Goodell contemplating ending DirectTV's Sunday Ticket

lostar2009

Reaction score
To be honest it's a joke to have unless you want to watch other teams. I see over 2/3 of Cowboys games on TV. If it's local it will be block. I'm probably out of luck on 2 or 3 games a season.

JayFord

Reaction score
To be honest it's a joke to have unless you want to watch other teams. I see over 2/3 of Cowboys games on TV. If it's local it will be block. I'm probably out of luck on 2 or 3 games a season.

I didn’t get 1 cowboys game when I had it they all were blocked even the 1pm games we seldom get

ghst187

Reaction score
One day you’ll miss calling an 800 number to rent a Ppv movie on your television

Just like I miss rewinding and fast fwding the vhs hahaha.

I cut the cable cord for many years. Only got it once kids came along. Now the kids are old enough and I noticed they didnt EVER once go to the cable to see what was on, they only hit YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon. We go to a hotel and the tv never even gets turned on. They are the future and they already ditched cable.
So I ditched it again. This time I don’t expect to ever have it again.
Kids under 12 may or may not even know what a music cd is.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They should have NFL fan for your own team, with live games and Replay.
That's what I'm saying.

They can have the big all-game package and charge the $300 or so they are currently charging and then have a plan for 1 team somewhere around $150. Each team has an individual package you can purchase.

I'd probably pay $200 for it honestly.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm probably out of luck on 2 or 3 games a season.
In LA I used to get about 14 Cowboys game each year, which I'm sure is significantly less now with the Rams and Chargers.

Here in Arizona, the Cardinals and Cowboys tend to have the same game times so I get maybe 6 games all year. Tried sports bars the first year, that sucked. Had to go Sunday Ticket the last several years.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
I subscribe to the Sunday Ticket, but every Cowboys' regular season/play-off game was televised except for two. So basically it cost me roughly $100 a piece to watch those two un-televised regular season games.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Don't have DirecTV or cable. Live nowhere near Dallas. Saw every game last year and watched RedZone when the Cowboys weren't playing. Didn't pay a dime.

The wonders of the internet.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Accurate. I think the league needs to sell the streaming rights themselves and through various parters (YouTube TV, Sling, Fubo, PS Vue, etc) like every other league does.

Directv has been trash since acquired by AT&T
If AT&T is involved then I get my tin cans and string out. I know I'll have better results and won't be screwed side ways. I'll be glad when Jerry gets their logo off his little empire. But it could be worse and be Walmart.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Don't have DirecTV or cable. Live nowhere near Dallas. Saw every game last year and watched RedZone when the Cowboys weren't playing. Didn't pay a dime.

The wonders of the internet.

Apps that can stream to a firestick work great.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
LOL probably break it up into commercial (AT&T keep for Sport bars) and residential ( bringing Apple, Google, Facebook, etc for huge separate $$$$$$)

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Descript...FL-strongly-contemplating-ending-DirectTV-s-S
Roger Goodell, NFL strongly contemplating ending DirectTV’s Sunday Ticket
Mar
3/22/2019 6:23:25 PM
|More

On Friday, Commisioner Roger Goodell says he is looking into a streaming version of NFL Sunday Ticket and it sounds like the NFL might take advantage of an early opt-out of their contract with DIRECTV for NFL Sunday Ticket that runs through 2022, which would be just before the 2020 season, Darrelle Lincoln of Total Pro Sports reports.

The NFL is considering splitting up the rights to make games more widely available now that people don’t only watch at home.
Are you ... from ... the future?

kskboys

Reaction score
I hope they do. And they get more options for everyone.
Even though I get all the games. But if I ever decide to move back to Florida it would be nice to have options.

AT&T and DTV have really became bad and hard to do business with. Their customer reps are rude and will insult you.
And they keep going up and up and up and up and up.

kskboys

Reaction score
It would be......over 100+ used to come out of my account 4 times a year for the 1 year I had it just to watch the Browns, jags, jets, bills and bengals as if I care to watch them
They priced themselves out. I'd love to have it, but it's only worth maybe $150 or so to me. Not anywhere near worth $400.

Creeper

Reaction score
Finally! The Exclusive rights contract the NFL had with DirecTV never made sense to me. Why settle for one provider for your network when you can have several bid for it, probably resulting in more money for the NFL? Imagine ho much the NFL could make if they sold NFL Sunday Ticket to all the major cable providers as well as DirecTV. They could also live stream all the games on a pay-per-view basis. They need to do something. DirecTV does not work for everyone - I don;t have a clear line of sight to the HD satellites, for example - and, Sunday Ticket is ridiculously expensive. I want to cancel DirecTV and just stream the games, but DirecTV no longer allows this.