Goodell contemplating ending DirectTV's Sunday Ticket

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, you could not. Even if you streamed it all, you could not get it. Trust me, we looked into every kind of way possible.
not every single ball game..but who wants all the games? lol..maybe when I was much younger...but I guess I have different wants and priorities. Its not that important to me anymore to have all the bells and whistles. Its really overkill.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, you could not. Even if you streamed it all, you could not get it. Trust me, we looked into every kind of way possible.

And, I have friends in the industry. Was not going to happen.
I would say I lose out on about 10% of the channels I was getting with satellite..but so what..I didn't watch many of them anyway. My kids use their devices so it didn't make sense to pay for something they were already getting for next to nuthin on their devices.

Silly

Reaction score
$200.00 for a season is nothing. If you consider that too expensive to pay, then you have bigger issues in your life.

Hey, It is not just $200.

To get Direct TV you have to have a 2 year contract. If you are wanting Monday Night football you will be paying at least $120.00 month. Your direct Tv is going to cost you close to 3 grand. I quit direct tv because I did not want to spend 3 thousand dollars just to watch the NFL. All the other programing is crap. Who watches ancient aliens, housewives, and oprah? They barely even broadcast sports on ESPN any more. It is all talk shows.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The deal with DirecTV is about 10 years behind where the NFL should be. It should have switched to a more streamlined and accessible streaming service a long time ago.

Rayman70

Reaction score

To get sunday ticket you have to have a 2 year contract. If you are wanting Monday Night football you will be paying at least $120.00 month. Your direct Tv is going to cost you close to 3 grand. I quit direct tv because I did not want to spend 3 thousand dollars just to watch the NFL. All the other programing is crap. Who watches ancient aliens, housewives, and oprah? They barely even broadcast sports on ESPN any more. It is all talk shows.
^^^^THAT^^^^ ...Sums it up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The deal with DirecTV is about 10 years behind where the NFL should be. It should have switched to a more streamlined and accessible streaming service a long time ago.
I think we will see other satellite carries/providers emerge soon in this now robust economy. Its all about competition,value for the buck. Prices will begin to be driven way down. Remember when the Microwave oven was invented? It was like 500 bucks just to get lucky to find one. Now the market is flooded with them due to streamlining them and making them affordable. Demand for them. Same will happen with Satellite if they change their business model and gear it towards the average person.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
not every single ball game..but who wants all the games? lol..maybe when I was much younger...but I guess I have different wants and priorities. Its not that important to me anymore to have all the bells and whistles. Its really overkill.

How many kids you got? I have 4, not counting my Cousin's Boy, who is like my Son as well, at the time. So,

3 Cowboy Fans, 1 Bears Fan, 1 SF Fan and 1 Seattle Fan
2 Yankees Fans, 2 Cubs Fan, 1 Dodger Fan, 1 Rockies Fan
2 Lakers Fans, 1 GS Fan, 1 Bulls Fan, 1 Boston Fan, 1 Mavs Fan

And that's just the three majors. That doesn't include Hockey or whatever else. Also, all the premium Move Channels etc. Now, I could have said no, we aren't having all of that but I didn't want to. I never had any of that as a kid and I didn't want that for ours. So yeah, all of the games and all the rest. Was expensive but it's done now and I no longer have all that. Kinda goes back to what I was saying earlier. I get the feeling you weren't paying attention there?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I find it much easier to pay just one bill for sanity rather than keeping up with 10 different subscriptions. It also doesn't help that I am over 40 and this new tech stuff is tough to keep up with.

I do have a Firestick but if your internet connection isn't really fast, it is worthless. I can't stand ATT, so Comcast is my goto with the NFL app on my XBOX for games.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I find it much easier to pay just one bill for sanity rather than keeping up with 10 different subscriptions. It also doesn't help that I am over 40 and this new tech stuff is tough to keep up with.

I do have a Firestick but if your internet connection isn't really fast, it is worthless. I can't stand ATT, so Comcast is my goto with the NFL app on my XBOX for games.

I would use Comcast as well but they are not an option were I live. Sucks.

Pants

Reaction score
Hey...NEIGHBOR!!!! I ALSO live in NE PA. Right in the smack dab middle of The Mistake on the Lake, the DIV II Buffalo Bills and that hole in the ground they call Crapsburgh. Nothing better than having the choice of watching the Bills play @ the Jets or Poopsburgh playing Cincinnati. We live in Football Paradise!!!! :lmao:

yes, CBS is unwatchable other than when Romo is doing the game

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
yes, CBS is unwatchable other than when Romo is doing the game

That's funny. I was trying to tune in CBS this weekend, to watch the Tourney and the channel wasn't there. I could only get it by watching CBS Prime. That was weird.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

To get Direct TV you have to have a 2 year contract. If you are wanting Monday Night football you will be paying at least $120.00 month. Your direct Tv is going to cost you close to 3 grand. I quit direct tv because I did not want to spend 3 thousand dollars just to watch the NFL. All the other programing is crap. Who watches ancient aliens, housewives, and oprah? They barely even broadcast sports on ESPN any more. It is all talk shows.

I pay 200/month for cable up here and then add Sunday Ticket and Centre Ice for about another 200 each.

Sunday Ticket is not the problem, it is your DirecTV.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
My guess was Amazon’s prime getting involved with streaming live games

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Good! Nfl Sunday ticket sucks

I live 500+ miles from Dallas and they told me “Dallas is a regional broadcast so we can’t show it in your area”

So they showed it on your local station?