News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookie

Reaction score
Imagine Kraken going against Smith in practice every day. Every other tackle in football will be a cakewalk for him. He'd easily get 15+ sacks. Do it Jerry!

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really don't see it but 2 to 4 games because hes already missed 15 games.
The thing is the NFL might say 4 but since charges dropped he would appeal
and probably be a 2 game suspension. My thing is will he stay clean afterwards.

you and the others really need to keep up with things. Doty ruled that incidents that happened before the new policy are not subject to it. So therefore the MOST Hardy could get is a 2 game suspension and with the charges dropped plus almost a full year off anyway an arbiter would laugh at Goodell if he tried and if the NFL appealed they have so far lost just about every one and this would be a particularly weak try.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I going this way, I have these setup for both John Schneider & Pete Carroll.

th

Would you please dispose of the one you made of John Daniels?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I follow football all the time, thus the term 'general rule'. So you've got one example about a guy that has talent, that has some risks, but is known to play when motivated and in a contract year and was just signed to a ONE-YEAR deal, laden with incentives. You mean the Cowboys don't place incentives in contracts to protect themselves?

Still waiting for examples that 'abound' of coaches that like players that are all about themselves, in it for the team, don't practice hard and are lazy.

I'm pretty sure that this push for Hardy will also be painted as a Jason Garrett move (as opposed to just being lucky to be in the situation) you know as an example of our defensive roster being a great shape and that if Garrett left the team, it would have been in much better shape than when 'Wade left it'. It's not like last year we were scraping scrubs off the street and most people, including Garrett homers were projecting this team to do bad, precisely because of the quality of defensive talent on the team. They were already preparing for excuses.

Not to mention Fairley would play the 1 tech here. No one pays a 1 tech 5 mil. in this scheme.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Feels like the Nhamdi situation a few years ago. Just our luck Seattle is trading their DE and needs a replacement

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Prisco could set fire to the internet by adding, "And they're sometimes willing to leave a state with zero income tax (Washington) for one that does (Georgia)."

Actually, in Georgia, they don't view this as "Income Tax" per say. They call it "Money for Fishing and Hunting Licenses and things".

:thumbup:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not to mention Fairley would play the 1 tech here. No one pays a 1 tech 5 mil. in this scheme.

Pay? They will not even allow themselves to spend a high draft choice on it as it is so undervalued.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Man i keep refreshing hoping someone breaks the news hes signed. if he leaves thats not good for us.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Feels like the Nhamdi situation a few years ago. Just our luck Seattle is trading their DE and needs a replacement

Ah, memories. I still remember Newman feeling insulted and the footage of Rob Ryan fist pumping when they thought they were reigning him in.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I can certainly understand this and it may turn out that way, who knows? However, I do think it's a little different now as opposed to then. I suspect that the NFL knows that this team is for real and has a chance to win a championship with the right additions. I don't think players felt that way about the Cowboys then. Just my own personal opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.