Graham Barton or Tyler Guyton and a 3rd round pick?

Which is better value?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Tyler Guyton and a 3rd this year better than Graham Barton and a 7th next year?

Which would you have done?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is Tyler Guyton and a 3rd this year better than Graham Barton and a 7th next year?

That 3rd is pretty high. 9th in the round I believe. That's a real good.

Barton is much more of a lock to have a strong, but if you Guyton comes close to maxing out he is the more valuable player

All in all, with how this team is constructed, I take the risk which could be potentially be a significantly more valuable package.

If we were a player or two away, I take the lock in Barton

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
The pick is growing on me, especially with the addition of the 9th pick in the 3rd round.

Having Smith on his left will help him so much, so I think this is a huge win.

What they do now is very important.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I would have done JPJ, Frazier or Newton and a third. But that wasn't the question, I guess.

Given the two options, I'd probably go with what we did just because of the third-round pick giving us another "premium" pick. Another chance of finding a starter and we did it without trading out of the first round.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What if use the 3rd with our other 3rd to take JPJ?
so Guyton and JPJ for our 1st and 3rd

and we still have our 2nd

Knotamus

Reaction score
Honestly, I always lean toward more picks..

It really depends on how seriously they think Hoffman and/or Bass can fill in at Center.

They say the OL coach loves Hoffman. So if we are going to trust that statement.. then grabbing a future LT and an extra quality 3rd pick is Awesome!

Any other year.. folks would be raving about this scenario. A lot of people are convinced that Barton is “Zach Martin” type. I don’t know about that. I do know, Finding a future LT is more important than Center… exp after letting your future HOF LT walk.