Goff's workout

CowboyChris

Reaction score
First, learn his name it is Brugler, not Bruglar.

Second, it is not debatable (debateable in your words) by anyone that knows how to properly evaluate draft prospects, it is nearly a full consensus that Tunsil is the best player in this particular draft class, not just Brugler.

Once you actually watch Tunsil's game tape and put the time in to study the player, we can sort out what is debatable or not on the subject.

Third, a mock draft is meaningless ultimately and we are talking about draft evaluation, not mock draft selections.

does Brugler Bruglar whatever have Wentz going #1? i think that's what i saw.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
does Brugler Bruglar whatever have Wentz going #1? i think that's what i saw.

You mean Brugler, one of the most well respected talent evaluators who offers the best exclusive and most thorough draft guide every year with in depth evaluation of 450 prospects?

Yes, his latest mock has Wentz going to the Rams and Goff to the Browns.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
You mean Brugler, one of the most well respected talent evaluators who offers the best exclusive and most thorough draft guide every year with in depth evaluation of 450 prospects?

Yes, his latest mock has Wentz going to the Rams and Goff to the Browns.

will see if the most well respected talent evaluator can get the #1 pick right...its either QB a or QB b in this year's draft. I still say its Goff, and Tunsil if he doesn't go #3, will fall out of the top 5. just my thoughts

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
will see if the most well respected talent evaluator can get the #1 pick right...its either QB a or QB b in this year's draft. I still say its Goff, and Tunsil if he doesn't go #3, will fall out of the top 5. just my thoughts

I am unsure why you think a mock draft means anything really, most of them are wrong regardless of who makes them accordingly.

Dane is one of the best talent evaluators because he does exhaustive tape study of prospects and actually offers the most comprehensive and in depth guide every year.

Whether or not the Rams select Wentz or Goff none of us really know at this point and the Rams are not telling yet!

Some Ram beat writers are saying they want Wentz, others are saying Goff, so it is 50/50 from our perspective.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I think the rams have to start their rookie QB and that Qb is going to get hit a lot in the NFC west with their suspect oline,wentz has a bigger chance of surviving than Goff who needs the NFL weight room.

I'm telling you right now, Goff is the pick and it's not even close.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Im thinking this whole thing is a plot to throw teams off the scent of Ramsey, because there is no way Goff will fall to #4...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This isn't over. I don't believe the Browns want to pick a quarterback.

I think there are trade talks between the Browns and several teams wanting the "other" QB.

Are the Cowboys one of them?

Agree. I have a feeling Cleveland and San Diego want to trade back. I don't hear any rumors about the Chargers. They are the wild card.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
One of the following scenarios is true:

A - The Rams want Wentz and are trolling the rest of the league.
B- The Rams want Goff and are trolling the rest of the league.

because no way you make that trade to the top of the draft unless you know EXACTLY who you want. The very unlikely 3rd scenario is:

C- The Rams have amazingly high and equal grades on Goff and Wentz and are really "torn" on who to pick.

C, what benefit to the Rams is there in trolling the rest of the league. They did not trade to 1 to trade out of it.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
So you list how many failures there are at teams drafting QB's in the first round in search of the franchise QB......and your solution is to double down on a losing strategy and spend 2 first round picks on 1 prospect.
That sounds like something losing franchises do again and again.

These guys have question marks. This isn't about moving down for Andrew Luck. These guys are not on that level and are not can't miss prospects.

I bet the teams that passed on Rodgers for not being a "can't miss" would like a do over

superonyx

Reaction score
I bet the teams that passed on Rodgers for not being a "can't miss" would like a do over

Yea and the teams that also passed on Johnny Manziel,Jason Cambell, Matt Leinart, Vince Young,RG3, EJ Manuel, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Blain Gabbbert, Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, Mark Sanchez, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell ect.

It's a good things teams don't care about can't miss prospects.
The packers picked Rodgers with the 24th pick in the first round and didn't give up 2 first rounders with 1 being the number 4 pick in the draft.

Nice try deflecting the debate away from my point...
You don't invest 2 first round draft picks with 1 of them being the number 4 pick in the draft into any player at any position that isn't Andrew Luck level can't miss prospect.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
They did get a do over just a few years later with Phillip Rivers (Eli Manning). Also picked in the top 5. And they have more playoff wins than Dallas since then. Shows you how valuable "wasting" that pick is

So it's a good thing?

Seemed to me you pointed to one example Rodgers to make your point, I pointed to one where it did not work out so well.

Now your point is it does not hurt you to waste a pick.