News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If The Cowboys intention was to not let Hardy leave the building without signing, and he left the building without signing, it's a safe bet that the negotiations didn't go the way we were hoping for. Unfortunate because he could have been a game-changer for a unit that is desperate for one.

I generally agree, except that his agent is a D-bag. So who really knows what's going on.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing that's been running through my brain all day is Jerry talking after the season about this specific need. It's why I think this gets done, and if it doesn't get done, the Cowboys may move up in the draft for another pass rusher.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He isn't signing. He'll sign with Seattle. Doubt the Cowboys are offering much. They've become notorious cheapskates.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The thing that's been running through my brain all day is Jerry talking after the season about this specific need. It's why I think this gets done, and if it doesn't get done, the Cowboys may move up in the draft for another pass rusher.

We only trade up for cornerbacks.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Give me a break we all are frustrated. ...and yes Romo ' s contact is crippling the team. ..why didn't we hold out for a bargain with him on his last contract?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
And you can keep coming up with fake sources.

@xwalker has showed Romo's # is an easily manageable. Cap space IS plentiful Mr. Fisher (he knows), as copied by our own folks (probably)...but this team could bring in GH w/NO Problem. Don't let that bs get away from us. He is what they aimed for....right? (y let DM leave otherwise?) RM's contract NEXT year. Elephant in the room. If he was legit, what is the hold up exactly? RM's back shot???

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And, really, if you want to address this issue and fix it for this year, you pretty much have to sign Hardy. A rookie rusher rarely has that kind of initial impact.

That's it very simply.

If Dallas cannot or will not sign him, then they are not committed to fixing it for this year.

It also makes me question their "plan" overall.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

didn't deny he hadn't left so he most likely has.

Mike Fisher may not even know if he left. I think he would have tweeted if he had.

He's basically just replying to a guy who is going off what someone said hours ago. Even if Hardy truly did leave, again, did people expect Hardy to live at Valley Ranch? The man has to leave eventually.

endersdragon

Reaction score
And, really, if you want to address this issue and fix it for this year, you pretty much have to sign Hardy. A rookie rusher rarely has that kind of initial impact.

If a rookie rusher rarely has that kind of initial impact... and we had an rookie rusher last year (that had a sack in his last two games)... how do we know he isn't an elite rusher?

Reaction score
Again, hope we sign him, but I don't understand fans begging Jerry to open the vault and pay Guys like this huge money. The guy has abused women and is facing a suspension. I'm still hopeful, but all Jerry's years of signing big names at any price amounted to nothing, so I'm willing to give the new sstrategy the benefit of the doubt.

When there are no FAs left at your most glaring position of need, no one at pick 27 that can possibly make a difference next year, and you just let an all pro DE leave your building without a contract, there is a no strategy

mugsybows

Reaction score
if he is on his way to Seattle, i really feel like he signs with them. man i hope we hear some positive news within the next hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.