Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3290529 said:
Cut it out guys.

Let's get back to making fun of Shipley for being white, I mean slow.

eh, one in the same I guess. At least that seems to be the ignorant conclusion.

But yeah I agree.....had enough. Time to move on.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
Jordan Shipley will equal Wes Walker type player in this league.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3290530 said:
Spew what you want Bob, deep down even you know the reference to his skin color is not right and ironically you only use it when referring to his speed.

Were not idiots. Your easier to read then a Pre-K school book.

I'm done with this topic in this thread.

There is nothing left to argue.

I only used it to make fun of your self-righteousness.

bye now

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290535 said:
I only used it to make fun of your self-righteousness.

No, you used it long before I commented on it and if anything you used it to try and fit in and be one of the "cool kids" because someone did it before you and got a laugh.

bye now

Silverstar

Reaction score
Cover 2;3290526 said:
It shows whether they catch the ball with their hands or body. It can also show how fluid they are making the catch.

Other drills can't show that?

Ren

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3290483 said:
theres always exceptions, I could spend hours writing successful players in the nfl who ran sub 4.4 40's......:laugh2:

I can just as easily make a list of players who ran "slow" 40 and top it off with the likes of Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3290537 said:
No, you used it long before I commented on it and if anything you used it to try and fit in and be one of the "cool kids" because someone did it before you and got a laugh.

bye now

You got mad about it at post #53.

My 1st rib was at post #134.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SDogo;3290532 said:
eh, one in the same I guess. At least that seems to be the ignorant conclusion.

But yeah I agree.....had enough. Time to move on.

Good grief, man. It was a joke.

I was a "fast white guy" in my completely insignificant and meaningless athletic "career". I've heard a million jokes about "fast for a white guy", "fast white boy", etc, and it was always more funny than anything. I'm sure Shipley feels the same, so why would we be upset? :confused:

Respectfully, it sounds like you're more upset that a fave player ran a slow time than anything. No offense intended, SDogo... honest.

On a serious note, yes, there is a double standard in this area, but that's just the way it is.

Anyway, back to Shipley, I've never seen anything special in him. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll blow out the cone drills or something.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Silverstar;3290538 said:
Other drills can't show that?
What other drill would? It's easy to cleanly catch it in your hands if you have time to get ready for it. When you're constantly having to catch them one after the other if you don't have great hands it will show.

Since the players don't face off against live competition at the Combine this is the best way to do it IMO.

SDogo

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3290544 said:
Good grief, man. It was a joke.

I was a "fast white guy" in my completely insignificant and meaningless athletic "career". I've heard a million jokes about "fast for a white guy", "fast white boy", etc, and it was always more funny than anything. I'm sure Shipley feels the same, so why would we be upset? :confused:

Respectfully, it sounds like you're more upset that a fave player ran a slow time than anything. No offense intended, honest.

Anyway, back to Shipley, I've never seen anything special in him. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll blow out the cone drills or something.

Actually I have never had any interest in drafting Shipley but yeah I can see how you could come to that conclusion.

Again, I just dont find any humor in this. Never have and racial profiling is something I have no tolerance for so when I see it, I speak about it and I apologize to anyone who innocently gets caught up in it.

I'm sure there is something everyone here has no tolerance for that may not seem like a big deal to others.

On a side note, what was it like to be fast? lol

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3290307 said:
I don't know how many times this needs to be said but there is no "official" time at the combine

There are two hand timed times and one combination hand/electronic time for each runner plus individual teams do their own timing so a player may run six different times that can technically be touted by a site as "official" but are not.

I copied and pasted it. I could care less whether it is official or not.

Go shoot some other messenger.

SDogo

Reaction score
Cover 2;3290547 said:
What other drill would? It's easy to cleanly catch it in your hands if you have time to get ready for it. When you're constantly having to catch them one after the other if you don't have great hands it will show.

Since the players don't face off against live competition at the Combine this is the best way to do it IMO.

Every drill that is run is designed to show this off to a certain extent. Really I think that just highlights it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Game film indicates that Tate has good hands- not great ones, but good ones. Here is the analysis on him from NFL Combine coverage at NFL.com

Tate has been a very productive receiver for the Irish over the past two years and will be coming out as a true junior. He does a lot of things right and finishes games with a lot of stats but there is nothing physically about him that really jumps out at you. He lacks premier size, speed and acceleration yet he manages to get open and make a lot of plays. He is an excellent route runner that knows how to set defenders up and does not show much wasted movement when running patterns. He does a great job of going to the ball when slightly off target and will compete for virtually every pass. He is almost built more like a running back than a wide receiver but will fit some systems as a second or third receiver.