higher level. Maybe the lack of cable has you only seeing numbers not the games.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No one who is a Cowboy fan would criticize Dak if he had a career like Brady. 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 wins?
Please, I'd name my little girl after Dak if he did that, and I don't have a girl. :laugh:
Some of these people are like cult meme era with Dak. Making up all kinds of wild stuff to justify praying to their football deity. If Alex I mean Dak had that resume of course nobody would say much heck if he was still rookie Dak most wouldn't say much. These people just love vicariously through Dak and that's why they get so hurt when people point out he avg because it's an affront to them personally.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Of course it does. What was Romo without an elite OL and running game?

How the hell is Romo relevant to this discussion? This is about Prescott. If Prescott can't perform to an acceptable level without EVERY POSITION AROUND HIM BEING PERFECT, then that is a criticism on him.

I'm not talking about winning football games, I'm talking playing like a competent QB. If you want to bring up Romo, Romo didn't have a great offensive line or a great WR or a great RB for his entire career and still played like a top 10 QB.

Your counter didn't address a damn thing. You deflected with stupid "whataboutism".

Philmonroe

Reaction score
How the hell is Romo relevant to this discussion? This is about Prescott. If Prescott can't perform to an acceptable level without EVERY POSITION AROUND HIM BEING PERFECT, then that is a criticism on him.

I'm not talking about winning football games, I'm talking playing like a competent QB. If you want to bring up Romo, Romo didn't have a great offensive line or a great WR or a great RB for his entire career and still played like a top 10 QB.

Your counter didn't address a damn thing. You deflected with stupid "whataboutism".
For some strange reason a lot of pro Dak people always bring it back to what about Romo. He's an analyst now what does he have to do with the current qb? That's top level deflection imo to avoid answering about the avg qb we have as starter currently.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

So since Dak played at an acceptable level this year despite nothing being perfect around him then that means what to you?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So since Dak played at an acceptable level this year despite nothing being perfect around him then that means what to you?

He didn't play at an acceptable level to me. He still has poor mechanics, bad footwork, and can't go through his reads. Nothing changed.

The Realist

Reaction score

True...Romo made TO, Glenn, Austin and Dez who they were. We had the most expensive offensive line in football way, way before we used a first pick on one. Barber and Murray were pretty awful at RB too.

As far as Dak not being a competent QB, can you name one in the history of the game with a higher completion % than his? How many games his he won first 3 years as compared to other QB’s in this era? Who has more TD’s than him of those players drafted since 2016?

I’m of the opinion wins, completion % and TD’s are pretty important for a QB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He didn't play at an acceptable level to me. He still has poor mechanics, bad footwork, and can't go through his reads. Nothing changed.

Then there isnt much to talk about right?
Your expectations for a 3rd year QB with less than optimal surroundings isnt realistic. If you think performing st a top 16 starting QB level isnt acceptable given the circumstances then you likely will never be happy and would only accept maybe 5 QBs in the world.
A QB who performs as well as Dak doesnt suffer poor mechanics, bad footwork, and not reading a defense. Those are just ambiguous things thrown out that are hard to disprove. Could he suffer some of those on occasion? Sure, same with every QB.

You can choose to be mad, or just accept that we have a young QB who is a good player and who we got for pennies on the dollar.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
True...Romo made TO, Glenn, Austin and Dez who they were. We had the most expensive offensive line in football way, way before we used a first pick on one. Barber and Murray were pretty awful at RB too.

As far as Dak not being a competent QB, can you name one in the history of the game with a higher completion % than his? How many games his he won first 3 years as compared to other QB’s in this era? Who has more TD’s than him of those players drafted since 2016?

I’m of the opinion wins, completion % and TD’s are pretty important for a QB.

Romo had Glenn for one season, TO was good for about two years, Austin? Really? You mean a stretch in 09? Dez didn't go off until the second half of 2012. And are you seriously going to ignore the offensive line woes from 2009 to 2013? REALLY? Don't attempt that crap with me, boy. And LOL Barber, the guy who never had a 1,000 season?

Bud, "completion %" is high LEAGUE WIDE. Kirk Cousins completed 70% of his passes, Derek Carr 68%, Mariota 68%. Nice try, dopey.

I'm bored now. NEXT!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Then there isnt much to talk about right?
Your expectations for a 3rd year QB with less than optimal surroundings isnt realistic. If you think performing st a top 16 starting QB level isnt acceptable given the circumstances then you likely will never be happy and would only accept maybe 5 QBs in the world.
A QB who performs as well as Dak doesnt suffer poor mechanics, bad footwork, and not reading a defense. Those are just ambiguous things thrown out that are hard to disprove. Could he suffer some of those on occasion? Sure, same with every QB.

You can choose to be mad, or just accept that we have a young QB who is a good player and who we got for pennies on the dollar.

A third year QB still having problems he had in college and not developing as he should is not "unrealistic".

Delete your account.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
A third year QB still having problems he had in college and not developing as he should is not "unrealistic".

Delete your account.

You didn't see development from mid 2nd year to the end of this season from Dak?

Lmao delete your account and never discuss football again. What an embicile

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You didn't see development from mid 2nd year to the end of this season from Dak?

Lmao delete your account and never discuss football again. What an embicile

No, I didn't. Because I can look beyond numbers, you know, like I did in 2016 when I pointed all this stuff out BEFORE any of you did? I mentioned the lack of velocity on his passes, his footwork (Which Dak ADMITS is a problem), his inconsistent and shoddy mechanics.

Stuff like this leads to inconsistent QB play - you know, one week where he may play at a slightly acceptable level, then the next where we can't score a single point because he's lost or can't get the ball to his receivers due to all of what I mentioned.

Dak is also in the company of Quincy Carter now with that 0 he put on the board, by the way.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No, I didn't. Because I can look beyond numbers, you know, like I did in 2016 when I pointed all this stuff out BEFORE any of you did? I mentioned the lack of velocity on his passes, his footwork (Which Dak ADMITS is a problem), his inconsistent and shoddy mechanics.

Stuff like this leads to inconsistent QB play - you know, one week where he may play at a slightly acceptable level, then the next where we can't score a single point because he's lost or can't get the ball to his receivers due to all of what I mentioned.

Dak is also in the company of Quincy Carter now with that 0 he put on the board, by the way.

As I said, if you didn't see improvement in his accuracy and decision making then you dont know **** about football, which has become blatantly obvious.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Go read the stats for Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo after three years in the league.

...yeah, because "stats" is what tells you about mechanics and footwork. Not what you see on film.

Why waste my time?