Graziano - the Cowboys may not end up extending Dak Prescott

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If people are paying attention GM Jeruh offered top 5 QB extension. So far Dak and his agent have turned it down.

Does that sound like GM Jeruh playing hard ball or Dak and his Agent playing hard ball?

Does that sound like a desperate Dak?
I must of missed that piece of news.
Please post your source interested in reading it.
P.S. Is it from the Dak-Attack report? :muttley:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If people are paying attention GM Jeruh offered top 5 QB extension. So far Dak and his agent have turned it down.

Does that sound like GM Jeruh playing hard ball or Dak and his Agent playing hard ball?

Does that sound like a desperate Dak?
Dak fans taking news from 2020 and making it new again hahahahahahaha

fivetwos

Reaction score
Only two options for GM Jeruh, go all in with Dak or rebuild for next 2+ years.
Yeah honestly I wouldn’t pack it in right now either, but they are likely to eventually find that the last few years were their best shot in a while and blew it….all because they figured cap problems wouldn’t arise if they didn’t go wild with free agents. Yet here come the cap problems.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This would be the ideal situation. Dak has shown who he is. A good QB, but not a great QB that is going to get you over the top. I know it's very tough to find a starting QB in this league, but I would much rather watch the Cowboys try to find the talent for the QB position rather than keep riding with Dak. We know what we got in him. Who knows? Maybe we luck out and find the next Joe Burrow? I suppose you would have to draft high for that, and this FO has shown not to do that, but life is unpredictable.

stiletto

Reaction score
I'd prefer to have competent decion makers finding the next QB.

"the unknown" gets you 28 years of this.
It's pretty terrifying to think of the Joneses looking for another QB without lucking into one. We've seen that movie before.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Dak will not sign an extension this year then if I am Jerry, I make him a June 1 cut and let him go. No chance I am going to let him take me into the last year of his deal with all the leverage he has. What that would show me is Dak is not interested in winning, he is interested in taking as much money out of Dallas as he can squeeze out. I say let him do that elsewhere is that is what his goal is. I always believed players should do what is best for themselves, but so should teams.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You want to extend Dak for another three years and 180m

That’s fine but there’s lots of fans who don’t agree with you.
If the Cowboys aren’t going to extend him, he’s not part of their future plans, move on now. It’s the not having a plan that upsets fans.

CWR

Reaction score
I still think the most likely scenario is an extension but I’m far from the crowd that assumes this is automatically going to happen. Jerry does have options.
It's not about options imo. This is just what Jerry does. He is content with "good enough." He doesn't need to see results in the playoffs. If he had a guy who can allow the team to stay "relevant" from a $$$$ perspective he will ride him until the wheels come off.

Why else would Jerry be so resistant to change? I'm not talking about Dak alone. I'm talking about how we stretch out these coaches over and over again. Just get us close, keep us in the conversation and keep rolling in dough.

LysleE

Reaction score
What is another year going to do after the last 28?
Absolutely nothing…this franchise is mired in mediocrity, so with that said, what difference will another wasted year matter? It is a moot point because ownership will never do the things necessary to effect change…because they either don’t want to, or don’t know how to.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For real, dude has zero leverage if Jerry wants to play hard ball. Not really sure how he got the other contract, unless Jason Garrett gave Dak the pictures that allowed him to coach for over 10 years..
“Dude” has all the leverage. He also has an agent that took Jerry to the cleaners once and will enhance his reputation among his peer$ by doing it again. Right now the Cowboys need Dak more than Dak needs the Cowboys. That’s why he’s their highest paid player. And he’ll simply be some other teams highest paid player as soon as he’s gone. Either way, Dak will be OK. It would be exciting to see what the Cowboys do at QB without him.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Letting Dak walk next year would signal to me this team is serious about rebuilding for the first time this century. It would be a welcome change, even if it would require stomaching some rough times short-term

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry needs the additional negative PR his disastrous upcoming season will bring.
LT gone, C who knows, and who's our HB by the way?
He is setting him up as when he goes bye bye only A/C and a handful of CZ members will scream FOUL!!!
Jerry is showing Dak that if you want to control our CAP and try and control this franchise then here you go Dak, umm I still kinda love you... Jerry

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Why would not extending Dork make for things getting "dark"???
The Church of Dak likes to paint the picture that without their messiah the Cowboys will never have a winning season, it will be forever dark clouds and rain after that.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Hilarious to see how a 2nd team all pro and 2nd in MVP is beign treated in Dallas. Our fans are morons.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is a piece of me that would welcome NOT extending Dak.... and not because I believe he is a poor QB (he isn't).

Rather, I just can't come to grips with the thought of paying him $50+ million per year. Now, if he had led us to multiple NFC championship games or even the SB, I might feel different.