News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
A reply without a point. Good show. Hope you learned something about how your favorite team operates.

Homerism at it's finest..

As a general rule, every coach gets guys they think play for the team and fit in the system. No coach is that much of an idiot.

BTW, the quote of Garrett where he defined RKG, that was 10 days after they signed Brandon Carr to a huge deal. Of course that looks pretty idiotic now and many of Garrett homers tell us that was purely a Jerry signing, where he spent big money for Carr which has cash-strapped this team to an extent. So got to love how RKG is so subjective that it can change anytime a Garrett homer wants it to... When they want it to be sound-financial management for RKGs and cleaning up the organization, presto, it becomes that...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The problem is that they had a projected replacement for Free. If they don't draft a CB in rounds 1 or 2, then I don't know who would replace Carr.

I really thought they might try to sign a guy like Tramon Williams to a low cost contract to replace Carr or at least bring him in and tell Carr to take a pay cut or they will sign the free agent and cut Carr.

I think someone on the coaching staff likes Carr and is defending him. Not a sourced thought, just my hunch.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A contract similar to Melton's last season, comes to mind...but given the current talent level and some years projected in a view with this player, I would think he would receive more upfront than did Melton.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This just in from Adam Scheter: Big contracts mean less room under the salary cap. I believe he took off his shoes and socks to complete the math required for this tweet:

This is terrible by Shefter....

1. The Cowboys can create 20m of cap room in about 3 seconds.
2. Signing Hardy is a sign they are going to try and win it all this year and this getting AP might even be MORE likely after Hardy as opposed to the frugal conservative ways of the past season plus.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Other circumstances made that deal happen. Injury to Lee and a low risk deal. They didn't sign him to a deal like the one Hardy is going to get.

I agree, but a troubled/talented player was signed none the less that doesn't fit the standards, etc. That is all it is. Don't hide behind RKG as a reason to not pick up players who can contribute when it is usually circumstantial and mainly related to $/availability.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think you see something like the Henry Melton and Darelle Revis contract from last year. Good first year prove it, second year high salary that will LIKELY be voided unless he plays so well he would price himself out and we feel we need him.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Homerism at it's finest..

As a general rule, every coach gets guys they think play for the team and fit in the system. No coach is that much of an idiot.

What part of different organizations prioritize different things while all claiming to want the same thing don't you understand?

Plankton

Reaction score
that's somewhat true but also overstated.

Jimmy wanted hard workers, demanded hard workers, but he had pure knuckleheads too.
the team partied as hard as it worked. or harder.
he drafted a rb who literally pooped in a girls clean clothes basket.
he had no character concern bar hard work and talent.

Wrong guy. That was Najeh Davenport, who was drafted by the Packers.

You're thinking of Cecil Collins, who broke into a woman's home that he was stalking.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I don't see how he can be suspended at all.

He missed all of last season and didn't get found guilty of anything.

Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is terrible by Shefter....

1. The Cowboys can create 20m of cap room in about 3 seconds.
2. Signing Hardy is a sign they are going to try and win it all this year and this getting AP might even be MORE likely after Hardy as opposed to the frugal conservative ways of the past season plus.

The picture you paint on running back also allows a first round target at the position in the draft as well...

khiladi

Reaction score
What part of different organizations prioritize different things while all claiming to want the same thing don't you understand?

So which organization prioritizes players that don't play within the context of the team and do what they want? Guys that don't play hard, but play soft and don't practice and just chill around and don't learn their plays.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think someone on the coaching staff likes Carr and is defending him. Not a sourced thought, just my hunch.

Carr's situation is likely that they aren't panicking.
They know they aren't paying Carr his current deal and he knows it.
The longer Dallas waits for the market and draft to occur the more info it has as to how much it is willing to pay him.

If 27 is a CB perhaps Carr is simply cut.
If we don;t draft a CB til round 4 and Mo is still limping along then maybe we make a very different deal to buy another year.

Dallas has all the leverage as they can release Carr at any point and it costs them less in June.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
If Garrett's coaching mentor Saban hadn't given Ro a thumbs up he prolly doesn't sign here.
But beyond that we were desperate at the time and paid nothing to get him.
He hasn't resigned yet has he?

The RKoG thing can annoy you but Dallas does believe it in and they do homework when there are questions.

The issue with character problems is it does effect the most important ability-- availability.
Dallas taking on Hardy has to believe he will become and stay available.

So character is only related to a player's availability to the team? We agree brudda.

endersdragon

Reaction score
So who is going to play the left side? As I understand it both Lawrence and Hardy generally play the right side and were really made to play the right side. Will we be losing something that made Hardy so great if we ask him to play the left side and will our team be losing something if we have Hardy and Lawrence, two guys we have so much invested in, to switch off.

Status
Not open for further replies.