Goff's workout

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Jerry wants him a qb and Cleveland wants out of the 2 pick, Jerry will have his qb.

Especially if all we have to give up to swap with Cleveland is our first next year..........and that pick will probably be in the 20 range if Romo stays healthy

If Romo gets hurt again, we would need to be drafting our QB in the first round next year anyways, so it really is a win-win scenario.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Kroenkie had Jerry give the presentation to the owners before they voted (Rams needed 28 votes to move).

You think if Jerry picks up the dam phone and says "who yall taking, strictly off the record", that Kroenkie is going to flip off Jerry after he helped him?

Your argument doesn't sound logical..............Jerry did not go out to Cali just for the hell of it. Only logical scenario is that the Rams told Jerry they are taking Wentz and that makes Goff available for maybe a swap trade with Cleveland.

this is the most likely scenario .

superonyx

Reaction score
I would trade next year's 1st to move up to 2 to take him. It's better than next year's first and our entire draft this year. Our second round pick will basically be like a late 1st round pick anyway. We can get Goff and a few good players.

Is this serious?

Give up the #4 pick in the draft AND another first to draft a guy we hope doesn't have to play for 4 years?

I'm not even sold on using the 4 this year on him and you want to throw in next years 1 to move up just 2 spots?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Is this serious?

Give up the #4 pick in the draft AND another first to draft a guy we hope doesn't have to play for 4 years?

I'm not even sold on using the 4 this year on him and you want to throw in next years 1 to move up just 2 spots?

Would you rather wait 2 or 3 seasons and pay what the Rams just had to pay?

Or do you prefer to just suck every year when Romo calls it quits? You got a little taste of life post-Romo last year

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Would you rather wait 2 or 3 seasons and pay what the Rams just had to pay?

Or do you prefer to just suck every year when Romo calls it quits? You got a little taste of life post-Romo last year

If we "suck every year" without Romo, we won't have to do what the Rams did. There are a few teams in this league right now that have franchise QBs or look to be franchise QBs they didn't take with the first overall pick.

Rams paid a hefty price which makes a risky pick far more risky. You can still find solid QB prospects in the top 20.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Kroenkie had Jerry give the presentation to the owners before they voted (Rams needed 28 votes to move).

You think if Jerry picks up the dam phone and says "who yall taking, strictly off the record", that Kroenkie is going to flip off Jerry after he helped him?

Your argument doesn't sound logical..............Jerry did not go out to Cali just for the hell of it. Only logical scenario is that the Rams told Jerry they are taking Wentz and that makes Goff available for maybe a swap trade with Cleveland.

Logical? Go ahead and show me champ, provide evidence, that this is what happened. Not your correlation crap.

Show me the multiple articles even stating the Rams are looking at Wentz. Just two days ago, most sources are saying Rams are now leaning towards Goff. My god, the weird crap that comes up during the offseason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15203927/los-angeles-rams-lean-jared-goff-no-1-pick
http://sportsnaut.com/2016/04/report-rams-expected-take-jared-goff-browns-open-move/
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/4/16/11444302/hot-take-jared-goff-the-new-king-of-la
http://www.inquisitr.com/3001206/nfl-rumors-los-angeles-rams-drafting-jared-goff/

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Next question, then. If Jerry does know that Wentz is the Rams' pick and the Browns were reportedly in love with Goff, why are the Browns going to trade with us?

- "Well..the Browns think the Rams are taking Goff and don't want Wentz, duh!".

Okay...the Browns don't know who the Rams are picking RIGHT NOW. Soooo....why won't they just wait till draft day and find out? When Wentz goes off the board, they pick Goff, or if Goff goes first, they have 10 minutes to trade. I don't see them losing any trade stock by waiting until draft day.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There are some odd discussions that happens around this time of year. I get draft fatigue and all, but man. Rams aren't moving from 1 unless we give them picks, Bryant, our offensive line, and maybe toss in Romo. Reports are they want Goff.

That's it. Unless sources in the coming weeks come out and change their tune and say Rams are going for Wentz, the only QB we will be trading up for is Wentz.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Next question, then. If Jerry does know that Wentz is the Rams' pick and the Browns were reportedly in love with Goff, why are the Browns going to trade with us?

- "Well..the Browns think the Rams are taking Goff and don't want Wentz, duh!".

Okay...the Browns don't know who the Rams are picking RIGHT NOW. Soooo....why won't they just wait till draft day and find out? When Wentz goes off the board, they pick Goff, or if Goff goes first, they have 10 minutes to trade. I don't see them losing any trade stock by waiting until draft day.

None of us fans or these insiders truly know which QB these teams prefer. I read right here on this board that we weren't high on Goff last week. If you think Jerry flew out to see this guys workout, after already meeting with him last week for no reason, then I dont know what to tell you.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
If you think Jerry flew out to see this guys workout, after already meeting with him last week for no reason, then I dont know what to tell you.

It was a scheduled workout that was forecasted before the Rams ever traded for #1 and Jerry also flew out to watch Lynch throw the 'ole leather egg around.

But let's play it your way. Jerry knows that the Rams are taking Wentz. They fire up the 'ole Jerry Jet and fly to Cali to see their future Golden Boy, in his glistening tan, put on a passing clinic. Great...that's our pick!!! Ahh...but we need the Browns to play ball. Reportedly, they want Goff. They don't know who the Rams are picking. Why are they going to trade with us or anyone else until they see it on draft day for themselves, that the Rams take Goff?

Jerry went down to Cali because the was the last of the top-3 QBs with a workout scheduled.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
None of us fans or these insiders truly know which QB these teams prefer. I read right here on this board that we weren't high on Goff last week. If you think Jerry flew out to see this guys workout, after already meeting with him last week for no reason, then I dont know what to tell you.

The media usually knows who is going to be taken with the first round pick by the time the draft comes around. It's 2 weeks away, sources are Rams like Goff. They obviously moved up for a QB. Look Goff is your boy, I get it. But the likelihood he'll be there even at 2 is becoming more and more unrealistic.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
... Or Jerry could be trying to get Cleveland to take the other QB or another team to trade up to get the other QB so that SD takes Tunsil and the player the Cowboys have wanted all along is sitting there at four and the turn the card in with Jalen Ramsey on it.

Just something to consider

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Logical? Go ahead and show me champ, provide evidence, that this is what happened. Not your correlation crap.

Show me the multiple articles even stating the Rams are looking at Wentz. Just two days ago, most sources are saying Rams are now leaning towards Goff. My god, the weird crap that comes up during the offseason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15203927/los-angeles-rams-lean-jared-goff-no-1-pick
http://sportsnaut.com/2016/04/report-rams-expected-take-jared-goff-browns-open-move/
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/4/16/11444302/hot-take-jared-goff-the-new-king-of-la
http://www.inquisitr.com/3001206/nfl-rumors-los-angeles-rams-drafting-jared-goff/

Because the Rams are leaking info to some media outlets they want Goff and leaking to other media outlets that they want Wentz in order to keep anybody from figuring out what they are really wanting to do.

Bruglar talked about this very thing on the Draft Show yesterday..............and of course any conversation between owners will be kept super secret.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Look, I want Goff, and would be on board with trading the 2017 1st rd pick to move and get him, but the Rams pushed some hands forward. I don't know who they are picking and I'm not really sure that I buy that the Browns were really going after a QB this year. Hopefully it plays out. Nothing is certain leading up to the draft. No doubt there are going to gasps, twists, turns, jumps...everything. Draft Day has become like the 2nd Super Bowl for me.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It was a scheduled workout that was forecasted before the Rams ever traded for #1 and Jerry also flew out to watch Lynch throw the 'ole leather egg around.

But let's play it your way. Jerry knows that the Rams are taking Wentz. They fire up the 'ole Jerry Jet and fly to Cali to see their future Golden Boy, in his glistening tan, put on a passing clinic. Great...that's our pick!!! Ahh...but we need the Browns to play ball. Reportedly, they want Goff. They don't know who the Rams are picking. Why are they going to trade with us or anyone else until they see it on draft day for themselves, that the Rams take Goff?

Jerry went down to Cali because the was the last of the top-3 QBs with a workout scheduled.
This was my point. We dont know who they want. I saw an insider say that they were going to take Wentz two weeks ago.

Shefter also said last week that he heard rumblings that the Browns arent going QB.

Another scenario no one is mentioning is, what if we like BOTH Wentz and Goff. Lets say the Rams arent hinting who they are taking, we could trade up to 2 for the QB they dont take.