Graham Barton or Tyler Guyton and a 3rd round pick?

Which is better value?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Guyton and the 3rd. I actually think the Cowboys thought Barton would fall to them but Tampa surprised them.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I like Guyton's upside and adding pick 73 could be huge if they can make it count.

Ken

Reaction score
Barton would have been my pick, I think the C position is very undervalued in todays game.

I'm OK with Guyton, hes a solid end of the 1st talent, but I think Barton is a legitimate top 20 talent who is a plug and play starter that fell in our lap
Where does this "best center in the draft" and "plug and Play" come from with Barton?
He played 5 games at center in 2020. LT ever since. His body ype is G or C.

I am sure he is going to be a nice player, just confused as to how he is better than JPJ or Frasier at C.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Guyton and a 3 are good value, but Dallas needs 2 starting Olineman before this year. Barton is a better asset in that regard.

However, if they pick up an iOL today and then sign a LT with starting experience in June/July in case Guyton isn’t NFL ready week 1, then my opinion would flip.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I think you have to wait and see who they draft with that 3rd round pick first.

Then you compare Guyton PLUS that player against drafting Barton.

My only concern when the Cowboys trade back to gain more picks is they have a history of viewing those new picks as "free option" picks, meaning they can take chances on asterisk players

The irony is Jerry does not get held accountable-no matter if he’s playing with house money or his own. Cause they’re the same thing in his case.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Guyton and a 3 are good value, but Dallas needs 2 starting Olineman before this year. Barton is a better asset in that regard.

However, if they pick up an iOL today and then sign a LT with starting experience in June/July in case Guyton isn’t NFL ready week 1, then my opinion would flip.
They have an LT with starting experience. His name is Tyler Smith.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Love the trade back but Guyton is closer to bust than all pro.
Don't agree. Per his NFL draft profile, he has the measurables you want - size, strength, foot movement, etc. He does have some technique issues but what no. 29 pick doesn't? Even Tyron Smith didn't make the Pro Bowl until his 3rd year.

I'd put him more likely to be All Pro....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Smith moves over to LT, what does Guyton play?
The only way Smith moves to LT is if Guyton isn't ready to handle it. If he's not ready to handle it, then he plays swing tackle. Bass would be the starting LG and Smith would be the starting LT. The other option would be Richards at LT and keeping Smith at LG. But there are options if Guyton isn't ready to go.

As I've said before, I'm more concerned about C, where there currently are no options if Hoffman fails. If we get someone today like Frazier or JPJ or Puni, that increases the options for that whole group on the left side.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Don't agree. Per his NFL draft profile, he has the measurables you want - size, strength, foot movement, etc. He does have some technique issues but what no. 29 pick doesn't? Even Tyron Smith didn't make the Pro Bowl until his 3rd year.

I'd put him more likely to be All Pro....
The technique issues he has arent compareable to other picks. He is very raw and seems to be a mental midget. He is more of a project. You dont draft such players with your first rounder .especially if you are in need of so many players.

We already invested high in a LT 2 years ago. You now have to degrade one to guard. Guard is the least important position on the OL. You can draft those in the third round. No need to invest so many resources in that position.

That is just bad drafting not being able to find our future LT with one premium pick.