News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much the same thing they did with Free right? The longer we wait the less likely Carr would have a chance at even a decent contract on the open market. Pretty much tell him to stay in Dallas for a paycut or get stuck on A) a crappy team with cap space or B) sign elsewhere for considerably less money then our paycut would given him. Sounds like the most likely scenario to me and hopefully it gives us an opportunity to sign a June 1st cut from another team with the $ saved....

As for Hardy....I really don't want to see him leave the state of Texas without a contract. Don't let him go up to Seattle and let him hear all the super bowl talk. Not to mention that I believe they still have more $ to offer than we do

The problem is that they had a projected replacement for Free. If they don't draft a CB in rounds 1 or 2, then I don't know who would replace Carr.

I really thought they might try to sign a guy like Tramon Williams to a low cost contract to replace Carr or at least bring him in and tell Carr to take a pay cut or they will sign the free agent and cut Carr.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
There is an exception to every rule for every human being. It is a subtle distinction... The rule is still the rule.

A reply without a point. Good show. Hope you learned something about how your favorite team operates.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I undertand the word quite well and used it as i intended. Perhaps you should look up the word "sarcasm" to see what i did there.

The point remains we are in good company wearrin good company for his less than choir boy services.

choir boy????

i see you're new to me. sarcasm is seldom missed by me and needs to be a lot more clever to stand a chance of it.

return to your side of the court. this heathen has to shower and smell hardy or my day is just messed up beyond words.

Wood

Reaction score
Yes. The team can franchise anybody to prevent them from becoming a free agent. Other teams can still make offers, but the Cowboys have the right to match. If they don't they get 2 first round draft picks as compensation.

thats if Dallas uses non exclusive tag. The could use exclusive tag and just keep him a second year.

Ken

Reaction score
Dallas is STILL...."the big room"...as Parcells said it. It isstill the best and most glamprous sports job in all of sports.

If he is in Dallas....it is huge.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
QFT.

The moniker is pure pablum. There isn't a team in the league that wants lazy players that are crappy teammates and are miscreants off the field.

that's somewhat true but also overstated.

Jimmy wanted hard workers, demanded hard workers, but he had pure knuckleheads too.
the team partied as hard as it worked. or harder.
he drafted a rb who literally pooped in a girls clean clothes basket.
he had no character concern bar hard work and talent.

Garrett has a very different standard.
He also values talent but he's had 5 times more guys "in the box" than any other Cowboys Coach/GM in the draft process.
So that RKoG thing isn't just talk.

The Dallas Mavs have that too. And once you've built up a good locker room of guys you can add a knucklehead because the culture is in place for him to get with the program and succeed. But I don;t think Garrett will ever have another T.O. type guy.
Those two literally hated each other.

GoJacks

Reaction score
It would only have impact if the contract from another team was the same as the contract the cowboys offered.

We need to quit trying to fool ourselves as cowboys fans that it really makes a difference.

I'm not saying it does make an impact but it should in some situations when comparing teams in NY or California who have higher state rates with Texas or Florida with no tax.

batman36

Reaction score
Yes. The team can franchise anybody to prevent them from becoming a free agent. Other teams can still make offers, but the Cowboys have the right to match. If they don't they get 2 first round draft picks as compensation.

Or the player can negotiate a clause to not be franchised...I will sign if you promise not to tag me.

Plankton

Reaction score
It would only have impact if the contract from another team was the same as the contract the cowboys offered.

We need to quit trying to fool ourselves as cowboys fans that it really makes a difference.

Hence the slight impact reference.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
We've gone from the ultimate team player now in Philly to a fellow who is facing a multi-game suspension for domestic violence. Sure is a shift in direction in the locker room.

We need would-be felons on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.