News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
How about let's play this game while we wait:

Ware in his prime versus Hardy in his prime? Forget the nut-case potential, talent and play alone.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The thing is that Hardy came to Dallas after his agent had been negotiating with the club for at least the previous day. He should have come in here with contract expectations fully apprised. this is a far cry from the first week where teams are competing for a player to visit and trying to make offers they cannot refuse and leave the building.

OTOH, this is likely a very complicated contract by NFL standards. Hardy of course wants to get paid but the Cowboys are likely looking for assurances and protections. The devil is in the detail but a good agent is going to go each and every one. This could take awhile.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
per Mike Fisher's Twitter page:

@Derinyar: @fishsports that's going to be one messy negotiations. Hardy wants elite money. Cowboys need protection.” / part of the deal

Fisher also reported negotiations have been going on for at least two days. Must be a long-term deal if they going to pay elite dollars.

this is what a friend of mine texted me earlier, it goes along with what your saying.

"It's all but done. I can say that with a 99.99 percent certainty . I know Greg has literally dreamed of playing in dallas at some point(yes I know that for fact he's at least said that) and from what I have heard , money has been agreed upon completely on both sides. Team options and "conduct"guidelines are the only thing that has casued this to not be signed but the reason Greg is coming here is with intention of resolving those and signing."

dont ask who my friend is, it doesnt really matter.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

@Derinyar: @fishsports that's going to be one messy negotiations. Hardy wants elite money. Cowboys need protection.” / part of the deal

Fisher also reported negotiations have been going on for at least two days. Must be a long-term deal if they going to pay elite dollars.

Yea, its going to be an interesting contract if he actually does sign..............I imagine it might have an out clause after 1 year and then all the guaranteed money starts. That way we get a 1 year "kick the tires" type of deal before the elite money kicks in.

That would be my guess, but we shall see.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

that isn't Fish saying Hardy is looking for elite money whatever that means.

Plankton

Reaction score
tumblr_n3q2cynxk61s9f3p1o1_400.gif

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
this is what a friend of mine texted me earlier, it goes along with what your saying.

"It's all but done. I can say that with a 99.99 percent certainty . I know Greg has literally dreamed of playing in dallas at some point(yes I know that for fact he's at least said that) and from what I have heard , money has been agreed upon completely on both sides. Team options and "conduct"guidelines are the only thing that has casued this to not be signed but the reason Greg is coming here is with intention of resolving those and signing."

It would only make sense that the numbers were done before he flew to Dallas. I think your friend is right.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
We just need a good dogfighting thread. That will fix that. teehee.

I got time to kill. What you thinking? QC vs Hutch? Nah thats too much for a Tuesday. How about a Romo backwards hat thread? Too overdone. Matt Johnson is the future? Oops wrong year. Your car.

I was in on the 'Chris Borland is joining the Illuminati' thread and that had potential.

DTown214

Reaction score
To me it sounds like Hardy and his agent are trying to put the pressure on Dallas to offer up the "elite money" he's looking for by saying he has visits w/ Seattle and Tampa Bay, when in reality he doesn't. It's just gonna take a some good time to sort out all of the contract details. My prediction is that he signs later tonight.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score

it seems its only a matter of time. i hope it happens....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Thanks for the info bro.......................I hope your friend is right because our pass rush is a joke right now..........we need Hardy in the worst way possible.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score

Thanks for passing along the info. Hope your friend is right and we hear something SOON!!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score

It does, it gives credibility to the quote.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Thank him from many of us if the deal comes through :):)

SoBlue128

Reaction score

Dude that's a comment on a BSPN article from a few hours ago by some Matt McClieod

Link http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?...op&rand=ref~{"ref":"https://www.google.com/"}

Status
Not open for further replies.