Grade time (Day 1)

wood28

Reaction score
Dont like 1st pick in backup or half role Rb that pissme off .... i say B

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
superpunk;2055207 said:
I'm gonna go ahead and knee-jerk on the fact that we just traded away a TE that we drafted in the second round for a fourth round pick, only to draft another TE in this year's second round, and say this is a resounding

http://i193.***BLOCKED***/albums/z261/pakuorg/fail.jpg

What the heck is that tat on your arm?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
With the info we have, and the moves we made leading up to the draft, I'm going to go C+, here to a better Day 2.

Of course, grading drafts the day of is pretty silly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cnhnyy;2055172 said:
C+ at best.

We passed the best RB in the draft, wasted a No.5 to trade up two spots (Why jerry does this every draft), and wasted a high pick on a backup TE.
The best running back in this draft is on his way to Oakland.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
utrunner07;2055151 said:
lol, I wish you were my professor...

C-, with Jenkins the only thing keeping Jerry above an F.

Well if that was the case, I would give the response above a D.

You guys have to understand what type of team we have these days. We are very deep at alot of positions. So the moves today should not surprise you.

1st - At first, I was pretty upset at the passing of Mendenhall for Felix, but after looking at it more, I'm very pleased. If we would have went w/ Jenkins first, we wouldn't have gotten Jones. Two backs went right after we picked. Jones was a good pick for what we need on this team.

2nd - Jenkins - great move. We lost a 5th and 7th to get him. BIG DEAL. Do you really think those players would have made this squad?

3rd - Bennett - this one is where the depth of this team comes into effect. Ok, so we traded away our 2nd round TE from 06 and Akin, who frankly didn't have a place on this team, and would have prob. been released. Fasano didn't fit here either. He simply didn't have a place on Garrett's offensive plans. Bennett is extremley athletic and is going to look great in the offense. Also, our other need, WR - we would have been reaching for a player that likely would not even beat out Hurd on the team now.

So basically, we have our comp. back to Barber. As well as a great KO return guy. We have our depth at CB, for the cost of two players that would have been practice squad at best. And finally, we've upgraded our TE position that will add another weapon to stretch the field. Something that really hurt us vs. the Giants in the playoff game.

Explain how that is a C-

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Nav22;2055203 said:
Any position we take would be a backup!!! What don't you people understand about that!?

We would've been screwed at TE if Witten went down (Fasano/Curtis would not have been good enough), and Bennett is said to be the most complete TE in the draft.

TE is a VERY important position for our offense, so depth at that spot is important.

I don't understand the outrage at this pick, I really don't.

Very well stated and very accurate. People are *****ing about drafting a RB and a TE that will be backups. Just what WR could we have drafted at this point that wouldn't be a backup? Hell, there isn't a position in this draft that we could have realistically taken with our picks that would have produced a starter this year. We are in the enviable position of drafting for depth and for the future and we just did that. Some of you guys just don't have a clue.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
superpunk;2055254 said:
I don't know. Your daughter told me it would let everyone know that I "had her flower".

Whatever that means/

Nice. :rolleyes:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
D+

Looks to me that Jerry Jones didn't think Mendenhall would ever fall to them and probably didn't have any contact with him. In fear of taking a RB that they didn't know, they went with Felix. I don't hate Felix, but it looks to me that Jerry didn't work out all possible scenarios. Not only that, Dallas could have drafted Jenkins at #22 and gotten Felix at #28. I don't really understand Martellus Bennett in round 2 after we just drafted Fasano 2 years ago.

The thing is that this could wind up being a good draft a few years from now because of the talents of Felix and Jenkins. But you always want to maximize your decisions if you can. Regardless of playing monday morning QB, Jerry didn't do that here.

YAKUZA

MONT17

Reaction score
C+ Drafting Backups again...

I would have picked Mendenhal! Barbers running style in the NFC East is not a good mix... Felix is a 15 carry RB. I think Mendenhals fall spooked Jerry or the scouting staff couldnt convince him to pull the triger! Ala the Ware over Spears draft.

Jenkins is a nice pick with or without Pac Man. If he can win a starting job and or force Henry to FS this grade will be a B+.

Bennett has a Big Body and if he can become a consistant Red Zone threat he will have more value... From his highlights it looks like he catches really tries to catch with his hands!

CPonder14

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2055266 said:
D+

Looks to me that Jerry Jones didn't think Mendenhall would ever fall to them and probably didn't have any contact with him. In fear of taking a RB that they didn't know, they went with Felix. I don't hate Felix, but it looks to me that Jerry didn't work out all possible scenarios. Not only that, Dallas could have drafted Jenkins at #22 and gotten Felix at #28. I don't really understand Martellus Bennett in round 2 after we just drafted Fasano 2 years ago.

The thing is that this could wind up being a good draft a few years from now because of the talents of Felix and Jenkins. But you always want to maximize your decisions if you can. Regardless of playing monday morning QB, Jerry didn't do that here.

YAKUZA

And how do you know the 2 teams picking after us dont take Felix? because they both took runningbacks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yakuza Rich;2055266 said:
D+

YAKUZA
:insane: @ bold

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
This years draft class was WEAK! I am not sure if this was the Saturday, delayed start, or poor ESPN commercial-laden coverage but this draft felt like a boring.

Overall grade B-

The reviews are in for the 2006 draft, the official final grade is a D-