Green Bay has the model for Dak

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I do think that this would be a significant win, and will be difficult to achieve. The Cowboys, historically, have not played well in Green Bay.

That doesn't have much to do with this year, but Green Bay is a tough place to play. It will be even tougher considering that the crowd will be amped up as Brett Favre is getting his Hall of Fame ring at halftime of the game.

Dom Capers is an interesting defensive coordinator. He can present a lot of interesting looks (playing 2 DLs, etc.) that can confuse an inexperienced quarterback. He also has some good pieces on defense that can match up with some of the Cowboy weapons - Mike Daniels, Clay Matthews, Nick Perry (he has stepped his game up this year), Ha Ha Clinton Dix and Damarious Randall are all good players. To me, the key for the Cowboys will be if they can block Mike Daniels and Clay Matthews. If they can eliminate both of them, the offense will have success. If not, they will struggle big time.

Defensively, it would be great if Eddie Lacy's ankle either slows him down or renders him unable to play. He's a load and a half. Rodgers has really struggled for 10 or so games, and just appears to be off with his timing and accuracy. Pressure on Rodgers will be key, and also not allowing him to break containment. Pressure in the pocket can really limit his effectiveness.

Prescott has been terrific this year, and I think he will play well. I think that this will be a significant test for him, but the moment won't be too large for him. I can't wait to see it.
Dom Capers is good, and this is the biggest game of the year so far.
I think Minnesota might actually be the toughest team we face this year, and phil with their defense will be another tough one.

Dak and the team must play a error free game to get a win. At least no major error, like ints or fumbles.
Penaltys at wrong times.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yes I would say he already throws more away than tony.
Tony would hold it longer, and hope to make a play, sometimes he did, but sometimes it was a sack or int, or like the last one
he got hurt.
Tony should be watching dak and learning some things himself.

Lets don't get carried away Tony 2014 season he threw 34 TD to 9 ints those are very impressive numbers.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Gb had a real stingy defense and they are particularly good against the run. It's going to be a very hard game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lets don't get carried away Tony 2014 season he threw 34 TD to 9 ints those are very impressive numbers.
Ok I didnt express it clearly, what I meant about tony could learn from dak is how to not take hits, or hold the ball too long.
and how the offense is working good without holding the ball too long, trying to go down field, and if it isnt there throw it away or into
ground.
he should also pattern his play on brady, who also avoid taking excessive hits.

There was one play where dak threw it at wittens feet rather than take a hit, it was time to just safely unload the ball.
Tony is obsessed with making a play every down, and that is how he got so beat up.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wentz is on the same level as RG3...just remember i told you so. all you gotta do is watch him...stupid decisions, takes bad hits....throws game losing picks.
Wentz int was not a bad one, his guy made no effort to go up for the ball or to stop the db from
getting it.
all he had to do is grab one arm and no int.
That was a do or die play anyway, he had to throw it up, and it was close, the db played the ball better.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Wentz int was not a bad one, his guy made no effort to go up for the ball or to stop the db from
getting it.
That was a do or die play anyway, he had to throw it up, and it was close, the db played the ball better.
He threw a ball to an average/below avg wr against a top 5 corner with no separation. thats a bad throw and a bad decision. equivalent to Dak throwing a contested bomb on a gw drive to Butler vs Patrick Peterson. I'd hope Dak is smarter than that.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I
getting it.

It was a very very bad decision under the circumstances

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He threw a ball to an average/below avg wr against a top 5 corner with no separation. thats a bad throw and a bad decision. equivalent to Dak throwing a contested bomb on a gw drive to Butler vs Patrick Peterson. I'd hope Dak is smarter than that.

Not that I think you're wrong or disagreeing with you but what WR in Philly isn't an average/below avg. receiver? It's not like they have a Dez Bryant on their team that was out there and Wentz chose not to throw to him.

Oh, and BTW, right now in the same situation Dak would be throwing to either Williams or Butler in that situation and neither of them just screams like a huge threat against anyone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21

Dak will become uncomfortable if Rodgers begins to shred us and we fall behind by 2 scores or more. If we get down 14 to the Packers like we did SF a couple of weeks ago we'll likely get blown out and Dak will suffer his first INT. If we can stay in the game with our running attack we have a chance. If they're able to stuff the run and put the game on Dak it's likely to lead to trouble. Don't think Dak is quite ready to engage in a shootout with Aaron Rodgers. We have to get pressure on Rodgers or he'll eat us up.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Because even in a loss the analysis have indicate that Wentz was/is the Best in all QB traits and is a true field General. Dak has shown he is good at DRIVING the bus.

Analysis that have a bias towards the Eagles I might ad. I watched Wentz before and he seems like the one driving the bus with those short passing attacks and screens. Dak is like a field general compared to him.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Not that I think you're wrong or disagreeing with you but what WR in Philly isn't an average/below avg. receiver? It's not like they have a Dez Bryant on their team that was out there and Wentz chose not to throw to him.

Oh, and BTW, right now in the same situation Dak would be throwing to either Williams or Butler in that situation and neither of them just screams like a huge threat against anyone.
That's prob why Dak intelligently isn't forcing deep balls like Wentz. The percentages aren't there. Tgat throws was an indictment on Wentz decision making but nobody wants to really go there which is fine since it's just one game........I'm just saying though :thumbup:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
That's the opposite of a fact. About as far from it as you can get. It's an opinion on an opinion.

It's epically dumb is what it is.

Anyone who criticizes Dak for taking what's given and moving chains is utterly clueless. Than again it's precisely what Brady was criticized for early in his career and he turned out ok.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
I wonder why Cincinnati didn't want to make Dak uncomfortable and cause turnovers.
They did, just took them most of the game for it to happen.
After that 28-0 lead, we took the foot off the gas & the Bengals took what they could get, which included Dak's 1st turnover.

Dracula

Reaction score
Because even in a loss the analysis have indicate that Wentz was/is the Best in all QB traits and is a true field General. Dak has shown he is good at DRIVING the bus.
You forgot to enlighten us on exactly what "expert scheming" GB was doing to stop Dak and Zeke. Also, the "analysis" seems to have been wrong the last few weeks.