Gotta Give DAT his props.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
http://img462.*************/img462/5679/dat25yl.jpg

A little better one. You can see the half-cut sleeves that Dat had on.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Yep it was Dat, good instinctive play....
But he SUCKED almost all game...ie Mr. Pancake...He whiffed on the TD to Westbrook and then ran away from McChunky soup on his TD for some very strange reason...

He talked about retiring...He should...

...if you watch the replay of McNabb's pass Dat's assignment is the TE Lewis. He couldn't well leave his first assignment or he would have abandoned his zone and allowed Donovan to throw for the TD. It was a rock and a hard place and not his fault.

As for sucking the whole game let's be careful here about GLOBAL statements. There was alot of players who sucked big time on this new 3-4 defence. Ferguson, Glover, Canty, Spears and our media darling Ware. Quite frankly they just didn't get the job done.

I haven't responded much to your posts, but I think it would be more judicious to approach this team with a larger picture approach. From my view of the TV screeen there was an entire Dallas Cowboys team that just about threw this game away from the start of the second quarter.

If not for the fatal error by Brown and McNabb we wouldn't be having this conversation about Dat.

You could easily pin this one on Bledsoe and his errant flip pass and the two misses he had on Glenn. First in the second quarter when Glenn was open, but he tossed the floating "kite" that fell short and the one to start the fourth quarter where he missed Glenn who had gotten behind double coverage.

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
I was so glad to see Dat in there...James and Shanle had a really rough start...when Dat came in, it really stablized the D.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Dat's veteran play won this game, and Shanle had about as bad a game as a LB can have.

Shanle was awful tonight.

sillycon

Reaction score
other than the shovel call, I thought ALL the lb'ers didn't play well though...

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Dat's veteran play won this game, and Shanle had about as bad a game as a LB can have.

Shanle was awful tonight.

Shanle? Bad game? But.....But..... He's bigger and he doesn't hide. [sarcasm off]

Shanle is what he is. He won't be starting next year.

parchy

Reaction score
Dat's 'Shovel, shovel' call was brilliant. He had that one sniffed out before it happened.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
sillycon said:
other than the shovel call, I thought ALL the lb'ers didn't play well though...

I tend to agree with you. Pretty miserable performance from everyone. DL didn't do too great either. Run defense was lousy.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Poor Nors- its going to be fun to see what he has to say about this.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
VACowboy said:
Is it ok if I throw in a Bobby Carpenter pitch here? :)

Absolutely. Feel free to throw them out whenever you feel like it.

Woods

Reaction score
I thought Burnett played better. He had a couple of good plays. Well, at least he got on the stat sheet!

thewivil

Reaction score
Not many Cowboys had a good game. Other than Terry Glenn and a few others, most Cowboys didn't seem like they were ready.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shanle reminds of the big, stupid kid.

Welcome back to the starting lineup Dat!

Hoov

Reaction score
I thought the LB's looked clueless, letting eagles rb's repeatedly bounce outside for big gains.

Thought D Linemen looked slow and took bad angles chasing McNabb allowing him to turn sacks into first downs by rolling out and flipping it to TE of RB.

The Defense looked flat and unprepared, like they forgot who they were playing, or like they prepared for a completely different team. Guess Parcells wasnt blowing smoke when he said the team's practice was slow earlier this week.

Keyshawn had a good game. Run blocking was horrible. Bledsoe was pressured all game but give credit, he did hang in there and didnt get rattled, waited for his opportunity.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I don't think any of them played well. In Shanle's defense, he has stepped up and played well this year. One bad game doesn't define a player. If thats the case, we better all start bashing Ware and Fujita as well.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
junk said:
Like I said earlier, I don't think any of them played well. In Shanle's defense, he has stepped up and played well this year. One bad game doesn't define a player. If thats the case, we better all start bashing Ware and Fujita as well.

I think we should go back to bashing the defensive coordinator...that was a horrendous game plan...then bad play calling, then total lack of making any positive adjustments to slow them down...

David

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors and Hollywood Henderson seem to think it's all about size... Brain's have a lot to do with it to.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Nors and Hollywood Henderson seem to think it's all about size... Brain's have a lot to do with it to.

so does talent, or lack thereof

David