Good News/Bad News- Bruce Carter to be activated on Sunday

fifaguy

Reaction score
Wayne02;4204120 said:
Who cares if Holley is cut. He's just another guy who will be gone at the end of this season. I'm excited to see what Carter can do. He was a great ST's guy in college, so I look for him to make an impact there while he gets used to the speed of the NFL.

Really? Hasn't Holley been on the team/ps for the past three years now? I don't have a problem with cutting him if necessary, but Ferris Buehler should be gone before him...

Wayne02

Reaction score
fifaguy;4204144 said:
Really? Hasn't Holley been on the team/ps for the past three years now? I don't have a problem with cutting him if necessary, but Ferris Buehler should be gone before him...

My point is I don't care if it's Holley or Beuhler or any one else from the bottom of the roster. Those kind of guys come and go, I'm excited about Carter and what he can bring to this team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4204096 said:
You guys are killing me.

Do we really think Holley is Jimmy Smith.

Ok I shut up.
I didn't say a thing about Holley. I am talking only about buying this.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jobberone;4203883 said:
What do you think a GM does?

They should be there to assist their coaching staff getting players their coaches and staff believe are good fits for the team. A GM should never be deciding who stays and who goes over the HC. Especially not one who claimed that there will be no players on the team that jason garrett doesn't want on the team.

Now don't get me wrong I don't think holley is anything special but I do think he's more vaqluable and more usabnle than a backup kicker.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Wayne02;4204159 said:
My point is I don't care if it's Holley or Beuhler or any one else from the bottom of the roster. Those kind of guys come and go, I'm excited about Carter and what he can bring to this team.

I agree with you there man!

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hostile;4204168 said:
I didn't say a thing about Holley. I am talking only about buying this.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about you of course. This Holley thing is irritates me, not like he can outrun my mother, he can only hope to be Crayton one day. I trust the guys that see them everyday, he is a churn guy and nothing more.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Remember when the only reason Holley was on the team was because of meddling Jerry?

Ah good times. :lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JIGGYFLY;4204271 said:
Remember when the only reason Holley was on the team was because of meddling Jerry?

Ah good times. :lmao2:
Good point. Now he is going to be cut because of meddling Jerry.

It never ends.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;4204062 said:
This hasn't happened yet?

How strange...

So does this means that we should put away our pitchforks and torches? I was ready for a good ole fashion rueing. :mad:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't understand why we get worked up over the bottom-feeders of the team. I don't care who the 52nd or 53rd player in when we're trying to bring in a young possible into the fold.

My job is to watch them win, if something they do FO wise affects that, then I will blast away. But for now, we're 3 & 3, and hoping to keep moving forward. Things like Holley/buehler will work themselves out hopefully.

links18

Reaction score
Clove;4204283 said:
I don't understand why we get worked up over the bottom-feeders of the team.

Bottom-feeders? That's a little harsh. Romo and Austin were once "bottom-feeders," I guess?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
links18;4204329 said:
Bottom-feeders? That's a little harsh. Romo and Austin were once "bottom-feeders," I guess?

Exactly right.

But besides, I don't think people are really "worked up" over Holley. They're just sick of dealing with an egomaniac owner and the thought of him determining any personnel move is enough to make us hurl.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4204337 said:
I doubt they make any kind of move until Friday.
I doubt Richie Whitt knows his rear end from a hole in the ground on what the Cowboys are doing when they activate Bruce Carter. But oh how many people took it as gospel truth just so they could bash the team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't think our special teams is good enough to lose Holley. Our coverage is okay to good and the loss of Holley disrupts that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;4204581 said:
I don't think our special teams is good enough to lose Holley. Our coverage is okay to good and the loss of Holley disrupts that.

Coverage is why Buehler has been kept. But Holley is top three in coverage tackles for Dallas. Now, Carter will be added as well. That should add some excitement also.

Wayne02

Reaction score

The coaching staff seems to disagree with you. Carter was a standout on ST's in college. Holley won't be missed

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think Ball is our best ST cover guy.