Good News/Bad News- Bruce Carter to be activated on Sunday

Jed_70

Reaction score
I'd like to see Carter slowly worked into the rotation. The LB play has been pretty good thus far.

In a perfect world he at least passes Brooking on the depth chart and splits reps with James during the latter half of the season.

links18

Reaction score
ArmyCowboy;4203526 said:
Probably

I'm not a Buehler fan and I really don't understand Jerry weird love affair with the guy, but cutting Holley wouldn't bother me in the least.

You're OK going with 4 receivers?

dools

Reaction score
ArmyCowboy;4203482 said:
The injury setllement is based on his pay until he's healthy again.

We're paying him now anyway.

That's not why he hsan't been cut.

Then ,assuming he was cut, what would be his incentive to say he was fully healthy if he most likely would not be picked up by another team? And, I'm not sure how much he would be paid by another team, but I would think it would be for less money than he is currently making. I do know the team is extremely high on a WR from the practice squad named Andre Holmes. He may be the reason they would be willing to part ways with Holley.

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
links18;4203559 said:
You're OK going with 4 receivers?

Sure

We rarely use more than 3 WR sets anyway.

The problem is that past #3 (Robinson) none of the WRs we've had this season are very good.

If one gets hurt, we can always resign Holley or sign one of the THREE WRs we have on the PC.

Wayne02

Reaction score
dexternjack;4202079 said:
Dumb decision if they release Jesse. If Miles or Dez gets hurt again, then what? Some other team will pick up Holley I would think

Nobody is going to pick up Holley. This guy is JAG at best. I don't agree with Beuhler still being on the team, but Holley isn't anything special.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
dools;4203561 said:
Then ,assuming he was cut, what would be his incentive to say he was fully healthy if he most likely would not be picked up by another team? And, I'm not sure how much he would be paid by another team, but I would think it would be for less money than he is currently making. I do know the team is extremely high on a WR from the practice squad named Andre Holmes. He may be the reason they would be willing to part ways with Holley.
Buehler is getting the minimum already.

fifaguy

Reaction score
When one of our top 3 receivers gets injured yet again we will look back at this and shake our heads.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
fifaguy;4203862 said:
When one of our top 3 receivers gets injured yet again we will look back at this and shake our heads.

any official word on this yet or are we just guessing here?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4203415 said:
WTH...seriously?

If this in fact true then this is the second time this week where Jerry has completely irked the hell out of me.

he should have no say, at all, in who they cut to make room for Carter and cutting a really solid contributer on special teams for a clown who will only be doing kickoffs is beyond stupid.

What do you think a GM does?

Aven8

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4203543 said:
UPDATE: Carter on 1st team punt unit - Holley on scout team. Pretty telling. Via Tmac on twitter.

Very telling.

tayloner

Reaction score
To be honest, I just don't see how it's NOT Daniel Loper that we cut. Holland is back healthy and playing well to solidify the starting LG spot, plus we have our veteran Dockery back healthy, and the young developmental guy in Arkin. We don't need 5 guards, I say Loper goes before Holley.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
tayloner182;4203909 said:
To be honest, I just don't see how it's NOT Daniel Loper that we cut. Holland is back healthy and playing well to solidify the starting LG spot, plus we have our veteran Dockery back healthy, and the young developmental guy in Arkin. We don't need 5 guards, I say Loper goes before Holley.
This makes good sense.

Also, I'm in the keep Buehler camp. He has more value than Loper, for sure. He saves us about 5 yards per kickoff return. That's more valuable than a 5th guard.

tayloner

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4203921 said:
This makes good sense.

Also, I'm in the keep Buehler camp. He has more value than Loper, for sure. He saves us about 5 yards per kickoff return. That's more valuable than a 5th guard.

Agreed. I think the whole Holley on scout team thing has more to do with him being inactive this week than it does with him being cut. With our team getting healthy, it doesn't make sense to have 5 WR's on gameday, when really only the top 3 are getting significant action.

shockandroll

Reaction score
tayloner182;4203932 said:
Agreed. I think the whole Holley on scout team thing has more to do with him being inactive this week than it does with him being cut. With our team getting healthy, it doesn't make sense to have 5 WR's on gameday, when really only the top 3 are getting significant action.

Yeah but Holley is good on special teams. I think Og's needing to jump in on returns is the reason they'd move Holley instead of Ogs right now. If he were not returning, he would not being doing much on game day.

Wayne02

Reaction score
fifaguy;4204114 said:
Just speculating for now

Who cares if Holley is cut. He's just another guy who will be gone at the end of this season. I'm excited to see what Carter can do. He was a great ST's guy in college, so I look for him to make an impact there while he gets used to the speed of the NFL.