News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
heathen?

someone get a thesarus for xmas and then lost a bet to have to use this word in a post today?

and all the people harping on RKG simply have zero ability to think of something else.

I would have thought that you would approve of the term "heathen". After all, we are both about one missed shower away from that outselves Ice.

;-)

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
We've gone from the ultimate team player now in Philly to a fellow who is facing a multi-game suspension for domestic violence. Sure is a shift in direction in the locker room.

This isn't boy scouts. It's the NFL. Murray priced himself outta town like many thought he would. Will be a huge disappointment in Philly. Hardy will be a stud where ever he goes. And FWIW, hardy's ex-teammates speak very highly of him.

Wood

Reaction score
I think this is situation where Dallas doesn't have as much leverage as they think. They need Greg Hardy more than he needs them. Lets just hope Jerry evil grin entertains Hardy enough to sign.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I would have thought that you would approve of the term "heathen". After all, we are both about one missed shower away from that outselves Ice.

;-)

yea, but i've never smelled hardy... :)

that i know of.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

;-)

I have seen his pictures...the shower won't help.

:eek::p:D

Reaction score
Yes. The team can franchise anybody to prevent them from becoming a free agent. Other teams can still make offers, but the Cowboys have the right to match. If they don't they get 2 first round draft picks as compensation.

khiladi

Reaction score
1. There is a ton of evidence to support that the Cowboys coaching staff was soft as Charmin under Wade. Down to the PLAYERS saying it. So have your opinion, but the people in the locker room differ from yours.

2. The whole team quit on Wade. He got fired after his all star defense gave up 45 points to GB.

3. Sure - All coaches want that. But not all coaches will value those attributes over talent. Thats why Haynseworth gets $100M contract and then quits. He doesnt love football. He doesnt work hard. He isnt a leader.

Again - Talent, but the RIGHT KIND of TALENT.

Hogwash and subjective nonsense.

This team two years ago got smashed by the Bears and Saints, giving up record numbers even more than against GB. People said the team quit on Garrett. Yet Jerry Jones went and surrounded Garrett with guys like Linehan and Marinelli. He could have listened to Wade years ago and given him Dan Reeves to baby-sit him. The problems that were evident during Wade's tenure were here when JG coached, so Jerry saw sense and finally took play-calling away from him.

And people didn't sign AH to big dollars after they realized it. Even the Commanders admitted they made a mistake.

Plankton

Reaction score
Anyone who thought that RKG meant guy who never or never has got in trouble is fooling themselves.

RKG means whatever the coach (not just this one) GM, and ownership wants it to mean.

QFT.

The moniker is pure pablum. There isn't a team in the league that wants lazy players that are crappy teammates and are miscreants off the field.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This isn't boy scouts. It's the NFL. Murray priced himself outta town like many thought he would. Will be a huge disappointment in Philly. Hardy will be a stud where ever he goes. And FWIW, hardy's ex-teammates speak very highly of him.

So does Rivera. He was a very popular player in Carolina.

One of the main reasons he is even a free agent is because of Jerry Richardson's public stance on domestic violence. He chose politics over football.

But to a man, his teammates wanted him back and he wanted to remain in Charlotte.

Ken

Reaction score
heathen?

someone get a thesarus for xmas and then lost a bet to have to use this word in a post today?

and all the people harping on RKG simply have zero ability to think of something else.

I undertand the word quite well and used it as i intended. Perhaps you should look up the word "sarcasm" to see what i did there.

The point remains we are in good company wearrin good company for his less than choir boy services.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  1. Dallas Cowboys ‏@dallascowboys 19s20 seconds ago
    DE Sack-Artist Greg Hardy Headed To Valley Ranch To Meet With Cowboys Tuesday http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2n670

View photo1 retweet1 favorite
    Retweet1
    Favorite1
    More

2. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 50s51 seconds ago
    If Dallas were to sign Greg Hardy, it would greatly diminish its financial flexibility to acquire Adrian Peterson. Too close to cap as is.

42 retweets17 favorites
    Retweet42
    Favorite17
    More

3. mike fisher retweeted
    105.3 The FAN ‏@1053thefan 13m13 minutes ago
    .@fishsports brings the LATEST Greg Hardy & #Cowboys news to the @gbagnation NEXT! Listen Online: http://******/SJRWjZ

5 retweets3 favorites
    Retweet5
    Favorite3
    More

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Depends on the tag you use but honestly, the price to Franchise a guy like Hardy would be expensive, to say the least. Plus, we still have the issue of Dez and no long term contract. Would obviously be better if we could sign him to a bit longer contract. Have to see what happens.

Plankton

Reaction score
Greg hardy was the only player on the Panthers to show up to DeAngelo Williams Mother funeral. For all intents and purposes he has been reported as an extremely good teammate and leader.

Now - off the field he certinatly has red flags. But would you consider Mike Irvin a "Bad locker room guy"?

Ask Everett McIver, and you may be surprised at the answer you get.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think this is situation where Dallas doesn't have as much leverage as they think. They need Greg Hardy more than he needs them. Lets just hope Jerry evil grin entertains Hardy enough to sign.

I agree. That is why Breer's Tweet earlier seemed a little odd, like he would have to sell the Cowboys on himself and his talent.

They need him probably more than any other team in the league.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
He's going to serve a 6 game suspension. So I almost see a two year deal with an out clause written in.

Status
Not open for further replies.