News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No, Davenport was the guy who pooped in the laundry basket. And, Davenport was drafted two years after Johnson retired, and by the Packers.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014...-that-time-najeh-davenport-pooped-in-a-hamper

Cecil Collins was drafted by Johnson. Here's his story.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...140813_1_dolphin-cecil-collins-zakayla-prison

During his career, Davenport was given the nicknames "Dookie"[10] and "The Dump Truck."[11] While playing for the Packers, a letter writing campaign to the team equipment manager jokingly asked that he be issued jersey number 2 for practice,[12] which is still referenced during the opening of the "D-List" show on WAUK ESPN 540 in Milwaukee.[13] All are plays on the incident.

:laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I just hope our braintrust isn't sitting around contemplating the Hardy signing right now going...."ya know, we already got Jed Collins, Jasper Brinkley, Ray Agnew, Andrew Gachkar, Darren McFadden............would this be overkill?

As badly as we need an impact-type DE, I wouldn't think they'd be that stupid. I'm sure Marinelli knows better. He'd be the first to set them straight, no doubt.

endersdragon

Reaction score
He is better than Suh. Hardy in 2013 had 59 Tackles ( 39 were solo) and 15 sacks. SUH last year had 53 Tackles ( 44 Solo) 8.5 Sacks

Different positions. While the extra tackles are nice, 15 sacks for a DE isn't that much better than 8.5 sacks for a DT.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Peterson is clearly a special player and better than Murray, but you must also factor in his age and expected returns. If it is unlikely for a 27 year old to continue to be great, it's just as unlikely for a 31 year old to spend 3-4 years dominating.

I'd be all for Peterson coming, but likely only for a little more than I was willing to pay Murray, or at least something I can get out of in 2 years.

Peterson is not your average player. This guy is on another level and planet, and can play many more years at the same level & pace.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough, I have a question for someone who watched a lot of Ga. Football. Who do you think Gurley reminds you of? I've heard Stepehn Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Bo Jackson, Fred Tayloe, Jamal Lewis, AD?

This is going to sound odd because, physically they're not alike at all, but he reminds me of Emmitt Smith, for this reason. In addition to all of his physical gifts, what impresses me most about Gurley, is his vision and his ability to rapidly process information in front of him.

He reads the blocking in front of him exceptionally well (as I feel Emmitt did), and that trait, more than the others, stands out to me the most. But he's fast for his size, he's strong too. But the thing for me is that vision. With a line like this, that kid could be pretty amazing.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I do not get Twitter verbaige...showing my age I guess.

It means yesterday he heard rumors around the facility that within 48 hours they would sign a big time player. That would mean by tonight or tomorrow, they expected to sign Hardy. The Seattle and Tampa noise is probably agent speak to influence negotiations.

Plankton

Reaction score
I just hope our braintrust isn't sitting around contemplating the Hardy signing right now going...."ya know, we already got Jed Collins, Jasper Brinkley, Ray Agnew, Andrew Gachkar, Darren McFadden............would this be overkill?

Not at all.

They are in the midst of pitching the ability of Greg Hardy to play alongside Nick Hayden. That has to be worth a few million right there.

Craig

Reaction score
He is better than Suh. Hardy in 2013 had 59 Tackles ( 39 were solo) and 15 sacks. SUH last year had 53 Tackles ( 44 Solo) 8.5 Sacks
this post really brings in to question your understanding of what youre talking about. Actually there is no question, you dont know.

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 22s22 seconds ago
    Buccaneers "having discussions" about Greg Hardy, but no visit set up yet http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JwA

View summary0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

2. Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 1m1 minute agoArlington, TX
    Dallas has the inside track to sign Greg Hardy. But don't overlook Seattle who might need him to replace Michael Bennett

5 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet5
    Favorite2
    More

1. Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 29s29 seconds agoArlington, TX
    Per multiple sources, Michael Bennett is seeking a trade to Atlanta and a new contract.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You don't think the Cowboys don't factor in a player's ability before determining how high they'll go on a contract? Special players get paid that way.

My interpretation is they weren't going to pay beyond a certain point for DeMarco Murray. You just can not compare Murray to Peterson. If Peterson becomes available, you want to re-evaluate things. You can't use the same DeMarco Murray rules. There aren't the same player.

I'll go this high for Joe Flacco. But I'll go that high for Aaron Rodgers.

This should be obvious.

Though your Flacco and Rodgers analogy isn't the greatest. Because Baltimore lost their minds in that Joe contract.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

1. ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 22s22 seconds ago
    Buccaneers "having discussions" about Greg Hardy, but no visit set up yet http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JwA

View summary0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

2. Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 1m1 minute agoArlington, TX
    Dallas has the inside track to sign Greg Hardy. But don't overlook Seattle who might need him to replace Michael Bennett

5 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet5
    Favorite2
    More

why would Bennett need replaced. Didnt' he just extend last year?

endersdragon

Reaction score
Peterson is not your average player. This guy is on another level and planet, and can play many more years at the same level & pace.

He's missed significant time 2 of the last 4 years. He was nowhere near as good in 2013 as he was in 2012 (in other words he is already slowing down). What makes you think he will be more than a 1,300 yard back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.