News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

wileedog

Reaction score
Again, hope we sign him, but I don't understand fans begging Jerry to open the vault and pay Guys like this huge money. The guy has abused women and is facing a suspension. I'm still hopeful, but all Jerry's years of signing big names at any price amounted to nothing, so I'm willing to give the new sstrategy the benefit of the doubt.

Because proven edge rushers in their 20's cost huge amounts of money.

The last contract Jerry got burned on was Carr, but I don't think anyone anywhere thought he was a shutdown corner that deserved elite money. Other than some off the field baggage, there is no question Hardy is among the best in the league at what he does, and can have an impact like Revis did for the Pats.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess Stephen is satisfied with the pass rush if he let Hardy leave

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
When there are no FAs left at your most glaring position of need, no one at pick 27 that can possibly make a difference next year, and you just let an all pro DE leave your building without a contract, there is a no strategy

The strategy was to be cheap, honestly.

Hardline

Reaction score
I posted in a different thread today that I do not get excited until I see the press conference.

Let this be a lesson to all of you.

Alexander

Reaction score
If a rookie rusher rarely has that kind of initial impact... and we had an rookie rusher last year (that had a sack in his last two games)... how do we know he isn't an elite rusher?

This defense needs more than Lawrence blossoming to step up.

Alexander

Reaction score
Because proven edge rushers in their 20's cost huge amounts of money.

The last contract Jerry got burned on was Carr, but I don't think anyone anywhere thought he was a shutdown corner that deserved elite money. Other than some off the field baggage, there is no question Hardy is among the best in the league at what he does, and can have an impact like Revis did for the Pats.

That was for a cornerback. And KC's 2nd corner at that.

It was a foolish deal based on projection and potential (and Ryan's bloodlust for a CB).

This is a deal for a more important piece of the puzzle and one that has had more than one good season.

endersdragon

Reaction score
So guys, at what point would you say he is not worth it? 13 million? 15 million? 20 million? Where is that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.