Gregory 10 game Suspension under appeal; 4 game suspension confirmed

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense. But when we had ware and spencer, ware faced the LT because he was the better pass rusher. You think Gregory is a better rusher than Tank ?

Potentially, yes, but at this point in their careers no. Gregory has the athletic ability to be another Derrick Thomas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Clarence Hill has really caused this to blow up. Its sounding like it's not correct anyway.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sorry for confusion. To stress again, sources say no decision reached on appeal of Randy Gregory&#39;s 10-game suspension.</p>&mdash; David Moore (@DavidMooreDMN) <a href="">September 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nvm

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't smoke BC my company has a policy against it. But I believe his checking into rehab had more to do with avoiding a 10 game suspension than curing a pot addiction.

Come on...Randy Gregory has lost millions of dollars already due to this pot addiction. He was humiliated on national tv, let his closest friends, parents, teammates and himself down. You don't think he hates himself for this problem. I feel bad for the guy.

I don't know him personally so I can't say he is trying to avoid a 10 game ban and that's why he checked into a treatment facility. But what I feel certain about is that he has mental issues that so far have been strong enough that he hasn't been able to beat them. He knows that if he doesn't get better he will be out of the league in a very short period of time. He doesn't want that.

Like almost all addicts I believe he wishes he could get better and be normal. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wants his career and wants to put this last him,
Didn't say he could...but he doesn't want to be this way. No one does.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Clarence Hill has really caused this to blow up. Its sounding like it's not correct anyway.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sorry for confusion. To stress again, sources say no decision reached on appeal of Randy Gregory&#39;s 10-game suspension.</p>&mdash; David Moore (@DavidMooreDMN) <a href="">September 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I knew this hadn't cleared Mara's desk :-/

Boomer22

Reaction score
So ignorant

And so true sometimes life is funny like that. He keeps screwing up and everybody around him is like "oh don't worry randy, its not your fault you're just an addict or have a chemical imbalance or some other bs. He's about to be a father and is in rehab because of weed and maybe other drugs. He almost got 10 games and probably will later on. If he has serious problems then he needs to retire for a few years, or indefinitely, not go to rehab for a few months.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Evidently it's not true and he's still currently suspended for 10 games.
At least there's still a question. Moore says he hasn't. all the positive reports are based off of C. Hill's report earlier from what I can tell.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the way i understood this situation was that Gregory was suspended for 4 games, but was facing an additional 10 game suspension, while it was never official from the league as to how many more games would be added to the original 4 game suspension. it seems the league will keep it at 4.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It would help if they would say who the sources were or at least where they are from ie club sources or NFL office sources.

One possible scenario where everyone is right is that the league has not announced it yet so Cowboys sources are trying to keep it mum to not step on Goodell an co's toes. That doesn't mean Hill doesn't know what the arbitrator ruled.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I won't start out on the obvious side of a talented player...get well, young man and water the deep roots in your life, right now. My prayers are to your success as a man and with family. Be a good example for your family...and then all watching the Cowboys. God speed and good luck, young man.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And so true sometimes life is funny like that. He keeps screwing up and everybody around him is like "oh don't worry randy, its not your fault you're just an addict or have a chemical imbalance or some other bs. He's about to be a father and is in rehab because of weed and maybe other drugs. He almost got 10 games and probably will later on. If he has serious problems then he needs to retire for a few years, or indefinitely, not go to rehab for a few months.

This is pretty ignorant and no one here is saying that.

What they are saying is that he has an issue and if he can solve it then we won't have this problem anymore. No one is saying just smoke away it doesn't matter.

Some people don't think in terms of fault and blame. You apparently do but you should realize not everyone thinks like you. Personally I think in terms of problems and potential solutions. If he has a mental illness there are solutions for those problems.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
mike fisher is on the radio saying he doesn't even know if he will be out of rehab in week 5 or when he will play.