Goodell a great Commish for the times

Haimerej

Reaction score
I really don’t know. Ignorant on those matters. Regardless , it doesn’t appear the league is overly concerned with losing the viewers at this time . Which I applaud them for. Initially they didn’t take the stance they are now. And those fans can fall off the face of the earth for all I care. These recent years has developed a segment I want nothing to do with.,

Maybe you're on the wrong side of history.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who said prejudice isn't prevalent? Everyone has prejudices. I'm saying that the majority of the cases presented as evidence of social injustice are flat out lies meant to further a narrative.

The cases that are actually injustices are so few and far between it can hardly be considered a systemic problem. But the narrative pushers have an agenda which is more important than reality.
You may believe that but I certainly don’t. I think there’s enough evidence it’s still a real concern. Except for people who believe they deserve to be treated as such or have it coming.

And I’m not speaking of just their treatment by police but society in general. Being in business I know too many people who discriminate. It’s so obvious down here in all aspects regardless if it’s not as much in the justice system. Prejudice is still prevalent.

Haimerej

Reaction score
You may believe that but I certainly don’t. I think there’s enough evidence it’s still a real concern. Except for people who believe they deserve to be treated as such or have it coming.

And I’m not speaking of just their treatment by police but society in general. Being in business I know too many people who discriminate. It’s so obvious down here in all aspects regardless if it’s not as much in the justice system. Prejudice is still prevalent.

Society has no agency. People discriminate. Sounds like you're hanging with the wrong people.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe you're on the wrong side of history.
I don’t think so. Obviously the league doesn’t either nor the majority in this country. But the resistance does appear to want to roll back the clock. I’m hopeful they’ll crawl back under their rocks once their leadership fizzles out which has emboldened this prejudice rhetoric again .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Society has no agency. People discriminate. Sounds like you're hanging with the wrong people.
No, I’ve surrounded myself with like minded people on the most part. But unfortunately have been exposed living in Texas over 60 years. We know what Rednecks are.

This appears another deadend discussion Jeremiah. I usually don’t even waste this much time with people on the other side. I don’t have patience anymore. It’s wasted effort . I’d rather be sharing my message elsewhere.

Haimerej

Reaction score
No, I’ve surrounded myself with like minded people on the most part. But unfortunately have been exposed living in Texas over 60 years. We know what Rednecks are.

What are they? Do tell.

This appears another deadend discussion Jeremiah. I usually don’t even waste this much time with people on the other side. I don’t have patience anymore. It’s wasted effort . I’d rather be sharing my message elsewhere.

That's what I thought. You're not here to discuss anything that may conflict with your point of view. I've given you opportunity after opportunity to say something of substance. You can't move beyond platitudes because you know from our past discussions that I can back up what I say. Run away to your bubble. You'll be happier.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don’t think so. Obviously the league doesn’t either nor the majority in this country. But the resistance does appear to want to roll back the clock. I’m hopeful they’ll crawl back under their rocks once their leadership fizzles out which has emboldened this prejudice rhetoric again .

Prejudice rhetoric? Stop projecting your nonsense onto people who have the ability to discuss hard truths.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because you won't hear it.
Until we can establish facts and truths we both can agree on, we can’t move forward. Our only alternative is to slam it down each other’s throats with majority in power. Compromise doesn’t appear an option at this time.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Until we can establish facts and truths we both can agree on, we can’t move forward. Our only alternative is to slam it down each other’s throats with majority in power. Compromise doesn’t appear an option at this time.

Speak for yourself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What are they? Do tell.

That's what I thought. You're not here to discuss anything that may conflict with your point of view. I've given you opportunity after opportunity to say something of substance. You can't move beyond platitudes because you know from our past discussions that I can back up what I say. Run away to your bubble. You'll be happier.
Your right. I’m not really interested in conflicting discussions. It’s usually a dead end.

My intent is advocating Goodell and the leagues stance . And touting his tenure.

This has derailed enough. It’s my courtesy to always respond and answer questions best I can . But we appear to have exhausted the discussion. Be safe!

Haimerej

Reaction score
Your right. I’m not really interested in conflicting discussions. It’s usually a dead end.

My intent is advocating Goodell and the leagues stance . And touting his tenure.

This has derailed enough. It’s my courtesy to always respond and answer questions best I can . But we appear to have exhausted the discussion. Be safe!

You always do that when you're getting cornered. All that talk about how you don't back away from a fight, etc. is just talk.

"Oh no, the thread is derailed." :rolleyes:

Ghost12

Reaction score
No doubt. They all dropped the ball on Rices situation which in turn influenced the reaction to other players violations. They couldn’t turn a deaf ear again and then a video come out.
No, not “they all.” That was arguably the worst public relations debacle in sports of the past 15 years and the blame for completely botching it falls squarely on the shoulders of the commissioner you love so much.

A player punched a woman so hard it knocked her out cold. This was the biggest test of Goodell’s career and he failed miserably.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, not “they all.” That was arguably the worst public relations debacle in sports of the past 15 years and the blame for completely botching it falls squarely on the shoulders of the commissioner you love so much.

The biggest test of his career and he failed miserably.
When the video came out it was embarrassing to all involved.And influenced decisions on other players moving forward.

But to say the botched decision was all on the Commish isn’t correct. The Ravens attempted to brush it under the rug. And at that time DV hadn’t taken center stage throughout the league.

It was that event that set new Personal Conduct Policy in full gear.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You always do that when you're getting cornered. All that talk about how you don't back away from a fight, etc. is just talk.

"Oh no, the thread is derailed." :rolleyes:
I think I’ve offered more than adequate responses to your questions in numerous pages. It certainly is a dead end discussion. Not sure why the need to continue.

This discussion has become more about our personal preferences than discussing the subject matter with Goodell. And why it’s been derailed .

If you want to further discuss Goodell and get back on topic then we can continue.