Greetings from the Other Side

nobody

Reaction score
I know.

Coach was right though . Not everything I put out there what I was feeling. Playing devils advocate.

Yes, fresh start!! And I've learned a lot from that forum experience which was my 1st ever.

That's what I'm saying. Drop the past and act as if nothing happened and carry no bitterness, assumptions, or any other baggage over. This is new and should be appreciated correctly. Bringing over past stuff doesn't do that, right? :D
There will be plenty of time to figure out who to ignore and who to listen to.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach place your mouse on your user name in dropdown chose preferences UN check the top 2 boxes emails should dissapear

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies uncheck these 2
Thanks, Gip, I was trying to do it all through Alert Preferences. Normally I wouldn't care but this guy sent me an email that I'd get a ton of money if I sent him $10,000 to get his uncle out of prison in Pakistan because he had the treasure map and it's been 10 months since I heard from him and I don't want to accidentally delete his email along with the 78,000 from this forum. I hope his uncle didn't die in prison because he'd probably use the $10,000 for his funeral.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I'm saying. Drop the past and act as if nothing happened and carry no bitterness, assumptions, or any other baggage over. This is new and should be appreciated correctly. Bringing over past stuff doesn't do that, right? :D
There will be plenty of time to figure out who to ignore and who to listen to.
I've decided to continue ignoring the little angel on my left shoulder.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
And Don. Haven't figured out how to add or copy pic in sig. Mod told me but doesn't work?
You can add pic to your sig place mouse on user name in drop down click signature open a new tab copy the image you want to use then paste it then save

nobody

Reaction score
Color me as crazy but isn't one if the reasons some of us left the other place was to get away from rejects celebrating our own teams shortcomings and injuries?

I already asked him to put me on ignore

In the spirit of respecting the new home, everyone should wipe the slate clean and forget what happened before. I understand why you'd want to just ignore someone or be ignored right off the bat, but things can be different if an effort is made. We are all Cowboys fans, even if we express it different ways. Those ways can drive us a bit crazy sometimes, but at least we're not cheering the Eagles. Use that as a start.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Not that my opinion matters to many but Greg's a good man. He hasn't happy to see Romo hurt trust me. He was and probably still is a good supporter.
Any previous arguments I had are staying where they happened (not that a sweet old hippy like Me has many).
Greg has been welcoming to Me and has shown willingness to start with a clean slate over here, it might be a good idea for Everyone over here from the old home to adopt the same attitude.
For the record, I've never been less than certain that He's a passionate 'Boys fan.

Donhyphen

Reaction score
Don't be that nice to him LB.

Attention CC and Cowpolkadot hear this.

Pollk I want to bow out of the FF league. Can you find somebody to take my spot? I'm sure you asked CC to join and I'm guessing maybe he is in enough leagues. In any case try to fill my spot. If you can't get it done I'll play. Otherwise I just don't have the time. I'm not an old retiree like you guys.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The Romo subforum was something we had discussed behind the scenes for awhile but again the mods were powerless . Finally they were able to get it done.

The Romo homers like the Emp were a core issue though which I had argued initially and big reason I didn't want to be a mod .

Kevin had always told me to blow them off but To my fault I couldn't handle the attacks on my fandom. Personally I didn't care what they called me but no way some of these fools were greater fans than me. And that's why my arguments always went there.

Not realizing it at the time they were baiting me . Kevin finally convinced me to place them on ignore . He laughed at them and called them silly.

Bottom line as I always argued is they couldn't handle the bashing of Romo. And some recently Jerry. They'd bash anyone from Landry, Jimmy Roger and Troy, etc., to defend them . Amazing and like Kevin said if they'll bash them Why wouldn't they me. But the mods never took any more action after the Emperor?

Whatever happened with Emp? Did he get banned as well?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hover your mouse over your name at the top right of the page, click preferences, and uncheck the "Receive email notifications of replies."
I've done that and unchecked the boxes for Email Alerts and under Preferences. This starting to not only piss me off but creep me out. I feel like I'm the grandpa in one of those movies where the computer starts killing all the teenagers off but it starts with poor ole grandpa. Only good thing is that the murders increase in gore and gruesomeness as they progress so checking out early, maybe with 200K volts, would be preferable.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I've done that and unchecked the boxes for Email Alerts and under Preferences. This starting to not only piss me off but creep me out. I feel like I'm the grandpa in one of those movies where the computer starts killing all the teenagers off but it starts with poor ole grandpa. Only good thing is that the murders increase in gore and gruesomeness as they progress so checking out early, maybe with 200K volts, would be preferable.
I resorted to updating my CZ account to a email address that i dont use for anything and never check.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't be that nice to him LB.

Attention CC and Cowpolkadot hear this.

Pollk I want to bow out of the FF league. Can you find somebody to take my spot? I'm sure you asked CC to join and I'm guessing maybe he is in enough leagues. In any case try to fill my spot. If you can't get it done I'll play. Otherwise I just don't have the time. I'm not an old retiree like you guys.
Nah and watch that "old" adjective or I'll chase you down in my walker and beat you within an inch of your life with my cane. Yes, cane and walker, one can't be too cautious, it's like a belt and suspenders.

I only do DFS in fantasy and don't like having my own team because I don't like enough of them to own them. DFS, Pick6 and whining here will take up my discretionary time. I can only hope this email haunting ends in time for me to bittch about the coaches, players, owner and mascot. And I should have known they had some sickos here with being stuck with Rowdy upon arriving.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whatever happened with Emp? Did he get banned as well?
Yes but that was like 5 years ago. He moved to DFW area after he finished school and I forget which site he was on but doing some interviews.

I was on his radio show once. We made our peace but he couldn't handle any criticism of the Cowboys. A forum just wasn't for him.

nobody

Reaction score
That will be my next step. I need to set up LEAVEMEALONE@gmail.

I turned off ALL alerts whatsoever. We'll see if that helps. Otherwise I'll either create a new email OR create a folder for this forum in the current email and set up a rule directing all traffic from this site to go to that folder. Then I can empty it at leisure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I turned off ALL alerts whatsoever. We'll see if that helps. Otherwise I'll either create a new email OR create a folder for this forum in the current email and set up a rule directing all traffic from this site to go to that folder. Then I can empty it at leisure.
I did that too and they stop but then start up again. I suspect Idgit.

nobody

Reaction score
I did that too and they stop but then start up again. I suspect Idgit.

Unfollow every thread that you are following and you'll see a massive reduction in emails.

Oh, and you have to uncheck the "Follow every thread you post and reply in"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfollow every thread that you are following and you'll see a massive reduction in emails.

Oh, and you have to uncheck the "Follow every thread you post and reply in"
How do I unfollow? Walk backwards being careful to stay in my own tracks? Someone said you can also select posters to follow.