News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is going to sound odd because, physically they're not alike at all, but he reminds me of Emmitt Smith, for this reason. In addition to all of his physical gifts, what impresses me most about Gurley, is his vision and his ability to rapidly process information in front of him.

He reads the blocking in front of him exceptionally well (as I feel Emmitt did), and that trait, more than the others, stands out to me the most. But he's fast for his size, he's strong too. But the thing for me is that vision. With a line like this, that kid could be pretty amazing.

He's at the top of my wish list, given the players who may be available to us at #27. But I fear it may take a trade up to get him as I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland, Detroit and Arizona focus in on Gurley.

Aven8

Reaction score
Ah, memories. I still remember Newman feeling insulted and the footage of Rob Ryan fist pumping when they thought they were reigning him in.

Thank you Philly!! That was a close one!

popp1234

Reaction score
Notice the quotation marks. A play on words that Jerry Jones once made regarding the possible drafting of a certain player.

Yes, I got it. I remember that. It's no contention towards you, but I am saying that the Dallas Cowboys will always be relevant, even when they "suck". It's a mystery the rest of the sports world cannot comprehend. Hell, I don't even understand it myself. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not good. That means they can pawn off his cap hit onto Atlanta and have more money left to sign Hardy if he gets there.

So they can't let him get there.

Pay what it takes on this one.

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, this play for Hardy is pretty much in line with what Dallas does and has been doing. It is a myth that it is anything different than what they have done before. Besides the fact that not pursuing Hardy is instance, considering he is close to the level of Suh and they can get him for cheaper than what he is worth, as stated many times, Dallas pursues NEEDS via free agency and selects in the draft via the principle BPA. Pass rusher at DE is what they need.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas had the "inside track" on murray too

I don't believe that was the case at all. It was very clear that Dallas had a ceiling on Murray and wouldn't go a penny above it. It was always known that he'd likely get more money elsewhere if he wanted.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I got it. I remember that. It's no contention towards you, but I am saying that the Dallas Cowboys will always be relevant, even when they "suck". It's a mystery the rest of the sports world cannot comprehend. Hell, I don't even understand it myself. :)
IMO, a good portion of the sports world acknowledges the Cowboys' continued uninterrupted relevance. Their tenacity for explaining why Dallas has not been or is no longer relevant is proof they silently understand what they vocally deny.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
So we all want Hardy... But how much is he worth ? What contract would make you warm and fuzzy and what would make you say R U F...ing nuts ?!?!?!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It only says Bennet is requesting a trade not that they are on the verge of trading him. Good luck with that. All his signing bonus money will be accelerated and why would they want to trade a guy they have under contract for 3 more years at below market value? I don't see it happening, especially happening anytime soon. Hardy should be long gone before they can make this happen.

khiladi

Reaction score
mike fisher @fishsports · 2m 2 minutes ago
.@swatson28 I'm sure @AdamSchefter is aware of #Cowboys pre-FA ability to create $45.6 MILLION in cap room.

HoArCtB.gif

Breaking news!

We've got new video of Stephen Jones at Valley Ranch meeting with Greg Hardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.