News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So guys, at what point would you say he is not worth it? 13 million? 15 million? 20 million? Where is that point.

I said it yesterday. I do not care if he gets a billion gazillion dollars.

He is a difference maker and a game changer on a defense that has exactly zero at the moment. This is also a team that has taken body blows in free agency that have made it weaker than it was a few weeks ago.

A draft is not going to stabilize things. This signing would turn the needle from down to up.

This is a young pass rusher who is in his prime available this late in free agency.

You make those kinds of opportunities happen.

If you don't, then you honestly are not willing to pay the price necessary.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It takes two to make a deal.

Jerry can't just decide to sign anyone, no matter the cost.

1. Let's see if a deal gets done.
2. Let's see how far apart they were.

Hopefully they don't let him leave over a million, but Hardy is tier 2-3 due to his issues. Maybe he still wants a mega-contract....no one knows yet.

coult44

Reaction score
no they werent, skin and bacsik were speculating off fishers tweet that he wanted elite money and maybe the cowboys didnt want to give him elite money. they dont know what is going on just as much as we dont.

I believe his exact quote was, "the Hardy deal doesn't look like it's going to happen" they were literally saying. "Do we think we can sign Spencer to another one year prove it contract", and that it was ok because we didn't need Hardy at 48mil anyways. Why is everything always a debate, or a try to argue type issue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He is a difference maker and a game changer on a defense that has exactly zero at the moment. This is also a team that has taken body blows in free agency that have made it weaker than it was a few weeks ago.

A draft is not going to stabilize things. This signing would turn the needle from down to up.

This is a young pass rusher who is in his prime available this late in free agency.

I'm right there with you. This team is close, mess up your cap now if you gave to in order to give yourself tge vest chance to win now. Plenty of time to stink later.

endersdragon

Reaction score

Then I am glad you are not in charge of personal decisions.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

It's true. All true. This is the position you throw money at. Fine- get a protection clause for the team and then throw money at him. Like a blast from a firehose, but cash.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
LOL you guys are acting like the world is over. One SEA said they don't have a visit lined up. Two, i bet he's just going for dinner. Three, I bet a deal gets done tomorrow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I believe his exact quote was, "the Hardy deal doesn't look like it's going to happen" they were literally saying. "Do we think we can sign Spencer to another one year prove it contract", and that it was ok because we didn't need Hardy at 48mil anyways. Why is everything always a debate, or a try to argue type issue.

I was listening to those guys. The Spencer comments were not serious. Also remember, 80% of this board knows more about Cowboy personnel than Skin Wade. He's a Mavs guy

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'm hoping this still gets done but once a player leaves the facility without a contract it usually isn't a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.