Goodell contemplating ending DirectTV's Sunday Ticket

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Hahahahhaa.. People actually still pay for NFL Ticket? lol... wow... There are other ways to get all the games. For a lot cheaper. Yes. I do pay some to watch all the games. But, nothing like the robbery that is Direct TV and the NFL charges.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
1. Goodell is a buffoon (had to get that in there)
2. I am in NE Penna and last year, I think there were 2 or 3 games that were not on regular TV here
3. My friendly little "fixed up" firestick got me the rest of the way
4. Did I mention that Goodell is a jerk?

Hey...NEIGHBOR!!!! I ALSO live in NE PA. Right in the smack dab middle of The Mistake on the Lake, the DIV II Buffalo Bills and that hole in the ground they call Crapsburgh. Nothing better than having the choice of watching the Bills play @ the Jets or Poopsburgh playing Cincinnati. We live in Football Paradise!!!! :lmao:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s all about priorities. Shoot , some of these people who complain about paying a couple hundred a month for all of the services Direct TV provides are blowing more than that on smoking cigs.

The Sports Cave effect I have you’d need 6 laptops streaming at the same time. That doesn’t include TV’s in our other rooms. I don’t have patience for that crap.

I understand if your a single television family attempting to streamline your expenses. Online provides you a cost effective alternative.

strongarmqb

Reaction score
STRONGARMQB...go check out Hulu,Roku,Sling tv. See if you like their programming and cost. I am really sure you will. if YOU have wifi like me, your smart TV and all your devices will detect it and you can watch on all your devices. My TV already has the roku device built in..so I didn't need to spend the 19.99 for the little roku device. SOMETIMES you get one for free when you sign up.
Thank you so much! I have been searching for a way to get rid of Directv for a long time. I just don’t wanna miss games. Now that I know I don’t have to miss games- I’m kicking them to the curb. I sincerely appreciate the help, guidance and advice

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I just want a Dallas Cowboys (individual team) package. I don't need to see all of the games each week, but I do want to watch all 16 Cowboys' games every year, no matter where I live.

You would think that the YES Network (New York Yankee Channel) has got to rub ole Jeruh the wrong way. If the Yankees can have their own channel, than why can't the Cowboys. I'm sure it's on his 'to do' list. In front of 'Find a legitimate starting DT' and behind 'Where shall I take my yacht this weekend?'.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Equal TV Revenue has been the benchmark to financial parity in the league. As a result we’ll never see individual teams establish their own networks or individual packages.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I just want a Dallas Cowboys (individual team) package. I don't need to see all of the games each week, but I do want to watch all 16 Cowboys' games every year, no matter where I live.

Day late and a dollar short on that one, unfortunately KitN. What you are describing is the Cowboy Network and unfortunately, that ship has already been sunk.

;)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Hahahahhaa.. People actually still pay for NFL Ticket? lol... wow... There are other ways to get all the games. For a lot cheaper. Yes. I do pay some to watch all the games. But, nothing like the robbery that is Direct TV and the NFL charges.

Some of us prefer legal means. And a lot of us pay less than zero for the ticket.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Some of us prefer legal means. And a lot of us pay less than zero for the ticket.
Legal..? Pay less than zero for it..? Yeah right

You're being robbed blind yet you assume I get them illegally.. Funny.. Go ahead and keep being ripped off while you are riding your high horse.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You can bet on whatever alternative Goodell comes up with will end up costing the fans more money.

Exactly, this is about leverage and the NFL leveraging DirectTV/ATT to pay more to the NFL. If the NFL was truly interested in moving on, they would just announce that they were taking the early out. They didn't do that. Goodell said that they were considering taking he option, which is code for, we want more money.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Day late and a dollar short on that one, unfortunately KitN. What you are describing is the Cowboy Network and unfortunately, that ship has already been sunk.

;)
I don't need a Cowboys Network (although I would love that) like the Longhorns or Yankees have.

What I'm talking about is a PPV package option for each individual NFL team.

So if the Sunday Ticket costs $350 for the whole thing, give us a single-team option for like $150.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Legal..? Pay less than zero for it..? Yeah right

You're being robbed blind yet you assume I get them illegally.. Funny.. Go ahead and keep being ripped off while you are riding your high horse.

Robbed blind?

I paid less than $35 a month from August 2017 to August 2018 for my entire Directv service, which included HBO, Sunday Ticket, and was not a bottom tier package.

What legal means are you using that are not through DirecTV?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Contrary to some of the testimony I’ve read here Direct TV has been an excellent provider I’ve used since my 12 ft Satellite became extinct in the 90’s.

And since AT&T took over having their Mobile TV ap which doesn’t use Data is simply fantastic. I can watch, record and view Direct TV anywhere on any of my devices.

Now that Direct TV allows additional Genies on one server I’m able to have multiple TV’s run on one receiver while watching different networks. I now have two receivers with 6 Genies. Truly magnificent!

And every couple years I complain about the price or their introductory offers and they comp me free services and or discounts to retain my service.

Watching TV and multiple sporting events or games is a priority in my life and household. Direct TV and now AT&T serves me well.

I’ve been using Satellite since the early 80’s when all of the Galaxy satellites were free with your own 12 ft mesh dish. And watching all of the games for most of the last 35 years sparing no expense for my sports enthusiasm at home. As usual companies figure out how to charge more for these services keeping up with technology. And I’m willing to pay.

I actually liked direct TV but it was costing me between 5 and 6 hundred bucks a month, seriously. I finally went to Firestick and now use the DirectTV app that is accessible. We have NFL Network for a fraction of the price, although, it is going up and they have said that it may be discontinued through our current offering. I suspect that this news might be part of the reason why. I don't like it nearly as much as I did DirectTV but then again, DirectTV is not as good as it once was either, with the introduction of ATT into the equation.

The only thing constant in life is change.......

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't need a Cowboys Network (although I would love that) like the Longhorns or Yankees have.

What I'm talking about is a PPV package option for each individual NFL team.

So if the Sunday Ticket costs $350 for the whole thing, give us a single-team option for like $150.

I understand, but I don't ever see that happening, to be honest. It undercuts all the leverage for these mega contracts that the league basically lives and dies on. If you offer that, the incentive for lucrative deals being offered to the NFL go out the window. People will still pay for DirectTV but they won't pay for the NFL Channel. They will pay a much smaller amount to watch specific games or teams. If you have a losing team, you probably don't buy much of anything but if you are forced to buy the channel for the season, like you are now, that revenue stream continues to flow in. This not only hurts DirectTV but it hurts the NFL too because players money starts drying up. This has a real detrimental effect to everybody and everything quit possibly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I actually liked direct TV but it was costing me between 5 and 6 hundred bucks a month, seriously. I finally went to Firestick and now use the DirectTV app that is accessible. We have NFL Network for a fraction of the price, although, it is going up and they have said that it may be discontinued through our current offering. I suspect that this news might be part of the reason why. I don't like it nearly as much as I did DirectTV but then again, DirectTV is not as good as it once was either, with the introduction of ATT into the equation.

Interesting . AT&T has enhanced my Direct TV experience. Maybe because they are my cell network as well?

My monthly Regular service is still under $200 a month as I pay for any additional services like NFL ticket in full.

I consider it my most enjoyable regular household expense.

JayFord

Reaction score

500 and 600 a month? What were you watching?