Greg Hardy Day two, will he sign thread **Leave out Moral and legal issues**

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would think the opposite.

You've already had your schmooze time. Today is about getting the numbers right. The longer it goes, the more I would think those numbers just aren't working.

I think it works both ways. Obviously, the longer it goes, the more it's clear that the numbers aren't matching up, but it's also clear that both sides are willing to work to try to get them to match up. If there was no chance of that, he'd be gone by now.

hendog

Reaction score
I would think the opposite.

You've already had your schmooze time. Today is about getting the numbers right. The longer it goes, the more I would think those numbers just aren't working.

I agree. As much as I like the thought of Stephen tightening the reigns around past loose FA spending, I hope they don't lose out on a couple million in guaranteed money. We need this crazy cat!

manster4ever

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they're still haggling over guaranteed money. They probably had a "sleep on it" situation and he came back and still wasn't completely happy with their offer. This is also exactly why many people will not deal with his snake agent at all.

Hard to believe he's still in the game....such a dirt bag.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Don't waste 50 million on Brandon friggin Carr and suddenly pinch pennies with a true impact player.

The sad sick thing is that they would take the lesson from that idiotic signing to the extreme.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's time for the front office to extend itself more than they want to lock in a player who can be a difference maker for years.

Don't waste 50 million on Brandon friggin Carr and suddenly pinch pennies with a true impact player. Take the risk. The reward is worth it.

On one hand, I agree. The guy is a 26 year old stud.

On the otherhand, he could also be a ticking time bomb. Decisions, decisions.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It's time for the front office to extend itself more than they want to lock in a player who can be a difference maker for years.

Don't waste 50 million on Brandon friggin Carr and suddenly pinch pennies with a true impact player. Take the risk. The reward is worth it.

Bingo. I'm all for smart spending, but when you have a chance at a player that could completely transform one side of the ball for you, I feel it's smart to pay up.

Wood

Reaction score
I have long felt any failed signings were direct result of Jerry saying no to free rides on his Jet.

slick325

Reaction score

Tell us how you really feel Risen...what do you think of the Carr deal or big deals for CB's? Not aware of your stance on that...lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it works both ways. Obviously, the longer it goes, the more it's clear that the numbers aren't matching up, but it's also clear that both sides are willing to work to try to get them to match up. If there was no chance of that, he'd be gone by now.

It's not even noon their time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Honestly who hasn't thrown their significant other onto a pile of loaded assault riffles at some point?

I have not. For me, that's a really bad move. My Wife knows how to pick up a weapon, load it and send a round or two down range.

Just saying.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo. I'm all for smart spending, but when you have a chance at a player that could completely transform one side of the ball for you, I feel it's smart to pay up.

Of course that would mean I'd have Drew Rosenhaus' shoe print on my face in negotiations.

But I'd also have Eli Manning, Robert Griffin and Sam Bradford running for their life.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I hope this gets done immediately after the damn mattress stalled negotiations. Cowboys gave in to them. What else is Hardy and the weasel DR asking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.