News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
We've gone from the ultimate team player now in Philly to a fellow who is facing a multi-game suspension for domestic violence. Sure is a shift in direction in the locker room.

RKGs get bullied. That philosophy bought us 8-8. Now our defense will have some bullies on it. Hardy and RoMc are two guys you wouldn't want to be stuck in an alley with.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
No state tax in Texas will help. If Jerry, Stephen and Garrett want him, he won't leave Valley Ranch without a contract though. It just comes down to does Dallas want him enough.

Bubble busting time! I believe Washington has the same set-up (I mean "no state income tax", not Jerry and Stephen).

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
No state tax in Texas will help. If Jerry, Stephen and Garrett want him, he won't leave Valley Ranch without a contract though. It just comes down to does Dallas want him enough.

Exactly. It's not like we can't free up the necessary cap space by restructuring Romo. Maybe not your first preference, but you do what you have to do if you want the guy. (And if you don't, you get your head checked.)

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Welp, since Seattle is involved; I'll go ahead and say he'll be wearing a Seahawks jersey next season.

Back to back years in the Superbowl for a contract around the same Dallas will throw at him? Yeah, easy choice.

This sucks.

Not necessarily. Does he want to be the difference-making star of America's Team (who are SB contenders) or another cog in the Seattle machine? I would not assume he would choose Seattle over Dallas. He might, but not a slam dunk by any means.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That Texas State tax line is played out and has no bearing on players signing here or not...that is just something people like to bring up and as we have seen it does not apply to players coming or leaving.

manster4ever

Reaction score
We've gone from the ultimate team player now in Philly to a fellow who is facing a multi-game suspension for domestic violence. Sure is a shift in direction in the locker room.

You are not alone...I want someone to tell me how GH is a "RKG"?

I'm not trolling, it's an honest question. Make sure you read the police report before you answer. It's pretty friggin' bad guys. I know he's a very good player but....daaaamn. Educate and enlighten me as to why you're so excited about this guy.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Hardy is apparently a good teammate and players/Rivera wanted him back but Richardson didn't want to deal with it.

khiladi

Reaction score
OK, one more time, per Garrett's own words.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...t-kind-of-guy-and-says-ego-is-part-of-it.html

“We’re looking for the RIGHT KIND OF GUY (RKG),” he said. “The right kind of guy, to us, is someone who loves to play football, who is very passionate about it, willing to work hard at it, willing to be part of a team, willing to be part of something that is maybe greater than himself.

We want a guy who has an ego. Egos are important. But ego in the context of what we’re trying to accomplish as a team. Guys who are willing to work, are great teammates – there’s always going to be a place for those guys.”

So basically, what Garrett defines as RKG is pretty much what every coach in the world wants as a player.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

:laugh:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
You are not alone...I want someone to tell me how GH is a "RKG"?

I'm not trolling, it's an honest question. Make sure you read the police report before you answer. It's pretty friggin' bad guys. I know he's a very good player but....daaaamn. Educate and enlighten me as yo why you're so excited about this guy.

Many have explained by now that "RKG" doesn't mean choir boy. It's a guy that loves the game, works at it, is a good teammate (the best evidence we have is that GH satisfies those tests). Getting arrested doesn't prevent one being a RKG.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not like we can't free up the necessary cap space by restructuring Romo. Maybe not your first preference, but you do what you have to do if you want the guy. (And if you don't, you get your head checked.)

I doubt we'll have to free up any money because $5.4 should be plenty to absorb his first-year cap hit. Look at DeMarco Murray's contract with the Eagles: He's getting $21 million in guaranteed money and $42 million overall, but his first-year cap hit is $5 million.

Now, we would have to free up some money if we want to do anything else this off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.