Graham Barton or Tyler Guyton and a 3rd round pick?

Which is better value?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Barton would have been the safe, day 1 starter pick, but with all the holes on the team right now, that early 3rd rounder looks good. I'm not convinced Guyton starts at LT day 1. It'll come down to whether we draft a C and if Bass is a better G than Steele is a RT.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The 3rd rd pick is the only reason I didn't jump out my window last night. If they took guyton over barton at 24 I woulda went crazy

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So...what, exactly? We should top trying to collect multiple third round picks? C'mon, man.
Im being honest. Right now you think the Cowboys “won” by trading back and taking a lesser player + an additional draft pick.

The last high impact 3rd rounder the Cowboys picked was Gallup in 2018.

Mcgovern, Gallimore, Osa, Ghoulston, Nashon, Tolbert are all Jags.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Im being honest. Right now you think the Cowboys “won” by trading back and taking a lesser player + an additional draft pick.

The last high impact 3rd rounder the Cowboys picked was Gallup in 2018.

Mcgovern, Gallimore, Osa, Ghoulston, Nashon, Tolbert are all Jags.
I guess I'm not sure that Guyton is the lesser player. He's less ready. His upside exceeds Barton's given the position he plays. I think most had them roughly in the same tier of prospect, all things considered.

The extra pick at 73 allows us not to force the pick at 56 looking for a RB, among other benefits.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Is Tyler Guyton and a 3rd this year better than Graham Barton and a 7th next year?

Which would you have done?
I know it's not answering the question, but I think the FO wanted Guyton and traded down as opposed to reaching past Barton.

If Barton was there again...they may have traded down again with Carolina

I'm fine with it, I think they can grab a starting center later in the draft and the extra third will really help

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I think Dallas did the right thing here. A high 3rd round pick is a dream for us. We can basically fill our most glaring holes, OT, C, RB and LB all with premium picks now. Detroit vastly overpaid but I also get it from their perspective because they are pretty close but had a huge need at CB and were able to get a top player with the 24. This was a killer trade and it honestly could salvage the whole off-season pending on who they pick obviously. I feel oddly confident they will get it right…

jaybird

Reaction score
Barton is the more plug-and-play guy. But I like Guyton’s potential, and the extra third gives us options. If Guyton turns into a good OT, getting him where we did would be a steal.

Guyton and the 3rd.
only if Guyton’s a stud
still like the sure thing at a position of need.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I guess I'm not sure that Guyton is the lesser player. He's less ready. His upside exceeds Barton's given the position he plays. I think most had them roughly in the same tier of prospect, all things considered.

The extra pick at 73 allows us not to force the pick at 56 looking for a RB, among other benefits.
Its all speculation as of now. Most had Barton ranked higher.

We have somebody already on the roster that we know can play LT at a high-level.

Smith-Bass-Barton-Martin-Steele looks a lot better than

Guyton-Smith-Hoffman-Martin-Steele

Chasing6

Reaction score
Is Tyler Guyton and a 3rd this year better than Graham Barton and a 7th next year?

Hopefully Guyton/JPJ or Guyton/Frazier.

I would even trade back up if we need to get one of them.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
A high 3rd round pick is a dream for us. We can basically fill our most glaring holes, OT, C, RB and LB all with premium picks now.
Overshown, Jalen Tolbert, OSA, Chauncey Gholston, Nahshon Wright, Neville Gallimore, Connor McGovern, Michael Gallup, Malik Collins, Chaz Green

That's the last decade of 3rd round picks for this team. Some solid picks in there, but overall the 3rd round is not where you should be banking on filling holes and I would not call the 3rd round "premium" for that reason

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I can see Guyton developing into a Flozell Adam’s type at LT, the guy is what 20 years old? with that size and athleticism, you can’t ask for more to try and develop.

it doesn’t matter who we take in the third.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Do not be shocked if we trade back again with the 56th pick. Maybe back to 61. Im a fan of this. We can get 2 more picks.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think you have to wait and see who they draft with that 3rd round pick first.

Then you compare Guyton PLUS that player against drafting Barton.

My only concern when the Cowboys trade back to gain more picks is they have a history of viewing those new picks as "free option" picks, meaning they can take chances on asterisk players