Graziano - the Cowboys may not end up extending Dak Prescott

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
People on this board make it sound like it's EZ to find a franchise QB. Most of these teams have been looking for years. They'll draft too low to get a good QB in the draft and no FA is better than DAk...
WASH
TB
PITTS
TENN
NE
NYG
DEN
CAR
CHI
RAIDERS
SAINTS

Remember :
Quincy Carter
Chad Hutchinson
Vinny Testaverde
Matt Cassell
Jon Kitna
Yea, so let's use fear of failure keep us from ever trying. Great strategy. Stay going nowhere for fear that you will go nowhere.

Plankton

Reaction score
He could pull a Martin. Take all the 1st team reps. Let them cut Rush and move up Trance to back up QB. Then hold out before the season starts.

Call GM Jeruh's bluff and force them to start Trance.
That's not a valid strategy. Being that Prescott would have reported to training camp and is already under contract, the Cowboys can hit him with a five day letter, which requires him to be back with the team within that span, or he is forced to sit out the entire season without pay (the Cowboys would get weekly cap relief for his base salary in this case). And, his contact will toll, meaning he still owes the Cowboys a season. There's zero chance of what you are suggesting happening.

stiletto

Reaction score
Hilarious to see how a 2nd team all pro and 2nd in MVP is beign treated in Dallas. Our fans are morons.
How many years do you want to go knowing that you have a terrible playoff QB? Sure, it's great to make it to the playoffs. Dak can bully lesser teams all year. No problem, but at some point you gotta move on when you have a complete sample size. He's not getting any younger or more spritely either..not to mention VERY expensive. He's being paid like a playoff winner. He's not and never will be. He's had more chances than most QB's get.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m not sold that this is Mikes last season. I think his future rests on how well he can keep this mess together while still trying to develop the younger guy. How that success would look is anyone’s guess.
He is not focused on developing a younger QB.
He is focused on winning games.

He is not a QB coach.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jerry’s got everyone sucking again. Bill Parcells called it. The Cowboys will be leading off every talk show again with should they sign Dak or not.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully Lance is looking good in the shower because he just might get his chance sooner than some think.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Lol! I see the crew that gave you likes. The gang is back together! Kumbaya!! It's heart warming
Is he really wrong though, Coach? At what point do you take things in a different direction? We’re not talking about a guy who is in year 4 and 25 years old. We’ve gone through coaches, schemes, wr’s, rb’s and it’s been the same. I don’t think it changes in year 9, do you?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Agreed. It absolutely blows my mind that the cowboys get judged more by the bad players they didn’t take than the good players they did select.
Like, if you don’t select the top player in your board at each position you luck into them? It’s absurd.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many years do you want to go knowing that you have a terrible playoff QB? Sure, it's great to make it to the playoffs. Dak can bully lesser teams all year. No problem, but at some point you gotta move on when you have a complete sample size. He's not getting any younger or more spritely either..not to mention VERY expensive. He's being paid like a playoff winner. He's not and never will be. He's had more chances than most QB's get.
Another yahoo who thinks all loses are all Dak's fault and nobody else's. Doesn't matter that we're playing 218lb linebackers and can't stop the run and it doesn't matter that they had their #1 RB coming off of leg injury who had no burst and no blocking so couldn't run the ball. Damn it Dak, get your *** on defense and stop the fricken run you loser!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Another yahoo who thinks all loses are all Dak's fault and nobody else's. Doesn't matter that we're playing 218lb linebackers and can't stop the run and it doesn't matter that they had their #1 RB coming off of leg injury who had no burst and no blocking so couldn't run the ball. Damn it Dak, get your *** on defense and stop the fricken run you loser!
You can't use facts to argue with their feelings.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is he really wrong though, Coach? At what point do you take things in a different direction? We’re not talking about a guy who is in year 4 and 25 years old. We’ve gone through coaches, schemes, wr’s, rb’s and it’s been the same. I don’t think it changes in year 9, do you?
I don't care if he's right or wrong anymore, his hate is so deep that he has blinders on. I don't even read most of what he posts, because I already know where he's gonna go with it. He comes on here last week and says the Texans are his team now, so why is he here....just to stir the pot. That's why.

Last edited: