Good bye D mac

Reaction score
Chief;1785848 said:
How much would you give up for Reggie Bush?

Just my opinion, but I think McFadden is much more like Reggie Bush than he is someone like Adrian Peterson.

He's an angular 205 pounds with thin hips and legs.

You have no clue when it comes to evaluating players... Dmac runs with plenty of power and has room to add muscle to that frame. Reggie Bush isn't going to be a great player because he jukes too much.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Why does this continue to be an arguement? Everyone is allowed to have their own thoughts. And when we trade the farm to grab him everyone has the right to come on here and complain about it. And when he shreds up D's and proves to be one of the best backs in football all you people that have talked crap all along have the right to run out and grab a jersey and act like the front runners you are just like ya did with T.O.
T.O. will destroy us he will kill our locker room. We are fine with Keyshawn. He drops so many passes Key would have cought that. Now I bet all of ya have a T.O. jersey or have talked trash about his 4 TD game. Tank Johson is another example. How about when Romo threw all those Int. in his first game? I guess no one said a bad word about that either huh? Don't even argue with the people who say we need a WR or CB and especialy the ones that think Rice is as good a back as Dmac because they are either blind or just talking out their stink hole. We have one of the best CB's in the league in Newman and Henry was leading the league in Int. untill he was hurt. No problems there. We have the best WR in football in T.O. and if Glenn comes back another great WR. If we sign Crayton he has also shown he can be a good #2 and we could always try to grab Roy, Chad, Fitz, Moss or Stallworth next year. Even if we don't we could grab a WR later in the draft. There is no WR or CB worth not trying our best to get Dmac and everyone can argue this untill Darren comes in and lights up the league then yall can act as though you wanted him the whole time. like ya always do.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If Jerry wants him, not out of the question a player may be thrown in the mix.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Im not skimming through 10 pages so can someone fill me in on why the Pats would take McFadden when they already have a back in Maroney.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Its probably a good thing.

One guy - DMac

or

2 good first rounders...

Its sounding like we could setup better LONG TERM with 2 solid players than one hopeful player

Let him go Jerry...

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1785879 said:
I don't know how many times I can say this but Pat's will not be picking up McFadden. Moss and Stallworth are gone next year if they resign one they will still need to draft a WR to take the others place. They are getting VERY old at LB and are losing both their starting CB's to free agency. The pats will go D. Not to mention that they have 3 very good RB's as it is.

My post from earlier....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1786673 said:

One guy - DMac

or

2 good first rounders...

Its sounding like we could setup better LONG TERM with 2 solid players than one hopeful player

Let him go Jerry...
The voice of reason.

Imagine we make the deal for him and he gets hurt.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1786676 said:
The voice of reason.

Imagine we make the deal for him and he gets hurt.

Not only that... but its looking like he was not "destined" to be a Cowboy.

It could go a couple of ways obviously...

He could be a bust.
He could get hurt.
He could land somewhere and be a superstar.

It just doesnt seem like its meant to be.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1786678 said:
Not only that... but its looking like he was not "destined" to be a Cowboy.
Don't forget, he would cost more than two 1st rounders.

Darn Cleveland!

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1786673 said:

One guy - DMac

or

2 good first rounders...

Let him go Jerry...
Okay first of all when you say it is hopefull you are 50% right. McFadden is the most solid pick in the draft. but you are right by saying all drafts are hopefulls.
Second when you draft top ten it's a 50/50 shot you will get a jewel when you draft as low as we are it's more of a 25/75 shot not in our favor. So you could take a shot at 2 less proven players or you can take a shot on a player who has broken records that Walker set, Some one who is without a doubt the best player in the draft, some one who is the entire O, Some one who can throw, catch, run and return. I think our chances are better with Dmac then with 2 guys late in the draft whom may or may not pan out.
Third draft picks are no longer held as high as they were before the cap because you can always pick up good players to fill spots on your team but the two areas that teams wrap up pretty tightly are RB and QB. When a team gets their hands on a Brady or Tomlinson type player it is hard to steal them away but good to great WR's are much easier to come by through FA as are corners.
And last there are no CB's or WR's that would impact our team the way Dmac would. It is crazy for anyone to think that any other RB in the draft is even close to DMac. Ray has an O around him, he isn't asked to carry the team on his back and his QB didn't go to another school just to sit on the bench. No other RB can run throw catch and return the way DMAC has and no one will cause a team to gameplan just for them, and that is the effect that RUN DMC will have on opposing D's.
I wouldn't mind trading out Fasano and 2 first rounders for Dmac. For those who say we need to get younger at WR we could trade next years first for Fitz. We could grab a CB like Samuel, Gay or Bly in FA. Or move up in the second round to pick up king as he is projected to go around 25 in the 2nd round.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1786692 said:
Okay first of all when you say it is hopefull you are 50% right. McFadden is the most solid pick in the draft. but you are right by saying all drafts are hopefulls.
Second when you draft top ten it's a 50/50 shot you will get a jewel when you draft as low as we are it's more of a 25/75 shot not in our favor. So you could take a shot at 2 less proven players or you can take a shot on a player who has broken records that Walker set, Some one who is without a doubt the best player in the draft, some one who is the entire O, Some one who can throw, catch, run and return. I think our chances are better with Dmac then with 2 guys late in the draft whom may or may not pan out.
Third draft picks are no longer held as high as they were before the cap because you can always pick up good players to fill spots on your team but the two areas that teams wrap up pretty tightly are RB and QB. When a team gets their hands on a Brady or Tomlinson type player it is hard to steal them away but good to great WR's are much easier to come by through FA as are corners.
And last there are no CB's or WR's that would impact our team the way Dmac would. It is crazy for anyone to think that any other RB in the draft is even close to DMac. Ray has an O around him, he isn't asked to carry the team on his back and his QB didn't go to another school just to sit on the bench. No other RB can run throw catch and return the way DMAC has and no one will cause a team to gameplan just for them, and that is the effect that RUN DMC will have on opposing D's.
I wouldn't mind trading out Fasano and 2 first rounders for Dmac. For those who say we need to get younger at WR we could trade next years first for Fitz. We could grab a CB like Samuel, Gay or Bly in FA. Or move up in the second round to pick up king as he is projected to go around 25 in the 2nd round.

Lets face it.... Offense is not our problem. Solidifying our defense is... so I would take one of these combinations

DE and CB
CB and FS

one for each side of the ball
DB and WR

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Free Agents (aka: Proven talent)

CB
Asante Samuel
Domonique Foxworth
Drayton Florence
Chris Carr
Randall Gay
Tory James
Karl Paymah
B.J. Sams
Chad Scott

Saftey
Mike Doss
Jordan Babineaux
William Bartee
Jay Bellamy
Omar Stoutmire
Derrick Strait
Gibril Wilson

As far as a #2 I think that Bernard Berrian would be a nice fit with romo. He has never had a good QB but has put up decent numbers I think in our O with T.O. on the other side he could be a very good #2. He has alot of speed and good hands.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1786415 said:
btw, does anyone think Arkansas' win against LSU today convinces McFadden to return, thinking he might have a shot to win the Championship? idk, maybe the victory might get to his head?

highly doubtful, especially with the rumors of Nutt being gone...in fact if Nutt is gone, Felix Jones will probably declare too

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
YoMick;1786673 said:

One guy - DMac

or

2 good first rounders...

Let him go Jerry...

two first rd picks that could both in the 20's or one int he 20's and 30's...thats hardly a sure bet to get "two good first rounders"

look at our last two first rounders....while we are hopeful on both of them, niether has been very impressive so far

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
YoMick;1786697 said:
Lets face it.... Offense is not our problem

running the football consistently is however...if the OL is not going to blast huge holes for our guys to run through, its definitely a good idea who can get somebody who make yds on his own AND have the extra gear to take it the distance...nobody is scared of our running game right now, but if we add a McFadden they sure will be...our passing game is really really good right now, imagine what it might be if teams were forced to gameplan for a great RB too

Solidifying our defense is... so I would take one of these combinations

DE and CB
CB and FS

there's such a thing called overkill at some point, we've invested a ton of draft pick and free agent dollars there...CB could be an issue, especially if Reeves is gone...but DE? FS? sorry, what we have here is pretty good, and resigning Hamlin is a better idea than wasting a 1st rd pick on a safety

one for each side of the ball DB and WR

I could see a WR/CB scenario, especially if Glenn retires or if Crayton signs elsewhere...trading for a proven WR might be an option as well

David

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dbair1967;1786727 said:
running the football consistently is however...if the OL is not going to blast huge holes for our guys to run through, its definitely a good idea who can get somebody who make yds on his own AND have the extra gear to take it the distance...nobody is scared of our running game right now, but if we add a McFadden they sure will be...our passing game is really really good right now, imagine what it might be if teams were forced to gameplan for a great RB too

I dont know that McFadden fixes that problem. I have seen some games where he did close to nothing. Its a crapshoot.

dbair1967;1786727 said:
there's such a thing called overkill at some point, we've invested a ton of draft pick and free agent dollars there...CB could be an issue, especially if Reeves is gone...but DE? FS? sorry, what we have here is pretty good, and resigning Hamlin is a better idea than wasting a 1st rd pick on a safety

DE is still a concern... we dont get to QB enough... if we do that then the secondary will fair better.

Hamlin has been nice. But lets re-evaluate him after the season. Did he get burnt by good offense? etc...

dbair1967;1786727 said:
I could see a WR/CB scenario, especially if Glenn retires or if Crayton signs elsewhere...trading for a proven WR might be an option as well

I lean toward this scenario right now

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1786565 said:
You have no clue when it comes to evaluating players...

Well, I can evaluate posters and you're sub-par.

Dmac runs with plenty of power and has room to add muscle to that frame.

Running backs don't general add a lot of weight after they leave college. McFadden has plenty of muscle. He just has a lean body at 6-2, 205. Name another highly successful NFL running back in the past 25 years that has an angular frame like that with thin legs.

Now, I never said he wouldn't be good. He'll be an effective player in the NFL, IMO, but I don't see a guy worth three first-round picks. I don't see Adrian Peterson.