News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
He likes players that like to play football (RKG) What's so hard to understand that every player fits RKG in some fashion bc of how vague the term is?

Exactly... the concept that it is anything different is rooted in the myth that the inmates ran the asylum during Wade's years and needed a culture change. Garrett never defined it that way and the way he defines it, is standard for what every coach seeks in a player.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 1m1 minute ago
#cowboys short-version view of #GregHardy visit: 'They don't want him to leave'

Then they will probably have to have a fat deal ready. If he gets to Seattle and especially Tampa, they have a lot more money they can throw at him.

Seattle offers the chance for a SB, but limited playing time. Tampa is staying in the NFC South, but little else besides cash.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Anyone who thought that RKG meant guy who never or never has got in trouble is fooling themselves.

RKG means whatever the coach (not just this one) GM, and ownership wants it to mean.

i thought it means "hey, i'm a sarcastic narcissistic arse-muppet and i will use this phrase until people are long since tired of hearing me even though that point passed long before i used this phrase in a heckler fashion like JJT 16,391 times before and people have put me on ignore because of it".

then again that would be one hell of an acronym.

Last edited:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Restructuring or releasing Brandon Carr will take care of that. If we sign Hardy all we need to do is draft a RB and CB and we have a team that is capable of going deep into the playoffs, we wouldn't need any more cap space.

Drafting a CB doesn't guarantee you nothing, We saw this with Claiborne.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I don't get how some people here- who I see on here almost everyday still do not understand that term and even when it's repeatedly explained it's like water off a duck's back.
Strange...

JJT is still using it. i fault him cause as a journalist he's supposed to come up with topics and write about them. all he seems to do is go to press conferences to get some shots in, heckle the cowboys, and then write smug articles where he can feel good about himself cause he's making fun of the cowboys.

again.

the sheep follow.

bleet bleet.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Anyone who thought that RKG meant guy who never or never has got in trouble is fooling themselves.

RKG means whatever the coach (not just this one) GM, and ownership wants it to mean.

It changes depending on what fits at the time.

Nation

Reaction score

I've always taken Garrett's definition to be primarily about guys who LOVE to play football, as opposed to guys who want to be paid, or love the lifestyle football provides, or don't have it as a true priority. You don't have to be a choir boy, but you can't show a continued pattern of bad behavior where you put your actions above the game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is this the player that JJ over rules Stephen and Garrett over, if it comes down to money?

I don't think we take the money thing too far. I believe Dallas has limits on how much it wants to pay certain players, but is not limited to spending little on FAs. It all is going to depend on the player and what Dallas believes it should be able to get him for.

In Murray's case, Dallas didn't believe his one great season and previous years missing time with injuries was worth near what the Eagles paid.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
JJT is still using it. i fault him cause as a journalist he's supposed to come up with topics and write about them. all he seems to do is go to press conferences to get some shots in, heckle the cowboys, and then write smug articles where he can feel good about himself cause he's making fun of the cowboys.

again.

the sheep follow.

bleet bleet.

He's a journalist? My God he's fooled a lot of people.
I thought he was just another twit- twitter, tweeker guy like Perez Hilton.

Matts4313

Reaction score
We've gone from the ultimate team player now in Philly to a fellow who is facing a multi-game suspension for domestic violence. Sure is a shift in direction in the locker room.

Greg hardy was the only player on the Panthers to show up to DeAngelo Williams Mother funeral. For all intents and purposes he has been reported as an extremely good teammate and leader.

Now - off the field he certinatly has red flags. But would you consider Mike Irvin a "Bad locker room guy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.