Goodell contemplating ending DirectTV's Sunday Ticket

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
DIRECT TV is straight up trash, I cancelled that years ago...……...for a couple of reasons

1. As others mentioned, the customer service is horrible. You have to wait forever in the que and when you do get a representative on the line they act like you are a moron and just dont know how to operate anything. They are rude insulting and almost never solve the problem you are having.

2. I live in Austin and half the dam time I got the message "game not available due to regional broadcast restrictions".

3. I dont like paying for trash games like Tennessee vs. Jacksonville. I mean, the fans of those teams dont even come out to see them because on TV, half the dam stadium is empty.

lockster

Reaction score
I hope they do. And they get more options for everyone.
Even though I get all the games. But if I ever decide to move back to Florida it would be nice to have options.

AT&T and DTV have really became bad and hard to do business with. Their customer reps are rude and will insult you.
ever since AT&T bought direct tv. Its gone to heck. They charge like they think its cocaine, or something they keep going up, they try to charge you for every little item. I'm going yo quit them as soon as I figure out how to get fox news because I live outside internet availability by cable. And the reps are getting mean, and their hours to help are like 9 to 5 5 days a week. Outside this ur sol. I think they just double charged me too. And if it late by an boycotting its like a 40 dollar fee. Hate these ppl. I put my system up by myself years ago when u could buy ur system from circuit city and they started making me pay rental only own equipment. I hope they go bankrupt.

lockster

Reaction score
What's does Hughes satellite television cost? Does it stream good? Anyone have it? Finding have internet where I live

Cebrin

Reaction score
They should. Streaming was just fantastic this last year. Redditt, nflstreams.

Let NFL Replay include the live games for your team. NFL Fan. Make it compelling for a fan to just buy a full package for his team, or we'll just be streaming.
Bingo.

cej757

Reaction score
The only thing that would suck about buying a 1 team package all season would be if your team is having a bad year and you're paying to watch a bad team. If your starting qb suffers a season ending injury or you have injuries to too many key players it would hurt shelling out that cash every month for an inferior team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They should have NFL fan for your own team, with live games and Replay.
I may be wrong, but I believe I remember talking to a fella from Canada that told me that they were able to buy "ala carte" NFL games.
Now maybe the guy was just talking sideways, or maybe he wasn't, doesn't matter, bottom line is that .. "Ala Carte".. that should be the wave of the future for viewing and purchasing.
They do it for boxing, if there is a big fight you pay for the fight, not a boxing package, maybe there is one I don't know, but what Im saying is there should be a viewers choice, we pay the bills, and we should have the ability to pick and choose which specific games we want to pay for,,, I could give two flips about a Jets Bills game, yet you are paying for that with the season ticket.
Cowboys vs Commanders.. I gladly pay 29.95 to view,, if this ala carte ever actually became relevant, I would pay that, but my fear would be 59.95 , and the greedy bastids wont get that from me.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good. If I wasn’t for NFL Sunday ticket I would have canceled directv years ago. Bill is outrageous compared to streaming. I call every year and they give me half off of the ticket because I am a long time customer but if they offered a team package I would buy that. Or stream my tv. NFL will likely come out with a app or something you can download. It has to be cheaper than buying the whole ticket. I can only watch one game at a time. Lol. It’s nice to be able to switch to a different game if one sucks. But not hundreds of dollars nice. Lol

Pants

Reaction score
1. Goodell is a buffoon (had to get that in there)
2. I am in NE Penna and last year, I think there were 2 or 3 games that were not on regular TV here
3. My friendly little "fixed up" firestick got me the rest of the way
4. Did I mention that Goodell is a jerk?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good. If I wasn’t for NFL Sunday ticket I would have canceled directv years ago. Bill is outrageous compared to streaming. I call every year and they give me half off of the ticket because I am a long time customer but if they offered a team package I would buy that. Or stream my tv. NFL will likely come out with a app or something you can download. It has to be cheaper than buying the whole ticket. I can only watch one game at a time. Lol. It’s nice to be able to switch to a different game if one sucks. But not hundreds of dollars nice. Lol

I had NFL ST from 1997 until 2012, even when I lived in DFW area. I stopped it in 2013, didn't want to, but they were so rude and insulting, I cancelled everything. All I wanted to do was go to ATT U-verse as I was out of state, so I could use NFL ST on my mobile devices, and family in my house could have a more reliable cable service. In 2015 u-verse was so screwed up I went back to DTV since ATT owned them now. And got it for free for 2 years. Then last 2 years they would not do a thing for me. Well they did finally give me $60 a month off my bill for a year. But now will just probably change to Spectrum. After this last time they insulted me when DTV was having issue, my boxes.

Fontaine

Reaction score
They should. Streaming was just fantastic this last year. Redditt, nflstreams.

Let NFL Replay include the live games for your team. NFL Fan. Make it compelling for a fan to just buy a full package for his team, or we'll just be streaming.

I agree, in Canada we have a package called DAZN we’re its $20 a month and you get all the NFL games (plus other sports). I cancelled it due to Reddit live streams being a better quality lol

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I just want a Dallas Cowboys (individual team) package. I don't need to see all of the games each week, but I do want to watch all 16 Cowboys' games every year, no matter where I live.

Give me this and I go straight Internet, no cable in my house. Cowboys games and the Walking Dead are the only times I watch cable.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
DIRECT TV is straight up trash, I cancelled that years ago...……...for a couple of reasons

1. As others mentioned, the customer service is horrible. You have to wait forever in the que and when you do get a representative on the line they act like you are a moron and just dont know how to operate anything. They are rude insulting and almost never solve the problem you are having.

2. I live in Austin and half the dam time I got the message "game not available due to regional broadcast restrictions".

3. I dont like paying for trash games like Tennessee vs. Jacksonville. I mean, the fans of those teams dont even come out to see them because on TV, half the dam stadium is empty.
ALL customer service is bad. We live in a world where there is no such thing as good customer service
As for #2 thats an NFL rule, cant blame DirectTv for that
For #3 that what all sports packages are. I agree its a shame we all have to do that but you cant single out DirectTV for that

all 3 complaints legit, yet none of these complaints means DTV is trash because none of them are specific to DirectTV

Hoofbite

Reaction score
“Contemplating” is probably a bit of an understatement. They’ve been broadcasting preseason games live for a bit now.

Seems only natural to expand the offering.

Too bad the price likely won’t be any better.