Goodell a great Commish for the times

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Absolute trash conclusion. Wanting the players to just play is in no way prejudiced. Very very weak, dude.
But it hits to a deeper issue which needs exposing. We shouldn’t expect a player to not use their stage to voice their concerns on issues anymore than any public celebrity figure . Sports is not exempt from this display of emotion and expression as we see in other forms of entertainment.

It’s time that fans realize NFL is not just a league. These are not just football players. It’s sports entertainment and these are celebrity athletes just like any other programming televised.

And if you don’t like or support the issues and concerns these celebrity athletes represents you should look elsewhere for your entertainment if it bothers you that much.

Because most of us embrace it and it draws us closer to them and their issues they are endorsing. It’s obvious why these fans are set back by these celebrity athletes rising up is because they are totally against what they are passionately acting on.

And to those fans I say screw you up one side and the other. I don’t care if you patronage this sport or not. We’ll look to attract other fringe or casual fans who are more passionate about these issues and drawn to those supporting them . Thanks

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But it hits to a deeper issue which needs exposing. We shouldn’t expect a player to not use their stage to voice their concerns on issues anymore than any public celebrity figure . Sports is not exempt from this display of emotion and expression as we see in other forms of entertainment.

It’s time that fans realize NFL is not just a league. These are not just football players. It’s sports entertainment and these are celebrity athletes just like any other programming televised.

And if you don’t like or support the issues and concerns these celebrity athletes represents you should look elsewhere for your entertainment if it bothers you that much.

Because most of us embrace it and it draws us closer to them and their issues they are endorsing. It’s obvious why these fans are set back by these celebrity athletes rising up is because they are totally against what they are passionately acting on.

And to those fans I say screw you up one side and the other. I don’t care if you patronage this sport or not. We’ll look to attract other fringe or casual fans who are more passionate about these issues and drawn to those supporting them . Thanks

What an embarrassing take. I don't want your lame partisan BS in sports, and if the league continues to do it, I will continue streaming their content and consuming it without giving them a single dime. I will watch them go down in flames.

Imagine pushing for the destruction of a league you supposedly love. 7% drop in viewership and a decline in Super Bowl watchers - all during a time when people are spending more time at home than ever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What an embarrassing take. I don't want your lame partisan BS in sports, and if the league continues to do it, I will continue streaming their content and consuming it without giving them a single dime. I will watch them go down in flames.

Imagine pushing for the destruction of a league you supposedly love. 7% drop in viewership and a decline in Super Bowl watchers - all during a time when people are spending more time at home than ever.
7% drop is a percentage I’d graciously accept to rid our sport from fans like them. It proves what a small prejudice misinformed and misguided segment they are.

That’s not going to destroy a league . Get over yourselves and come to the 21st Century where those attitudes are no longer accepted in society. If not , stick the dime back in pocket.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is why would fans support a league, owners and players who are totally against their beliefs, convictions and stance on such passionate issues.

I’d certainly never watch a nascar race because of what the fans and sports represent . And even they have dialed it back a bit realizing they were over the top.

It’s time this segment realize their attitudes are the problem . I will give some the benefit of the doubt because they have been poorly guided and misinformed to suit an agenda. But at some point you must see the light . The NFL like others at least provides an opportunity for you to see.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
7% drop is a percentage I’d graciously accept to rid our sport from fans like them. It proves what a small prejudice misinformed and misguided segment they are.

That’s not going to destroy a league . Get over yourselves and come to the 21st Century where those attitudes are no longer accepted in society. If not , stick the dime back in pocket.

You don't know who these people are. Take your moral grandstanding elsewhere. Also, using an argument in terms of popularity is a fallacy. Your takes are bad and you should stop discussing this.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is why would fans support a league, owners and players who are totally against their beliefs, convictions and stance on such passionate issues.

I’d certainly never watch a nascar race because of what the fans and sports represent . And even they have dialed it back a bit realizing they were over the top.

It’s time this segment realize their attitudes are the problem . I will give some the benefit of the doubt because they have been poorly guided and misinformed to suit an agenda. But at some point you must see the light . The NFL like others at least provides an opportunity for you to see.

They don't support it, ding dong. Which is why it's part of reason the viewership is dropping....

Take your corporate sponsored opinions elsewhere, it's not impressive. You have a thousand social media sites that LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your lame takes, they get off on it. Take it there.

Haimerej

Reaction score

Big talk knowing the second these issues are discussed it will end up in a benching. But keep slandering people you're completely protected from. Show's your character.

Haimerej

Reaction score

You really do live in a bubble.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Big talk knowing the second these issues are discussed it will end up in a benching. But keep slandering people you're completely protected from. Show's your character.
If you’re not able to articulate and express your argument within the rules that’s on you.

Haimerej

Reaction score
If you’re not able to articulate and express your argument within the rules that’s on you.

Sure, Greg. We've played this game before.

The forum rules don't want those issues discussed. Can you not take a hint? Don't bring it here.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

What your discussing is already against the rules. Even this very sub understands why you shouldn't bring this topic into sports.

Yet, here you are, on the forum. Why are you here? I guess this forum isn't on the right side of history....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Imagine the NFL doesn’t care about this segment of fans who don’t support their stance . Lol

My point has been made .

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Imagine the NFL doesn’t care about this segment of fans who don’t support their stance . Lol

The NFL is a business, they don't care about your opinion on anything. They care about the bottom line. I can't believe you are this obtuse. If the majority of people tomorrow flipped a switch and became, what you consider to be the wrong side, they would then push the polar opposite of what they are pushing now. They just DID a year ago.

So NFL was bad in 2019, but was good in 2020. They are a business and this is how they want your money. I choose not to give their wavering partisan BS any of my cash. I will consume their product out of spite without dropping a dime.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The NFL is a business, they don't care about your opinion on anything. They care about the bottom line. I can't believe you are this obtuse. If the majority of people tomorrow flipped a switch and became, what you consider to be the wrong side, they would then push the polar opposite of what they are pushing now. They just DID a year ago.

So NFL was bad in 2019, but was good in 2020. They are a business and this is how they want your money. I choose not to give their wavering partisan BS any of my cash. I will consume their product out of spite without dropping a dime.
I’d prefer fans who don’t support the players and the league stance to walk away. But I’m sure they appreciate your business .

Something I’d never do is patronage a business Im hell bent against. Too hypocritical for me.