News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Panthers nation is POed. They wanted him back. Richardson is becoming Carolinas Jerry on the like meter.

The Carolina fanbase is more like a county than a nation.

Very fickle and honestly not especially rabid.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The Carolina fanbase is more like a county than a nation.

Very fickle and honestly not especially rabid.

I only go when the Cowboys are here. But there's a ton of fans that end up here from all over the place. notorious for switching alliance once they get here. Kind of funny.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Those players need him. Crawford and Lawrence need to benefit from his presence to continue to develop. Crawford in particular came out of nowhere. From what I have seen happen before, if you put too much on an emerging player right away, they can get crushed once teams know how good they are. Lawrence can also feed off of it.

I get what you are saying but with Marinelli i find myself not worrying about it. He seems very good at keeping people centered and on task.

Alexander

Reaction score
I only go when the Cowboys are here. But there's a ton of fans that end up here from all over the place. notorious for switching alliance once they get here. Kind of funny.

North Carolina is a bit odd. A lot of Yankees who feel some hometown flavor, but if their real hometown starts winning, they are Giants, Patriots, whatever fans again.

Carolina is just not as robust of a fanbase as the NFL thought IMO. This team has gone to Super Bowls and had success and within two years, the stadium is empty.

Must be part of not building the brand.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
You're right. I hate guys that can put fear into the opposing team and make game changing plays. My bad!

No one saying that. He's an excellent LB. The problem is while he's a great player, he doesn't seem all in.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Anyone else concerned about Greg Hardy's name? Yes great nickname.

But his given name is a bit tame. Should we consider alternatives?

Perhaps LeRoy Jenkins?

I'm open to suggestions.

Alexander

Reaction score
I get what you are saying but with Marinelli i find myself not worrying about it. He seems very good at keeping people centered and on task.

Crawford could be on task as could be. But this is a game about mismatches. Threats create more attention. It is not that difficult to grasp.

wileedog

Reaction score
You're right. I hate guys that can put fear into the opposing team and make game changing plays. My bad!

And I don't like guys that find every excuse for missing practice reps, coming out of games, constantly are a threat to retire and have concussion issues to boot.

Don't get me wrong he is great when he is in there. I just don't know when he will be.

revospeed

Reaction score
The longer this goes on the more I think there is a hiccup in negotiations and the less likely he will be a Cowboy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Crawford could be on task as could be. But this is a game about mismatches. Threats create more attention. It is not that difficult to grasp.

I get that too but I was speaking to your comment on people coming out of nowhere and then faltering.

Status
Not open for further replies.