News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He's missed significant time 2 of the last 4 years. He was nowhere near as good in 2013 as he was in 2012 (in other words he is already slowing down). What makes you think he will be more than a 1,300 yard back next year?

Because Murray was a 1900 yard back last year. And Murray's mom would pick Peterson to play ahead of Murray.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm not certain that the front office really wanted him back. I feel like they wanted the fans to think that they wanted him back and that Murray just demanded too much money.

I feel like they were anxiously awaiting him to sign with another team and they already had a deal with McFadden but didn't want to announce it until Murray made his decision. I think the FO didn't want to be seen as the ones making the decision to get rid of Murray. They positioned it such that Murray looked like the bad guy in the eyes of many fans, IMO.

Not sure that's right if Dallas actually did up what it was offering.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I was planning on studying today, but I guess I'm gonna glue twitter to my forehead instead.

You won't be able to see it up there.

Personally, I'm going to take like a 2 hour break from the forums and twitter and hope that when I return, Hardy is a Cowboy.

popp1234

Reaction score

1. ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 22s22 seconds ago
    Buccaneers "having discussions" about Greg Hardy, but no visit set up yet http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JwA

View summary0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

2. Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 1m1 minute agoArlington, TX
    Dallas has the inside track to sign Greg Hardy. But don't overlook Seattle who might need him to replace Michael Bennett

5 retweets2 favorites
    Retweet5
    Favorite2
    More

1. Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 29s29 seconds agoArlington, TX
    Per multiple sources, Michael Bennett is seeking a trade to Atlanta and a new contract.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

Also, Chip Kelly is withdrawing money out of his personal bank account as I type this.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He's missed significant time 2 of the last 4 years. He was nowhere near as good in 2013 as he was in 2012 (in other words he is already slowing down). What makes you think he will be more than a 1,300 yard back next year?

i can't ever get an answer to this one. they just THINK / FEEL he will be. it's not based on other "super star" rb's at the same time, it's just that AD is special and above apparently the trials and tribulations of getting older and will be the peter pan of the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You won't be able to see it up there.

Personally, I'm going to take like a 2 hour break from the forums and twitter and hope that when I return, Hardy is a Cowboy.

No! We need all of this positive energy combined here in order to get this deal done! We need ya pal!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Also, Chip Kelly is withdrawing money out of his personal bank account as I type this.

Not true. The Eagles don't pay him in actual American Money. He's the Seal. They pay him in Squid, Molluscs and a variety of assorted fish. If you had said that Chip was placing an order for deliver of Sea Food to XYZ, then I could believe that you might be on to something here.

chip-kelly.jpg

586044_orig.jpg

See what I mean?

DBOY3141

Reaction score

khiladi

Reaction score
It's like you don't follow the NFL at all. Players with elite talent get chance after chance after chance even if they are known to be lazy or have questionable work ethics.

We barely kicked the can on Fairley despite it being a huge need given his rep. That's an actual example of how our organizational philosophy impacted player acquisition.

Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it isn't true.

I follow football all the time, thus the term 'general rule'. So you've got one example about a guy that has talent, that has some risks, but is known to play when motivated and in a contract year and was just signed to a ONE-YEAR deal, laden with incentives. You mean the Cowboys don't place incentives in contracts to protect themselves?

Still waiting for examples that 'abound' of coaches that like players that are all about themselves, in it for the team, don't practice hard and are lazy.

I'm pretty sure that this push for Hardy will also be painted as a Jason Garrett move (as opposed to just being lucky to be in the situation) you know as an example of our defensive roster being a great shape and that if Garrett left the team, it would have been in much better shape than when 'Wade left it'. It's not like last year we were scraping scrubs off the street and most people, including Garrett homers were projecting this team to do bad, precisely because of the quality of defensive talent on the team. They were already preparing for excuses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.