Good News/Bad News- Bruce Carter to be activated on Sunday

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Hostile;4202622 said:
Thread about injury settlement idea.

In particular read Adam's financial breakdown.

Thanks, that is helpful.

So, at this point, keeping Buehler doesn't make much sense to me either. Still, it isn't if keeping Buehler means the team is missing out on some all-star.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
bigE79;4202073 said:
I don't believe it,not about carter being activated but about cutting holly...if JG doesn't want him gone,he won't be,imo

I dont believe it either as far as Holley being cut to make room.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
WTH...seriously?

If this in fact true then this is the second time this week where Jerry has completely irked the hell out of me.

he should have no say, at all, in who they cut to make room for Carter and cutting a really solid contributer on special teams for a clown who will only be doing kickoffs is beyond stupid.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I was reading Holley's twitter page. Either he's a total fake, or he is the most positive person on the planet. I think he's genuine.

I'd hate to see him get cut.

Edit: my apologies if this is posted elsewhere in the thread:

"I Don't Like addressing media rumors, but as of right now I AM STILL A COWBOY & hope to remain a COWBOY for a long time. I Have not been Cut"

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Double Trouble;4203436 said:
"I Don't Like addressing media rumors, but as of right now I AM STILL A COWBOY & hope to remain a COWBOY for a long time. I Have not been Cut"

You don't say? This doesn't mean Jerry and Jason might not still be fighting over a roster position for a backup kicker/5th WR, though, does it? Because I've got a lot of emotional energy invested in that absurd notion at this point, and I won't give it up easily.

CCBoy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4203415 said:
WTH...seriously?

If this in fact true then this is the second time this week where Jerry has completely irked the hell out of me.

he should have no say, at all, in who they cut to make room for Carter and cutting a really solid contributer on special teams for a clown who will only be doing kickoffs is beyond stupid.

Wait a second here...why was Buehler bring in originally? He was brought in to boom the kick on kick-offs. Not to be the field goal kicker. It was important enough then, and should be now. There is no question as to his value in this role.

I don't know if Buehler will ever get consistent as a field goal kicker, and now, that appears to be a mute question as Bailey has become ice cold consistent. Later on, it may well be good for Buehler to move into a situation where he can challenge the field goal part of kicking as well. But as in the past, keeping a team from getting a short field position through a short kick, still is important. Especially with an eye for possible game changers all the way through the playoffs.

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
dools;4202931 said:
I have a buddy who works for the organization and he told me we probably would not cut Buehler because he is still injured and if we cut him we would still have to pay him for 6 or 8 weeks. He said we would most likely cut Holley but its not for sure.

The injury setllement is based on his pay until he's healthy again.

We're paying him now anyway.

That's not why he hsan't been cut.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
CCBoy;4203477 said:
Wait a second here...why was Buehler bring in originally? He was brought in to boom the kick on kick-offs. Not to be the field goal kicker. It was important enough then, and should be now. There is no question as to his value in this role.

I don't know if Buehler will ever get consistent as a field goal kicker, and now, that appears to be a mute question as Bailey has become ice cold consistent. Later on, it may well be good for Buehler to move into a situation where he can challenge the field goal part of kicking as well. But as in the past, keeping a team from getting a short field position through a short kick, still is important. Especially with an eye for possible game changers all the way through the playoffs.

My opinion: the rule change that moved the kickoff spot to the 35 yd line changed Buehler's value. Bailey isn't great at booming his kickoffs, but with the additional 5 yards, he's plenty good enough. Therefore, Buehler is just not needed and is hogging a roster spot that could be put to better use.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Gadfly22;4203494 said:
My opinion: the rule change that moved the kickoff spot to the 35 yd line changed Buehler's value. Bailey isn't great at booming his kickoffs, but with the additional 5 yards, he's plenty good enough. Therefore, Buehler is just not needed and is hogging a roster spot that could be put to better use.

Not all stadiums are without wind and weather effects. Even here, go back and look at the rather significant number of kicks by Bailey that are being run back. One still needs to send it to the back of the end zone or out...and here, Buehler is still the better option.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
This hasn't been confirmed, so I'm not going to cut Jerry's throat, but what irks me about this rumor is that I'm near positive some team will sign Holley to their roster if he is cut, and I am near positive no team will be bursting through the doors to sign Beuhler. So it seems Beuhler would be the easiest to get back if we needed his services down the road.

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
There hundreds of Jesse Holleys out there.

I highly doubt he'd be immediately signed if we do cut him and if he is, so what?

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;4202076 said:
Wait a minute. I thought we were all assured that there would not be anyone on the team unless Garrett wanted them?

Haha I see what u did there...

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
ArmyCowboy;4203513 said:

I highly doubt he'd be immediately signed if we do cut him and if he is, so what?

Speaking of that...what happened to Dwayne Harris? Was he signed by another team or did we resign him to the practice squad?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ArmyCowboy;4203513 said:

And even more people who can't kick field goals.

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4203516 said:
Speaking of that...what happened to Dwayne Harris? Was he signed by another team or did we resign him to the practice squad?

Amazingly, he cleared waivers and was signed to the PC. ;)

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
stasheroo;4203518 said:
And even more people who can't kick field goals.

Probably

I'm not a Buehler fan and I really don't understand Jerry weird love affair with the guy, but cutting Holley wouldn't bother me in the least.

CCBoy

Reaction score
ArmyCowboy;4203526 said:
Probably

I'm not a Buehler fan and I really don't understand Jerry weird love affair with the guy, but cutting Holley wouldn't bother me in the least.

Myself, I'm pretty high on depth that can catch in traffic and the heart to stay focused and with sticky fingers. Receivers with less initial talents have done very well in the NFL when depended upon and given on carpet venues to show their own abilities to contribute.

I hope that Holland and Dockery build through the season, and with little injury problems....as that was a sting adding to itches of this offense.

On roster numbers, I'm wondering where the view at center is leading the team? Maybe couchscout can give some insight here?

JBS

Reaction score
UPDATE: Carter on 1st team punt unit - Holley on scout team. Pretty telling. Via Tmac on twitter.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
CCBoy;4203502 said:
Not all stadiums are without wind and weather effects. Even here, go back and look at the rather significant number of kicks by Bailey that are being run back. One still needs to send it to the back of the end zone or out...and here, Buehler is still the better option.

Weather or no weather, I'm OK with run-backs -- especially since we're seeking lots of kicks being run back from far deeper in the endzone than in past years anyway. If Bailey can improve his directional kicking and not kick out of bounds (like last week), I think the Buehler roster spot needs to belong to someone else.