News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This reminds me of the worst job I ever had. Mobile Home salesman. Awful. At the Mobile Home Mall in Austin, Texas on East MLK in the middle of the roughest area at the time in the city.
Ugly.
My boss was Rick Minor. A legend in mobile home sales lore if such a thing exists. All I know is I could walk into any Palm Harbor in the country and mention his name and people wanted to hear stories.
And I have some. That guy was straight out of a movie and has been an inspiration for many of the characters I have made over the years.

We worked from 8AM-9PM 6 days a week and we were required to go in on our off-day to do paperwork.
The money was incredible, but the stress was insane. We were under the threat of being fired every second. If I wasn't so desperate to make a check at the time I would have gone Charles Haley on his desk while I was quitting by Day 3.

We had a specific strategy for every customer: wear them out.

I'm sure most of you know Central Texas summers. Brutal. None of our model homes had any electricity hooked up. On purpose.
They wanted to get you in and keep you there. Wear you out and even if this was the first place you came to- you were signing. We were going to overheat you, walk you forever, listen to endless pitches until you broke and you would be surprise at our success rate back then. We were killers.

This was to be an inescapable experience, one way or the other.
If we couldn't keep a customer for at least 4 hours, we were chastised, trained and tested before we were back out there attacking poor, human souls.

And that's how I feel it is here. This man and his agent are going through the marathon session. Rosenhaus is too experienced, good and shrewd to not know what's going on, but this client is a bit special.

I can see the Jones' grabbing him by the arm when he says he's hungry. J Jones - "Then let me buy you some lunch. What do you like?" which means- oh no you don't. You stay with me.
We did it. A family gets hungry and can't make a decision on an empty stomach?
"Let me take you out. What's your favorite place?"

No mercy.
Sign him, Jones. S or J- I don't care. No mercy.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
this is what a friend of mine texted me earlier, it goes along with what your saying.

"It's all but done. I can say that with a 99.99 percent certainty . I know Greg has literally dreamed of playing in dallas at some point(yes I know that for fact he's at least said that) and from what I have heard , money has been agreed upon completely on both sides. Team options and "conduct"guidelines are the only thing that has casued this to not be signed but the reason Greg is coming here is with intention of resolving those and signing."

dont ask who my friend is, it doesnt really matter.

So whos your friend...

Matt Mcleod at Precision Lighting?

Mcleod Matt · Top Commenter · Works at Precision Lighting
It's all but done. I can say that with a 99.99 percent certainty . I know Greg has literally dreamed of playing in dallas at some point(yes I know that for fact he's at least said that) and from what I have heard , money has been agreed upon completely on both sides. Team options and "conduct"guidelines are the only thing that has casued this to not be signed but the reason Greg is coming here is with intention of resolving those and signing. That's a fact. Great move for Greg and Dallas. Completely changes that defense. Completely.
Reply · Like
· 104 · 6 hours ago

Professional Skills

THE LIQUOR STORE OWNER!!!!

Last edited:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
So whos your friend...

Matt Mcleod at Precision Lighting?

Mcleod Matt · Top Commenter · Works at Precision Lighting
It's all but done. I can say that with a 99.99 percent certainty . I know Greg has literally dreamed of playing in dallas at some point(yes I know that for fact he's at least said that) and from what I have heard , money has been agreed upon completely on both sides. Team options and "conduct"guidelines are the only thing that has casued this to not be signed but the reason Greg is coming here is with intention of resolving those and signing. That's a fact. Great move for Greg and Dallas. Completely changes that defense. Completely.
Reply · Like
· 104 · 6 hours ago

Common that is a given the liquor store guy!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Broaddus says that Lawrence would move to the LDE.

Broaddus proved with Shariff Floyd that he doesn't talk to Marinelli and the scouts he does talk to don't make those types of decisions. i love Broaddus but with him you have to learn what to accept and what deserves a grain of salt.

Hardy lined up all over the line at Carolina according to xwalker. If we sign him I look forward to looking up his 2013 games.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
this is what a friend of mine texted me earlier, it goes along with what your saying.

"It's all but done. I can say that with a 99.99 percent certainty . I know Greg has literally dreamed of playing in dallas at some point(yes I know that for fact he's at least said that) and from what I have heard , money has been agreed upon completely on both sides. Team options and "conduct"guidelines are the only thing that has casued this to not be signed but the reason Greg is coming here is with intention of resolving those and signing."

dont ask who my friend is, it doesnt really matter.

His name Matt Mcleod?

coult44

Reaction score
B&S saying bit gonna happen. Not wanting to give big money...

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This reminds me of the worst job I ever had. Mobile Home salesman. Awful. At the Mobile Home Mall in Austin, Texas on East MLK in the middle of the roughest area at the time in the city.
Ugly.
My boss was Rick Minor. A legend in mobile home sales lore if such a thing exists. All I know is I could walk into any Palm Harbor in the country and mention his name and people wanted to hear stories.
And I have some. That guy was straight out of a movie and has been an inspiration for many of the characters I have made over the years.

We worked from 8AM-9PM 6 days a week and we were required to go in on our off-day to do paperwork.
The money was incredible, but the stress was insane. We were under the threat of being fired every second. If I wasn't so desperate to make a check at the time I would have gone Charles Haley on his desk while I was quitting by Day 3.

We had a specific strategy for every customer: wear them out.

I'm sure most of you know Central Texas summers. Brutal. None of our model homes had any electricity hooked up. On purpose.
They wanted to get you in and keep you there. Wear you out and even if this was the first place you came to- you were signing. We were going to overheat you, walk you forever, listen to endless pitches until you broke and you would be surprise at our success rate back then. We were killers.

This was to be an inescapable experience, one way or the other.
If we couldn't keep a customer for at least 4 hours, we were chastised, trained and tested before we were back out there attacking poor, human souls.

And that's how I feel it is here. This man and his agent are going through the marathon session. Rosenhaus is too experienced, good and shrewd to not know what's going on, but this client is a bit special.

I can see the Jones' grabbing him by the arm when he says he's hungry. J Jones - "Then let me buy you some lunch. What do you like?" which means- oh no you don't. You stay with me.
We did it. A family gets hungry and can't make a decision on an empty stomach?
"Let me take you out. What's your favorite place?"

Sign him, Jones. S or J- I don't care. No mercy.

So...give him some Gatorade? No?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.