Goff's workout

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
... Or Jerry could be trying to get Cleveland to take the other QB or another team to trade up to get the other QB so that SD takes Tunsil and the player the Cowboys have wanted all along is sitting there at four and the turn the card in with Jalen Ramsey on it.

Just something to consider

Exactly. People are reading way too much into this. For a rich guy and a rich organization like the Cowboys a trip to Cali for the night is like a normal guy going to the neighboring town for a round of golf. Jerry has been to several of the workouts. It might be due diligence, it might be smoke screen, and it might be legit trip to see if they want to trade up, but we do not know, nor should we want our organization to make their intentions clear at this point.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
... Or Jerry could be trying to get Cleveland to take the other QB or another team to trade up to get the other QB so that SD takes Tunsil and the player the Cowboys have wanted all along is sitting there at four and the turn the card in with Jalen Ramsey on it.

Just something to consider

As public as Jerry has made this visit, I think getting Ramsey to drop down the 4 is probably what he is trying to accomplish. But they are also doing due diligence just in case the first three picks are Wentz, Ramsey and Tunsil.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This was my point. We dont know who they want. I saw an insider say that they were going to take Wentz two weeks ago.

Shefter also said last week that he heard rumblings that the Browns arent going QB.

Another scenario no one is mentioning is, what if we like BOTH Wentz and Goff. Lets say the Rams arent hinting who they are taking, we could trade up to 2 for the QB they dont take.

Very good point my friend...........we could be happy taking either QB at pick 2.

This is exactly what the Skins did when they traded from pick 6 to pick 2 before the draft. You had Luck and RG3 and they knew they would get one of them. So it didn't really matter who the Colts drafted, they would get one of the top two QBs.

Maybe that is us this year? We do a swap trade with Cleveland and take whichever QB the Rams pass on. If they take Goff, we draft Wentz and if they take Wentz, we draft Goff.

Could very well be the play here.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The media usually knows who is going to be taken with the first round pick by the time the draft comes around. It's 2 weeks away, sources are Rams like Goff. They obviously moved up for a QB. Look Goff is your boy, I get it. But the likelihood he'll be there even at 2 is becoming more and more unrealistic.

This is what Im talking about. There are conflicting reports. Nothing concrete. We dont know what QB these team want. I can bring up tweets that say the Browns want Wentz. So if we go along with Albrights source along with his previous tweets saying the Browns were taking Wentz, it will make more sense why Jerry is still Went to see the workout.

Heres what he said about Wentz 3 weeks ago

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Kroenkie had Jerry give the presentation to the owners before they voted (Rams needed 28 votes to move).

You think if Jerry picks up the dam phone and says "who yall taking, strictly off the record", that Kroenkie is going to flip off Jerry after he helped him?

Your argument doesn't sound logical..............Jerry did not go out to Cali just for the hell of it. Only logical scenario is that the Rams told Jerry they are taking Wentz and that makes Goff available for maybe a swap trade with Cleveland.

100% agreed. I think Jerry holds a lot of power in the football world. Rams get the pick of the litter anyway. Who cares if Jerry does know?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry wants him a qb and Cleveland wants out of the 2 pick, Jerry will have his qb.

That's the bottom line. If the owner wants one of these QBs that player would be a Cowboy. We are at 4 and the team holding that first pick was willing to trade.

It's about prioritizing the position and not laying in the fetal position cradling your CB insurance policy while hoping your future falls to you.

I can't even wrap my brain around the idea that our board indicates there's a franchise QB in this class and we just stand pat and hope luck is on our side.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Logical? Go ahead and show me champ, provide evidence, that this is what happened. Not your correlation crap.

Show me the multiple articles even stating the Rams are looking at Wentz. Just two days ago, most sources are saying Rams are now leaning towards Goff. My god, the weird crap that comes up during the offseason.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/rams_leapfrog_browns_reportedl.html
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...son-wentz-over-jared-goff-at-no-1-405099.html
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-carson-wentz-now-that-they-have-top-pick/

Not trying to embarrass you in front of everybody on this board, but here are the multiple articles you asked for..........all state Rams want Wentz.

superonyx

Reaction score
Would you rather wait 2 or 3 seasons and pay what the Rams just had to pay?

Or do you prefer to just suck every year when Romo calls it quits? You got a little taste of life post-Romo last year

I would rather draft a QB I can develop over the next few years.
There are more options than you listed.
Why would I want to give up 2 years worth of first round draft picks for a guy who will be a backup for at least the next 3-4 years.

superonyx

Reaction score
Would you rather wait 2 or 3 seasons and pay what the Rams just had to pay?

Or do you prefer to just suck every year when Romo calls it quits? You got a little taste of life post-Romo last year

This line of thinking is why the Commanders drafted RG3.
Cousins was drafted much later and is better.
Goff would be the 3rd QB off the board just a year ago.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Because the Rams are leaking info to some media outlets they want Goff and leaking to other media outlets that they want Wentz in order to keep anybody from figuring out what they are really wanting to do.

Bruglar talked about this very thing on the Draft Show yesterday..............and of course any conversation between owners will be kept super secret.

What? :lmao:

visionary

Reaction score
That's the bottom line. If the owner wants one of these QBs that player would be a Cowboy. We are at 4 and the team holding that first pick was willing to trade.

It's about prioritizing the position and not laying in the fetal position cradling your CB insurance policy while hoping your future falls to you.

I can't even wrap my brain around the idea that our board indicates there's a franchise QB in this class and we just stand pat and hope luck is on our side.

Well duh
It's because Romo will play for the next 5 years, obviously
Anyway, Dak Prescott will "develop" into a better QB than Wentz or Goff anyway

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I would rather draft a QB I can develop over the next few years.
There are more options than you listed.
Why would I want to give up 2 years worth of first round draft picks for a guy who will be a backup for at least the next 3-4 years.

Who in Dallas do you think is capable of developing a QB? Wade Wilson? Jason Garrett?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All depends on what the scouts say... seems like a dropoff after Wentz-Goff to Lynch. But if scouts say Lynch has similar talent and potential, I'm with ya. Or just stay put and pick Lynch at 4.

They all have warts. Accuracy, pocket presence, level of competition, size, etc. If it's not one thing it's another.

I think Lynch has the highest ceiling.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

This is what Im talking about. There are conflicting reports. Nothing concrete. We dont know what QB these team want. I can bring up tweets that say the Browns want Wentz. So if we go along with Albrights source along with his previous tweets saying the Browns were taking Wentz, it will make more sense why Jerry is still Went to see the workout.

Heres what he said about Wentz 3 weeks ago

This isn't an example of conflicting reports. 3 weeks ago the Rams didn't have the #1 pick.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I would trade next year's 1st to move up to 2 to take him. It's better than next year's first and our entire draft this year. Our second round pick will basically be like a late 1st round pick anyway. We can get Goff and a few good players.

beat me to it!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This isn't an example of conflicting reports. 3 weeks ago the Rams didn't have the #1 pick.

My point was, we dont know if the Browns want Goff. There are people in here assuming:
1-Goff is going to LA
2-Browns wanted Goff and now they know LA will take him so they want to trade out

We dont know who they want. Its all speculation at this point.