Good News/Bad News

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From your new avatar DallasEast, I'm guessing you are an appreciable fan of cinema.
Your last post rates as a bonifide movie plot that will draw plenty of people (certainly Cowboys fans) to see.
Write up a "Cliff Notes" version of it - then shop it around the entertainment industry.
lol. Thanks for the compliment but no. I piss off enough folks here at CowboysZone with junk I write. The last thing I should do is have Hollywood executives reviewing my stuff, before muttering to themselves, "...what the bleepity-bleep bleep is this???"

:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see Belichick not demanding final GM say long before him being ok with Jerry and his kid constantly on the radio talking about things that BB goes out of his way to keep private.

Personally I’d rather take a shot at a younger guy who can build here for a decade, but if BB coming aboard gets these two to finally shut their mouths, Im in.
Anything is possible. Not sure why Bill Belichick did not make the same personal concession for Arthur Blank and be employed right now but maybe it 'taught' him a lesson that he will not repeat. This entire thread should be bookmarked. Not for 'I told you so's' but as a back reference of how perceptions stood before if-and-when Jerry Jones and Belichick finally sit and make a formal agreement.

MikeT22

Reaction score
let's just calm down here about Jerry not being able to work well with strong personalities because he did it with bill Parcells and yes it was short but built ourselves at Jimmy Johnson very similar personalities we're never staying here much longer than they did had nothing to do with Jerry they're always looking for the new challenge and that's the same thing with Bill Belichick we might get two to three seasons out of him but hey it could be hey it could be a positive we we don't know I'm just throwing it out there it's all hypothetical...
Primary reason Jimmy left when he did was due to Jerry.

But beyond why Jimmy and Parcells left, the main issue is Jerry was glad they did. And instead of trying to find another high end HC Jerry was more than happy to take back the reins and hire his impotent puppets.

That’s been the prevailing theme since Jimmy, with the only exception being Parcells, due to extenuating circumstances trying to get a quick fix in order to get the new stadium.

All the flak Jerry gets is well deserved.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The obvious: right now the Cowboys fan base is in the middle of an 18 month boring/inactive time by the front office. The team will fight for a wildcard and that’s about it.

That’s due to the fact they have 70 million in dead cap next year and will have to replace up to 29 free agents next year.

So this year they had to get linemen and LBs - no sexy picks.

Next free agency will be the same as they’ll need a bunch of vet minimum guys just to fill out the roster.

HOWEVER come draft April 2025 things get exciting again. Dallas will draft at least 2-3 “sexy picks” next year. They’ll need a starting WR2, RB, 3T, MLB and other depth pieces.

So there will be a fresh infusion of new primary players and of course we won’t even touch on the Dak situation.

So yes this year will be painful as the worst case scenario is to go 11-6 and be one and done. Better would be to go 7-10 and miss the playoffs to be higher to pick each of these primary pieces.

Of course there could also be a new coaching staff here and I’ll put in my early pick: LINCOLN RILEY who’s said college is getting harder to HCs and he may be done after he sees what life is like without Caleb and having to travel to Northwestern/Rutgers to play conference games.

Hibernate and check back in next spring!
Another “fan” hoping the team loses. :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The obvious: right now the Cowboys fan base is in the middle of an 18 month boring/inactive time by the front office. The team will fight for a wildcard and that’s about it.

That’s due to the fact they have 70 million in dead cap next year and will have to replace up to 29 free agents next year.

So this year they had to get linemen and LBs - no sexy picks.

Next free agency will be the same as they’ll need a bunch of vet minimum guys just to fill out the roster.

HOWEVER come draft April 2025 things get exciting again. Dallas will draft at least 2-3 “sexy picks” next year. They’ll need a starting WR2, RB, 3T, MLB and other depth pieces.

So there will be a fresh infusion of new primary players and of course we won’t even touch on the Dak situation.

So yes this year will be painful as the worst case scenario is to go 11-6 and be one and done. Better would be to go 7-10 and miss the playoffs to be higher to pick each of these primary pieces.

Of course there could also be a new coaching staff here and I’ll put in my early pick: LINCOLN RILEY who’s said college is getting harder to HCs and he may be done after he sees what life is like without Caleb and having to travel to Northwestern/Rutgers to play conference games.

Hibernate and check back in next spring!
None of your stats are correct :facepalm: