Green Bay has the model for Dak

AzorAhai

Reaction score
oh-jesus-christ.gif

What is actually wrong with some of you?

Craig

Reaction score
I think GB better focus on the Cowboys running attack because as long as Zeke and Morris are keeping Dallas is favorable down and distance it will not matter what they figure out with Dak.
Yeah this team is not going to stop until a dline comes up that can mitigate the push this teams oline gets. Defenses are on their heels right off the bat.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If we win at GB, it will turn into "Lets see how Dak responds after a bye week. The real test is coming back after your rhythm has been interrupted."

so you think Dak is being treated differently?

Thats funny because the national media did the exact thing to romo as did many of the local media and many posters on here. Every week the goal posts were reset and you know what, That is still happening to Romo. Just imagine if you think people are being tough on Dak now wait till he is not the media darling and the guy the national media prefers.

When Romo the media magnet is gone and all that is put on Dak then he will understand what its like. Win or lose, good or bad if you are the qb here you are going to never meet expectations, never accomplish the fake goals set by the vultures who need you for a story etc.

This is nothing. Dak is in a great spot because no matter what Romo is going to get the brunt of whatever happens going forward just like he has from day 1 when he was over critiqued to death and still is today.

Phillip Rivers a first round qb, huge contract can lose every week and no one cares. He never gets any media attention and he never gets credited with the losses, ever. That is not the situation when you are the qb here and Romo came into the starting position at a time when the internet was learning how to be used. He has been hammered 24/7 since that day about a week short of 10 years ago today. How he wore his hat on the sideline was a national story for 2 seasons.

Dak has it made right now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Did you watch the GB/NY game last night? The Giants don't even have a good run game, yet they had receivers behind the GB secondary all night, but Eli sucked and missed them again and again. I think this is the game with GB doing everything they can to avoid being ground up by our run game that Dak will take shots and find both TWill and Butler behind that secondary.

We will score 30; we just need the defense to contain Rogers.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
so you think Dak is being treated differently?

Thats funny because the national media did the exact thing to romo as did many of the local media and many posters on here. Every week the goal posts were reset and you know what, That is still happening to Romo. Just imagine if you think people are being tough on Dak now wait till he is not the media darling and the guy the national media prefers.

When Romo the media magnet is gone and all that is put on Dak then he will understand what its like. Win or lose, good or bad if you are the qb here you are going to never meet expectations, never accomplish the fake goals set by the vultures who need you for a story etc.

This is nothing. Dak is in a great spot because no matter what Romo is going to get the brunt of whatever happens going forward just like he has from day 1 when he was over critiqued to death and still is today.

Phillip Rivers a first round qb, huge contract can lose every week and no one cares. He never gets any media attention and he never gets credited with the losses, ever. That is not the situation when you are the qb here and Romo came into the starting position at a time when the internet was learning how to be used. He has been hammered 24/7 since that day about a week short of 10 years ago today. How he wore his hat on the sideline was a national story for 2 seasons.

Dak has it made right now.
My comment wasn't about Romo. It's this idea that every week Dak has to prove something to the fans around here. Fans just cant enjoy the ride. We did it with Romo, we will do it after Dak. It's annoying. Every fan base probably does it except for the Eagles with Wentz, he apparently has nothing left to prove.

So you and I actually agree....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could be questioning what Dallas has done really. When you look around the league there are really only a few teams playing at a high level. Dallas is one of them.
Well eebs, if Tony was the qb since season started, and had done exactly what dak has done, and were 4-1 with 4 wins in a row,
leading the div etc etc.
If that were the case people would be singing praises about how good he is, and no talk about proving things in these games.

But it is Dak, who is a rookie, and we are just accepting him, and some havent still, and he is keeping tony on the bench.
people love them some tony, big time bromances going on !! lol
And this new kid, they will not accept or aknowledge him as better than or as good as Tony.

And I understand that.
The media and the experts, still cant believe what dak and wentz are doing, and think any game they will be the rookies
they are supposed to be, but I think both may continue to surprise and be steady and get better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My comment wasn't about Romo. It's this idea that every week Dak has to prove something to the fans around here. Fans just cant enjoy the ride. We did it with Romo, we will do it after Dak. It's annoying. Every fan base probably does it except for the Eagles with Wentz, he apparently has nothing left to prove.

So you and I actually agree....

I think Wentz being the 2nd overall pick has a lot more to prove compared to a 4th rd pick. Dak comes with a lot of scrutiny because so many wanted to draft one of the top 3 QB in this draft what Dak has done has been more than what most could expect for a rookie QB let alone a 4th rd selection.

For me I'm thrilled in what I see in Dak and the future of this organization but for a few Doubter Cowboys fans he will never satisfy them.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Martin I believe. He's a veteran and Dak is still learning. So I can get that.

But as far as his plays being planned...of course they are. It's called a GAMEPLAN. I don't know if you've noticed this before or not but every team, every week, has one of those.

True and false, the game plan on offense is pretty scripted based on defense showed. This is strategy but tactics is how you use it. This is where the good teams are successfully. Most coaches are not successful and that goes for QBs as well.
It's a shame that some Cowboys fans don't want Dak to be as good as he is showing.
Not true!! We most differently want him to succeed, we are being honest about what we see. Now, the reason the coaching staff are not trying to make Dak another Romo now. It takes time to do that and that is an off season job. Right now the coaching staff is trying to win with a rookie and they are doing a great job until Romo comes back. The others QBs are trying to become the franchise now and are showing the problem with growing pains. So, in summary we are not trying to shame our rookie QB but understand what is happening and driving the buss is not a bad thing.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Every week it's this or that.

Everyone who makes these types of posts, are just hoping to be right, so they can be recognized.

Just enjoy the damn games.
I have enjoyed the games, probably more than if Romo had not been hurt.
I like the whole cinderella story with dak, and hope he can continue on his road to be the cinderella story of 2016.

It is similar to when russel wilson got the starting gig, and experts said he was too short, not good passer, wouldnt last,
not a franchise qb etc etc.
He went on to be in playoffs every year and 2 SB's

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's the same game plan the Giants, Washington and SF employed.

And GB's dline isn't nearly as good as Cincinnati's.

GB has the 5th most sacks in the league and their rush D is #1,,, that DL must be doing something right! Cinci is ranked 16th and 14th respectively.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GB has the 5th most sacks in the league and their rush D is #1,,, that DL must be doing something right! Cinci is ranked 16th and 14th respectively.

I'm more impressed with the sack number.

The defense vs. the run? They haven't played anyone who's been able to run much this season.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Good point, the distinction is that Wentz makes calls at the line that is all him. Dak is running the plays called by the coaches with the only option is to throw the ball into the cheap seats if no receivers. When another team has this figured out they scheme to take him out of his comfort zone and see him make the right read on receivers. Football 101.
False. Dak goes to the line with a run/pass audible for every single play. It's, literally no different than what Wentz is doing. If you don't see him making adjustments at the line then either A) you have no idea what you are looking at or B) you are just content in your wilful ignorance.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I think Wentz being the 2nd overall pick has a lot more to prove compared to a 4th rd pick. Dak comes with a lot of scrutiny because so many wanted to draft one of the top 3 QB in this draft what Dak has done has been more than what most could expect for a rookie QB let alone a 4th rd selection.

For me I'm thrilled in what I see in Dak and the future of this organization but for a few Doubter Cowboys fans he will never satisfy them.
And that's exactly what I'm talking about. The draft age has made it like this. People are more concerned with their (pet cat) instead of wins.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
False. Dak goes to the line with a run/pass audible for every single play. It's, literally no different than what Wentz is doing. If you don't see him making adjustments at the line then either A) you have no idea what you are looking at or B) you are just content in your wilful ignorance.
Like I said, grown men are in here telling flat out lies to defend an Eagle qb. Think about that for a second.

perrykemp

Reaction score

The defense vs. the run? They haven't played anyone who's been able to run much this season.

They've gotten a huge boost from Nick Perry who has 4.5 sacks in 4 games and has been a stud run defender.

Nick Perry was their 1st round pick DE/LB in 2012. Has been a bust up to late last year mainly due to injuries and the Packers decided not to pick up his 5th year option before the 2015 season.

Nick Perry ended up finally coming on late last year and the Packers signed him to a one year deal this off-season betting that maybe was finally turning the corner.

This season it is finally all coming together for him and he is going to get paid dearly the end of the season if he keeps it up.

Sounds like another 2012 first round pick?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Well, stats can certainly be misleading because if different opponents faced as well as how many passing yards you might be giving up instead,,,, but #1 is a tough ranking to fake if you are mediocre!