Goodell a great Commish for the times

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nfl is dying. Multiple reasons. Kids also losing interest in playing. 10 years from now will be a vastly different pinache
I know this isnt Rome, but the NFL offered this society once upon a time the closest sport to a true gladiator event.
Must be too savage with the new soft society, extreme salaries arent enough,, most here would probably take the risk for just an average years salary, so I dont want to hear the soft flower sniffers,,, these NFL players have a choice.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
ROGER abused his power and this is only one example of a long line of offenses by him. It was a travesty what he did to Zeke and the team.
He felt like such a king that day,, probably didnt even tip the waiter at applebees after he exerted his law that day.
What a bought and payed for Chump

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I've seen other posters tell you this and the sheer number of comments that don't support your thinking should tell you to give this idiotic idea of yours up. There's been everything from pics making fun of you over your comments to others asking how much goodell is paying you to me who now has had 2 comments mysteriously disappear spelling out why goodell isn't and hasn't been good and is not a lock for the HOF like you think he is. I admitted that he did a really good job handling all the problems of this season, but that in no way outweighs all the bad he's done. Because of things he has done or didn't do there has been a decline in NFL viewership for the last 3 years. Numbers actually started going down ever sine the kaepernick fiasco and that is something he could have handled that wouldn't have started the decline. goodell isn't the saint you're trying to paint him as and most people know this.
Isnt that just amazing how posts just disappear, its like magic

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
When you considered the CTE billions dollar lawsuits could have ended the NFL, I’d argue their actions has saved it from being totally destroyed. Litigation is the biggest threat to the league.
Well, right here you get my attention and agreement,, Its definitely not solely on RG for bringing this league down,,, allowing ambulance chasing lawyers into the game with CTE motivation,, that was definitely the curve ball on the outside edge of the plate.
Sorry to Lawyers that post here ,, lol
But your all screwing society over while helping your clients hit the lottery.
Somebody always has to pay the bill.
We all pick up that tab,,

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That’s mainly because you don’t agree in their position on social issues. I applaud those using their stage to support their stance on social issues. We see it all through celebrity entertainers.

Again, the NFL is more than a football league. It’s sports entertainment at the highest level. And it’s on network TV for all to see.

Its why the league feels it’s in their best interest to present as wholesome image as possible for attracting the fringe fans. And in order to keep the Networks and their Sponsors supporting a better image. That’s the bottomline . It’s always about the money.
Oh give it a break,, wipe away the tears of millionaires if you want to... I dont care.
I want to be proud of my stupid redneck heritage, and actually sit down, have a beer and watch a real football game.
That represents your so called "99 percent".

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Goodell deserves much credit for not only steering the league thru this seasons pandemic but really the most difficult era Id argue in NFL history as it continue to transcend with the times including all of the issues it’s confronted with in society.

I know he’s received criticism for his disciplinary actions of players but that’s a critical part of the success he’s been able to achieve overcoming theses social unrest the league and its players have encountered which has divided some of our fans as they have walked away as a result.

But he’s stayed the course protecting the Iconic label and its owners interest. And every decision in the long run appears the right decision for the league.

But the way he handled this pandemic with strict guidelines fining HC’s for not wearing mask initially and the protocols to avoid not cancelling any games which no other league can claim is truly remarkable.

He’s going to be an early lock for HOF. And history is going to reflect generously on him perhaps before he’s done surpassing Rozelle as greatest Commish ever.

Yea, I said it here first.

Ahhhh..... No.... and He!! No!!!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh give it a break,, wipe away the tears of millionaires if you want to... I dont care.
I want to be proud of my stupid redneck heritage, and actually sit down, have a beer and watch a real football game.
That represents your so called "99 percent".
It’s that type of attitude and image that continues to tarnish the image of the fans and general public.

And if you want to watch a football game without all of the entertainment value , social issues , millions and billions attached , etc. I’d suggest going out to your local fields for some amateur football which I still do as often as possible because if you turn on the TV it’s going to be much more than just the game itself.

Not realizing what sports on TV has evolved into isn’t just an outdated heritage , it’s ignorance or naivety.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, right here you get my attention and agreement,, Its definitely not solely on RG for bringing this league down,,, allowing ambulance chasing lawyers into the game with CTE motivation,, that was definitely the curve ball on the outside edge of the plate.
Sorry to Lawyers that post here ,, lol
But your all screwing society over while helping your clients hit the lottery.
Somebody always has to pay the bill.
We all pick up that tab,,
Actually the responsibility falls on the league for they knew the damage and potential consequences of head concussions and head trauma for decades and swept it under the rug.

And while some see it as bringing the league down , its actually taking action for the league to survive beyond the litigation which could have ended it without taking action.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand completely, he is bought and paid for,,, Im not defending him, you are.
I’m not defending him. I’m explaining his role in all of this because it’s not clear if everyone truly grasp.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
It’s that type of attitude and image that continues to tarnish the image of the fans and general public.

And if you want to watch a football game without all of the entertainment value , social issues , millions and billions attached , etc. I’d suggest going out to your local fields for some amateur football which I still do as often as possible because if you turn on the TV it’s going to be much more than just the game itself.

Not realizing what sports on TV has evolved into isn’t just an outdated heritage , it’s ignorance or naivety.

What you're not realizing is the shift you love has hurt those who push it. ESPN took a big hit after flat out stating they're jumping into that market. If anyone here is in denial about consequences, it's the people cheerleading the policies that are shrinking the fan base.

Think about it Greg. They had to do make goods to sponsors for loss of viewership. In a time when people are literally being told to stay home, viewership is declining. Across all platforms.

Haimerej

Reaction score
The last Super Bowl before Goodell became commissioner was SB XL. It was seen by 140+ million people.

This last Super Bowl was seen by 91+ million people.

Yeah... Goodell has done a great job.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What you're not realizing is the shift you love has hurt those who push it. ESPN took a big hit after flat out stating they're jumping into that market. If anyone here is in denial about consequences, it's the people cheerleading the policies that are shrinking the fan base.

Think about it Greg. They had to do make goods to sponsors for loss of viewership. In a time when people are literally being told to stay home, viewership is declining. Across all platforms.
Again during this Pandemic there are contributing factors. One of which is incredible increases in viewers watching the news. CNN had something like 200% increase. They all were amazingly high.

And we have so many viewers out of work, displaced or lost their home, etc. Too many outside distractions and misfortunes to simply be staying at home watching football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The last Super Bowl before Goodell became commissioner was SB XL. It was seen by 140+ million people.

This last Super Bowl was seen by 91+ million people.

Yeah... Goodell has done a great job.
  • Since Goodell took over commissionership back in 2006, the league's annual revenue has increasedfrom $6.5 billion to $13.2 billion. That's more than double. According to our own numbers here at Forbes, only five teams were valued at $1-plus billion back in 2006.

kskboys

Reaction score
  • Since Goodell took over commissionership back in 2006, the league's annual revenue has increasedfrom $6.5 billion to $13.2 billion. That's more than double. According to our own numbers here at Forbes, only five teams were valued at $1-plus billion back in 2006.
Mostly, people only assess positions such as Gooddell's from their own personal point of view w/o considering the mountain of aspects that go along w/ it. Most of the hate I see comes from how he handled Zeke's case. That was only one tiny aspect of what Goody has done.

What I absolutely cannot fathom is how people don't see that he is nothing more than the mob lawyer.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Again during this Pandemic there are contributing factors. One of which is incredible increases in viewers watching the news. CNN had something like 200% increase. They all were amazingly high.

And we have so many viewers out of work, displaced or lost their home, etc. Too many outside distractions and misfortunes to simply be staying at home watching football.

That doesn't account for a 65% drop in viewership.

The trend also started before the pandemic.