Graziano - the Cowboys may not end up extending Dak Prescott

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is CORRECT!
Before this is over you will see a Prescott that will become down right NASTY and use every PR theme including the most loveable "HATE" issue as he sees his future without a Star on his helmet.
The dream is over Fraudo you have more than enough chances to prove yourself.................you failed!
What leads tho to believe that’s how he’ll respond? It just has not been in his history.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I still think the most likely scenario is an extension
I was thinking the same thing until Jerry's interview. It is the first time we heard a direct statement from Jerry signaling Dak's extension may not happen. For him to make such a public statement tells me he's frustrated with negotiation and is reaching a point of no return. His tone toward Dak now is quite different from the current contract.........here a statement regarding the current contract. Now listen to his comments from the interview this past week. Hell, even went out of his way to credit MM for a large part of Dak's success this season.

“I don’t want to get into the details, but we have offered him significant money,” Jones told Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “The money we have offered Dak no matter how you look at it would put him as a top five quarterback in the NFL. That is the way we feel about him. He is one of the best.”

Couple of things I'm keeping an eye on
*** I think the unexpected surplus of cap money shifted the leverage in Jerry's favor bit. In other words, he feels better about putting together a team w/o extending Dak with the extra cap.
*** I don't Dak and France have any intention of playing this season under the current contract. I think they will ask for a trade before the draft if an agreement isn't reached.

**** I'm throwing this out there a bit, but IF we lose Dak, keep an eye on Russell Wilson. He released a statement that he's willing to sign a one-year contract with another team for only $1.5M as long as he's the starter.( Remember his 2024 salary is G'teed by the Broncos) He making it easier for another team to sign him and sticking the Broncos with the bill (lol).

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak is like the average Joe who won the power ball lottery.
He got the bag and we got NADA.
Well, there's always the .................HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............Or the Dak dance.
Ciao DAKTRASH and wait till he becomes a FA and the offers he gets.............LOL........just wait.
There's a lot of teams that may be eventually willing to pay Dak stupid money, depending on how this years draft plays out. 1/3 of the league is always QB desperate.

Washington
Tenn
Arizona
Carolina
Pittsburgh
NY Jets/Giants
Las Vegas
NO
NE
Minnesota (if they lose Cousins)
Tampa

Better them than us at this point.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why would he hold out? No extension, he’ll play or he won ‘t get paid. As in zero. He’ll honor his contract, play the season, and become a free agent. I think he probably considers that his second best option. The best option being the Cowboys sign him to an extension of $55 to $60 million AAV. It’s exclusively what Jerry Jones wants to do. Dak is obligated for the next 12 months. He has no choice right now.
He could pull a Martin. Take all the 1st team reps. Let them cut Rush and move up Trance to back up QB. Then hold out before the season starts.

Call GM Jeruh's bluff and force them to start Trance.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What's cool is when Dak leaves next year, the Cowboys still have a $36.46M dead money on the 2025 salary cap AND the team will not recieve a compensatory pick for him.

Stephen Jones is killing it! He has this contract negotiating thing down.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im fine not extending Dak but make him take the hit. Dont add voidable years so the next QBs team is saddled with 55 million cap charge
Sorry just don't buy into the goodie PR BS of his as when it gets hot he has shown his true colors.

Dez: Do I have to throw the Ball at his facemask?
Coop: GONE..............Right, Kirk?
Ref Niners game: Threw the refs under the bus after he laid another playoff egg.
PANAMA: Have you ever taken a beating like that? There is a reason he did...........

He's an imposter who tries to compensate his lack of football skills with great PR.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fivetwos

Reaction score
Doubt Todd France is worried.

Jerry can say all he wants but they hold all the cards if he isn’t committed to a full rebuild, which he certainly is not, and isn’t fooling the dumbest of us.

France probably told his receptionist if the first digit isn’t a six with most of it guaranteed don’t even put him through.

What are Jerry and kid gonna do about that? Trey Lance? Funny.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry just don't buy into the goodie PR BS of his as when it gets hot he has shown his true colors.

Dez: Do I have to throw the Ball at his facemask?
Coop: GONE..............Right, Kirk?
Ref Niners game: Threw the refs under the bus after he laid another playoff egg.
PANAMA: Have you ever taken a beating like that? There is a reason he did...........

He's an imposter who tries to compensate his lack of football skills with great PR.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I can't believe we still have people trying to say he's this "good guy".

I thought for sure that after he literally promoted violence against refs the "good guy" act was officially saw through by fans.

I guess not though.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think the FO should make Dak play out his contract…why extend him when it’s clear he is unable to play at a high level when the light is brightest. This also gives the Jones’ boys another year to come up with a succession plan: whether it is with TL or some other QB…at the very least make Dak compete for his job; thus far he has never had to, the job fell in his lap due to Romo’s injury so he never really earned it. While he played well that was a function of having a great team: a top o-line, a RB in his prime and a HOF tight end. Dak makes his rep feasting off of inferior teams. I’m interested to see how he plays with a more difficult schedule for winning their division.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He could pull a Martin. Take all the 1st team reps. Let them cut Rush and move up Trance to back up QB. Then hold out before the season starts.

Call GM Jeruh's bluff and force them to start Trance.
Martin wasn’t saying goodbye to $29 million. Dak saying “Let’s go” is calling Jerry’s bluff. Imagine Dak as a lame duck starting quarterback playing for a lame duck head coach and a lame duck coaching staff. Brilliant management of an NFL franchise.

Kwyn

Reaction score
What's cool is when Dak leaves next year, the Cowboys still have a $36.46M dead money on the 2025 salary cap AND the team will not recieve a compensatory pick for him.

Stephen Jones is killing it! He has this contract negotiating thing down.
So, what exactly are you recommending?