Good bye D mac

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1786343 said:
1st of all, every team knows that noone is going to give up 3 1st round picks, plus another 1st day pick, for the chance to draft 1 guy
I really don't care what any team is willing to give for DMac, all I did was post what #3 pick might cost.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
jazzcat22;1786982 said:
How about Felix Jones? Everyone forgetting about him?
I thought he looked good yesterday, kinda looks and runs like JJ.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1786942 said:
I dont know that McFadden fixes that problem. I have seen some games where he did close to nothing. Its a crapshoot.

DE is still a concern... we dont get to QB enough... if we do that then the secondary will fair better.

Hamlin has been nice. But lets re-evaluate him after the season. Did he get burnt by good offense? etc...

I lean toward this scenario right now
Okay I am gonna go out on a limb here and say you are not a big NCAA football fan because if you were you would know that he has no O around him. He is it, His QB left he has okay at best WR's and a good backup running back. Teams game plan just for him, when he is on the field they have 8 in the box. And still put up more then impressive yards. He passes for that team runs for them catches for them and even returns for them so we know he can be an every down back.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1787083 said:
Okay I am gonna go out on a limb here and say you are not a big NCAA football fan because if you were you would know that he has no O around him. He is it, His QB left he has okay at best WR's and a good backup running back. Teams game plan just for him, when he is on the field they have 8 in the box. And still put up more then impressive yards. He passes for that team runs for them catches for them and even returns for them so we know he can be an every down back.

Bingo, the SEC is no joke - teams know that # 5 is going to get the ball, and they can do absolutely nothing about it. Our offense, with a healthy TG (or a young deep threat), would be absolutely unstoppable - I'm about taking this team to the next level of being great for many years to come. If I have to give up a couple 1st rounders and a 3rd for a superstar, you gotta make the move - especially on a team where everything we draft would just be for depth.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;1786976 said:
Well, I can evaluate posters and you're sub-par.

Running backs don't general add a lot of weight after they leave college. McFadden has plenty of muscle. He just has a lean body at 6-2, 205. Name another highly successful NFL running back in the past 25 years that has an angular frame like that with thin legs.

Now, I never said he wouldn't be good. He'll be an effective player in the NFL, IMO, but I don't see a guy worth three first-round picks. I don't see Adrian Peterson.
I hope your joking? Not as good as Peterson? This kid is breaking walker records teams game plan for him! I can't stress this enough. With eight in the box he is putting up these kinda numbers. He is not just a RB he is all purpose and I don't mean catching and running I mean if we grab him I wouldn't be surprised to hear McFadden Throws it to McFadden for a TouchDown. alot of people like to say that he isn't all that impressive and that there are other RB's with stats just as good but those other backs have a good system around them. Dmac is all they have. Besides his backup who picks on a tired D. If Dmac was the #2 and someone was wearing these guys out for him I can only imagine what his numbers would be. Heck just give him a good QB a nice Oline and half decent WR's and he would have broken alot more records.
If you don't want him because you are a JJ homer or because you want us to have probowlers at every position then say that but don't put this man down.
As much as we would all like to have Giant's front 7 and Bronco's CB's and Bengals WR's and NE's Oline and Bears Return man and Charger's HB's you can't always have the best at everything. We have a cap now things don't work like that no more. I like our D, They keep us in games and make the plays in clutch times. We have done enough with it. I think we should get younger at wide out but we need a burner and someone who is proven. We are fine at CB as well I wouldn't picking up Gay as a #3 but if not we will live. We need a HB JJ isn't anything special. You can't play like a bust through your entire contract and then7 weeks before it is up start playing half decent football. We need someone who can give it all every year every week every play. MB3 is nothing more then a change of pace back, Thats all he was in NCAA and thats all he is here. It isn't just Parcells who seen it because Wade sees it as well. Barber is happy with his role but we need a McFadden type HB.

conner01

Reaction score
i think there is a very good chance mcfadden falls out of the top ten. none of the top ten teams have a need at rb as much as they do at other spots.
if he falls out of the top ten and the browns pick is around 20 i could see jerry using the browns pick and a future #1 to go up. i don't think he would use both from this year.
i don't see many teams who would trade up into the top 10 for a rb either. the cost in picks and money combine for a ton.
this is a deep draft at rb so if any position falls i think it will be rb.
if you can get mcfadden and still keep our #1 pick you do it, and it could very easily happen when you look at team needs and draft positions

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1787017 said:
I really don't care what any team is willing to give for DMac, all I did was post what #3 pick might cost.

it's not going to cost 3 1st rounders AND a 1st day pick

again, noone is stupid enough to ask for that as compensation

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1787256 said:

Again, I really don't care. You nor I or anyone here for that matter have no idea what the cost will be in order to move up from very low first round to near the top of draft.

But if draft value points were use, that is what will cost to move up to #3 if DMac is a top three pick.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Wait a minute a de in the 3-4 is noy suppose to get to the QB the lb's are we have Ware, Ellis and Spencer is getting better why are we going to waste money on a 1st round pick. The whole job of the 3-4 dlinemen is to free up the lb's to rush and blitz. We have the olb we need we could use another 3-4 ilb but later in the draft or FA but it is by no means a need.

CB we need an desperately we need a young WR to take over soon. TG is most likely done after his surgery this summer and TO is the wrong side of 30

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1787256 said:

The Pats may not be stupid enough, but they are big enough jerks to ask that.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
D Mac has a few ?'S to answer before they trade 2-3 #1'S for a RB Here.

Arkansas runs not the most conventional Running attack. How does he translate to NFL?

Character issues, the whole cross dressing stuff from a few months back. Last game he was talking about how good his legs were and he wanted to play Cher.

Appears a great talent, but I am not mortgaging my future for him. Especially when we have MB3.... IN A DEEP Draft class at RB.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
conner01;1787136 said:
i think there is a very good chance mcfadden falls out of the top ten. none of the top ten teams have a need at rb as much as they do at other spots.
if he falls out of the top ten and the browns pick is around 20 i could see jerry using the browns pick and a future #1 to go up. i don't think he would use both from this year.
i don't see many teams who would trade up into the top 10 for a rb either. the cost in picks and money combine for a ton.
this is a deep draft at rb so if any position falls i think it will be rb.
if you can get mcfadden and still keep our #1 pick you do it, and it could very easily happen when you look at team needs and draft positions

The Jets, Raiders, Falcons and Bengals could all use a franchise type back...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
trickblue;1787363 said:
The Jets, Raiders, Falcons and Bengals could all use a franchise type back...

The Jets are too dumb to draft McFadden.

The Raiders will probably draft another WR.

The Falcons don't need a RB nearly as bad as they need a QB. Jerius Norwood is a solid RB. They'll most likely draft a QB.

McFadden may not be enough of a thug to be drafted by the Bengals. :D

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Clove;1786643 said:
If Jerry wants him, not out of the question a player may be thrown in the mix.

Excellent point Clove.

It would have to be somebody that has value, but has not lived up to either their draft status or they are buried on the depth chart. The deepest part of the team is the front 7, so I think it would probably be a player from there. Two come to mind that we could use as trade bait.

Bobby Carpenter and Marcus Spears.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1787098 said:
I hope your joking? Not as good as Peterson? This kid is breaking walker records teams game plan for him! I can't stress this enough. With eight in the box he is putting up these kinda numbers. He is not just a RB he is all purpose and I don't mean catching and running I mean if we grab him I wouldn't be surprised to hear McFadden Throws it to McFadden for a TouchDown. alot of people like to say that he isn't all that impressive and that there are other RB's with stats just as good but those other backs have a good system around them. Dmac is all they have. Besides his backup who picks on a tired D. If Dmac was the #2 and someone was wearing these guys out for him I can only imagine what his numbers would be. Heck just give him a good QB a nice Oline and half decent WR's and he would have broken alot more records.
If you don't want him because you are a JJ homer or because you want us to have probowlers at every position then say that but don't put this man down.
As much as we would all like to have Giant's front 7 and Bronco's CB's and Bengals WR's and NE's Oline and Bears Return man and Charger's HB's you can't always have the best at everything. We have a cap now things don't work like that no more. I like our D, They keep us in games and make the plays in clutch times. We have done enough with it. I think we should get younger at wide out but we need a burner and someone who is proven. We are fine at CB as well I wouldn't picking up Gay as a #3 but if not we will live. We need a HB JJ isn't anything special. You can't play like a bust through your entire contract and then7 weeks before it is up start playing half decent football. We need someone who can give it all every year every week every play. MB3 is nothing more then a change of pace back, Thats all he was in NCAA and thats all he is here. It isn't just Parcells who seen it because Wade sees it as well. Barber is happy with his role but we need a McFadden type HB.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1787098 said:

timing is everything, it would seem.

we *need* another CB.
we *need* a speed WR with experience
we *need* to not lose focus on the OL just cause the band aids have stopped the bleeding.

oh, and i need a ferrari too, but that doesn't make it the right choice at the time.

first of all - for all those saying "this team doesn't *need* a RB" - are you a draft BPA or for "need" person? if BPA and you rate mcfadden a top player, he won't slide because we want him too.

NO had mccalister and they drafted bush.

every year there's a shiney bullet that can't miss and every year, you miss more than you hit. that's not to say you don't hit it sometimes, it's to say make sure you gamble 'wisely'.

if cleveland would have given us a top 10 pick, we'd be in the ballpark of reality on mcfadden. given they may likely just give us our 22 back, it's time to work on balance.

not putting ourselves in "debt" for that ferrari.

miami - ronnie brown. wow. he was a legit #1 a few years ago. if miami believes in their qb of choice last year, they go rb now, or possibly wr, but they took ginn last year.

then ask yourself, how many qbs were taken when romo went FA? who's the mac daddy now?

it's time for us to be smart not make headlines and please the IGS. i was an IGS w/romo, you see. and i was wrong.

we've got a top 3 offense. how much is a "must have" for this?

our defense comes and goes like bad tuna flatchulance.

we need a secondary and we need consistancy from what we have.

it would be "nice" to have a mcfadden type player IF HE PANS OUT. people get so wrapped up in what they see they lost site of yesterday and what has been. time changes that. nothing else, unfortunately.

felix jones is also good. there are a LOT of good backs in this draft.

jjones and mbarber works.

i'd put RB on the position we could improve upon, but it's not a MUST HAVE position and that alone makes mcfadden NOT a must have player.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Troy Aikman recently opined that the biggest difference between "good teams" and "great teams" - is quality depth.

If RB was some desparate area of need - but it just ain't. IMO, the tag is too high on McFadden at two first-rounders... even if both come in the second half of the round. Add extra picks on top of that and I can't keep my eyes from rolling.

RB is a position where you can routinely get great value and a good back in the middle rounds. And there wouldn't be much pressure on the draftee as Barber is more than serviceable - he's actually a pretty darn good back.

If the Cowboys are gonna over-invest in a position (and I hope they will NOT) I'd rather it be CB where you just can't have enuff good one's - and our two starters can't seem to stay simultaneously healthy. Especially Anthony "Trainer's Table" Henry. Or WR - where our top two are both well past their 30th birthdays. Or LOT - where our starter is getting "long of tooth" and some people are beginning to say "Don't worry - Leonard Davis can play that position." .... yeah - sure he can.

McFadden is a great college back. But just say no to a probable marquee back - and yes to multiple first-rounders, multiple good players, and better overall depth for the team.

Championship depth.