News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I would have made a man a hard drink, if he wanted one. On the spot.
I had a mini-bar in my office. I was no joke. Rick Minor made you steel, or you were gone.

If a family told me "We need to pray on this"- I would say OK and get down on my knees.
"Well? Let's do this. I haven't prayed in a while, but..."

He taught me that and would watch our offices so that if such rebuttals happened- we did what was necessary.
Worse that Boiler Room, but we made anywhere from $3,000-$20,000 PER SALE and we never sold less than 4 a month or we were fired.
Insane money. Even more insane stress. I have some stories...

I admit- that job had me in tears more than once.

If you didn't do it someone would have taken your place. No shame, Forrest is the man!

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
But usually the leaving comes with a team announcement that a deal is done, details to follow

That is what fans want to see anyway. Just keep in mind that this is not the first week of free agency and Hardy doesn't have a bunch of teams falling over themselves trying to get his attention to sign for all of Rosenhaus' lobbying.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
you can blame Romo's cap crippling contract for us losing yet another player.

:rolleyes:

His contract is perfectly reasonable for a top-tier QB and can easily be restructured to free up a lot of space this year. We're simply holding out to see if we have to restructure before we actually do.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And if it's true that he's been negotiating for two days now, I'm about 99% sure he'll sign with us.

As of right now, since Mike Fisher has been pretty good with the details, I'm going to say they truly are just working on the complicated off-the-field stuff. The suspension is most likely the hold up at this point.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
That is what fans want to see anyway. Just keep in mind that this is not the first week of free agency and Hardy doesn't have a bunch of teams falling over themselves trying to get his attention to sign for all of Rosenhaus' lobbying.

That's probably more the problem than anything.

endersdragon

Reaction score
If he left without a deal...................wow..................I just don't get this scrooge philosophy of not wanting to pay anybody anymore. Yea, lets just let all our talent walk out the door and only sign JAGs on incentive laden contracts.

Sounds like a winning plan to me.:facepalm:

Our elite talent, like Dez. How about we just lose the tag for Dez and sign Hardy with that money? This is a business guys, there comes a point where a deal doesn't make sense, I hope it doesn't reach that point, but it might.

The Natural

Reaction score
You follow the friend thing with that?

d9M3NYb.gif

Nation

Reaction score
If The Cowboys intention was to not let Hardy leave the building without signing, and he left the building without signing, it's a safe bet that the negotiations didn't go the way we were hoping for. Unfortunate because he could have been a game-changer for a unit that is desperate for one.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Again, hope we sign him, but I don't understand fans begging Jerry to open the vault and pay Guys like this huge money. The guy has abused women and is facing a suspension. I'm still hopeful, but all Jerry's years of signing big names at any price amounted to nothing, so I'm willing to give the new strategy the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
this is what a friend of mine texted me earlier, it goes along with what your saying.

"It's all but done. I can say that with a 99.99 percent certainty . I know Greg has literally dreamed of playing in dallas at some point(yes I know that for fact he's at least said that) and from what I have heard , money has been agreed upon completely on both sides. Team options and "conduct"guidelines are the only thing that has casued this to not be signed but the reason Greg is coming here is with intention of resolving those and signing."

dont ask who my friend is, it doesnt really matter.

You could've at least reworded it, bro. This is where plagiarism gets you.

Status
Not open for further replies.