Green Bay has the model for Dak

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And that's exactly what I'm talking about. The draft age has made it like this. People are more concerned with their (pet cat) instead of wins.

No argument here. I have guys I like in the draft but once the draft is over I put my views on hold and back the player. I freely admit Dak is showing me more than I expected. For a guy who was forced to run as much as he did at Miss St I expected him to take off under pressure but Dak is hanging in there and keeping his eyes down the field and finding the open man.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
My comment wasn't about Romo. It's this idea that every week Dak has to prove something to the fans around here. Fans just cant enjoy the ride. We did it with Romo, we will do it after Dak. It's annoying. Every fan base probably does it except for the Eagles with Wentz, he apparently has nothing left to prove.

So you and I actually agree....

its only getting started.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As funny as this may sound some of the best plays Dak has showed me is throwing it away when nothing is there. I watch a lot of QB vets and rookies alike who will force balls when you don't need to. Kid is smart and he is learning quickly and will only get better in my view.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
No argument here. I have guys I like in the draft but once the draft is over I put my views on hold and back the player. I freely admit Dak is showing me more than I expected. For a guy who was forced to run as much as he did at Miss St I expected him to take off under pressure but Dak is hanging in there and keeping his eyes down the field and finding the open man.
I wanted Wentz and Sterling Sheppard but you can bet I hope both players are huge busts! Some Cowboy fans want Wentz to be good lol

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Well eebs, if Tony was the qb since season started, and had done exactly what dak has done, and were 4-1 with 4 wins in a row,
leading the div etc etc.
If that were the case people would be singing praises about how good he is, and no talk about proving things in these games.

But it is Dak, who is a rookie, and we are just accepting him, and some havent still, and he is keeping tony on the bench.
people love them some tony, big time bromances going on !! lol
And this new kid, they will not accept or aknowledge him as better than or as good as Tony.

And I understand that.
The media and the experts, still cant believe what dak and wentz are doing, and think any game they will be the rookies
they are supposed to be, but I think both may continue to surprise and be steady and get better.

i disagree. the entire national media attributed the 14 success to murray and the line.

also he is not keeping romo on the bench. Romo is injured and inactive.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
False. Dak goes to the line with a run/pass audible for every single play. It's, literally no different than what Wentz is doing. If you don't see him making adjustments at the line then either A) you have no idea what you are looking at or B) you are just content in your wilful ignorance.

You just made that up.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Brady's whole offense the last couple of years was running it primarily from shotgun and getting the ball out quickly. In fact, Brady has been number 1 in terms of getting the ball out of his hands more than any other QB and it was in the two second mark.

How is that not taking the easy stuff?

That's the way it is, with the DB rules.. It's why these smaller guys are killing it.
You nailed it, bro. Back in the day you needed big physical receivers because they had to out muscle physical DBs for the ball and position. The Beasleys, Amendolas, Edelmans, and Welkers of today's game would have been novelty players in the 90's. In today's game they're league leaders. Crazy stuff but, admittedly, fun to freakin' watch.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
As funny as this may sound some of the best plays Dak has showed me is throwing it away when nothing is there. I watch a lot of QB vets and rookies alike who will force balls when you don't need to. Kid is smart and he is learning quickly and will only get better in my view.
This. Never seen a rookie QB protect the ball and protect field position like this since Joe Montana. I'm not saying Dak is anywhere close to Montana's talent but he really seems to understand how to keep his team competitive throughout the game while not putting his offense and the defense in bad situations to lose. It would be interesting to know how many times our offense has gone 3 and out at this juncture of the season? Probably lower at this point than the last five years. Also what our average yards are on first down. Got to be much higher than last year. Dang, I just reread what I wrote and sound like a teenage girl writing in my diary.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
There is no one game that will provide the test you want. The answer you're seeking can only be found after seasons of sustained high levels of play. Just be happy the early returns are highly promising.
Can I have some of what you have been smoking?:D

Plankton

Reaction score
I do think that this would be a significant win, and will be difficult to achieve. The Cowboys, historically, have not played well in Green Bay.

That doesn't have much to do with this year, but Green Bay is a tough place to play. It will be even tougher considering that the crowd will be amped up as Brett Favre is getting his Hall of Fame ring at halftime of the game.

Dom Capers is an interesting defensive coordinator. He can present a lot of interesting looks (playing 2 DLs, etc.) that can confuse an inexperienced quarterback. He also has some good pieces on defense that can match up with some of the Cowboy weapons - Mike Daniels, Clay Matthews, Nick Perry (he has stepped his game up this year), Ha Ha Clinton Dix and Damarious Randall are all good players. To me, the key for the Cowboys will be if they can block Mike Daniels and Clay Matthews. If they can eliminate both of them, the offense will have success. If not, they will struggle big time.

Defensively, it would be great if Eddie Lacy's ankle either slows him down or renders him unable to play. He's a load and a half. Rodgers has really struggled for 10 or so games, and just appears to be off with his timing and accuracy. Pressure on Rodgers will be key, and also not allowing him to break containment. Pressure in the pocket can really limit his effectiveness.

Prescott has been terrific this year, and I think he will play well. I think that this will be a significant test for him, but the moment won't be too large for him. I can't wait to see it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21
GB has young lbers the OL is going to put a hurt on them. People see the name and dont see the makeup of the team. Eddie Lacy is hurt Cobb is hurt. Dallas secondary is the strength of the def. People need to start respecting this team. and it starts with its own fans.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
OK, the NFL channel only showed one play by Wentz and it was the interception. What they showed was the arm of Wentz and the decision made. The the call was good and the throw was to give the receiver a 50-50 % chance of coming down with the ball. It was the receiver who did not try to go up for the ball that made the interception possible. This was a pro QB move and you see this from all the great QBs. I do have opinions but this one is a fact!!
That's the opposite of a fact. About as far from it as you can get. It's an opinion on an opinion.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
i disagree. the entire national media attributed the 14 success to murray and the line.

also he is not keeping romo on the bench. Romo is injured and inactive.
lol that wasnt my point of view, I was saying that is how his detractors might see it, or the romo fans.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Dak is no longer a mystery to the NFL. Expect scheming by the GB defense to cause Dak to be uncomfortable and force rookie turn overs. This will be Daks coming out party and we will see if he and wentz are on the same level. I have this game as a win for Dallas IF we stop GB's running game and ours is good. If a shoot out then GB wins BIG. Dallas 24-21

Please stop posting. TIA

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yes I would say he already throws more away than tony.
Tony would hold it longer, and hope to make a play, sometimes he did, but sometimes it was a sack or int, or like the last one
he got hurt.
Tony should be watching dak and learning some things himself.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Mike Daniels is playing at all pro level.both Matthews and Perry are very good against the run.I think this might be the game for Dak to air it out