Gregory 10 game Suspension under appeal; 4 game suspension confirmed

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Wow!

First off I hope the kid has sorted out his demons...

Secondly I hope he can be (at some point) a contributing player.

He doesn't really have demons. He's not a bad guy at all or causes any problems like say Greg Hardy and the many others in the league. He just loves marijuana. Which is much safer than alcohol and scripts but that's another argument. Rules are rules and he knows them and needs to follow them. Hopefully this rehab stint and the reduction is the wake up call he needs and he can contribute. Getting him and Lawrence back will be a big boost to our front 7.

Reaction score
I expect very little from him this year. He won't be in football shape at least until the bye bye week. Until then he will play a handful of third downs a game. Maybe he will improve on his zero sacks, but he's not a game changer by any stretch.

After the bye, he might play a bit more, but that will be dictated by how well he stops the run. Something he has never done well in his career.

This offseason? The chances of another suspension is very, very high. And this record will play again next year.

I hope the guy proves me wrong. But if I'm the Cowboys brass, I wouldn't count on him for anything. Any QB pressure he manages to create would be an unexpected and pleasant bonus.

CWR

Reaction score
Wow, this really surprises me. Ive been out spoken about moving on from him, after the 10 game suspension was announced. If it was reduced because he missed a test while in rehab it never should have been given in the first place?? Thats ridiculous testing a guy who is admitted into a rehab center when you know he cant leave the center. Not trying to.stick up for Gregory but more so cant believe how pathetic the NFL is. Heres to hoping he makes the best out if this silver lining.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
That same statement can be applied to millions of Americans... And not just concerning their careers.

I think there's some assumption that one wouldn't risk millions for "a high". The high should be life at that point. You can undestand a warehouse worker getting addicted to opiates after a workplace accident.

And if Gregory is smoking as much as he must be, he's really not even getting high or distorting his reality anymore. He's probably getting all the anxiety reducing benefits at that point.

I think we want him to be fixed bc were like just put the joint down. Something's obviously telling him he can't operate without it. But this story is vastly Under-reported and this appears to be all we know at this point

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
mike fisher is on the radio saying he doesn't even know if he will be out of rehab in week 5 or when he will play.

Fisher is not a good source. Never has been.

If Hill retracts his story then I will care.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He doesn't really have demons. He's not a bad guy at all or causes any problems like say Greg Hardy and the many others in the league. He just loves marijuana. Which is much safer than alcohol and scripts but that's another argument. Rules are rules and he knows them and needs to follow them. Hopefully this rehab stint and the reduction is the wake up call he needs and he can contribute. Getting him and Lawrence back will be a big boost to our front 7.

They just need to make him a victim.

He's only a victim of his own lack of intelligence. 4 games, 10 games. It's completely irrelevant. He's a dumb player and will continue to be. I had this same discussion with our cheerleader fan base with Quincy. I'll be just as right now as I was then.

Boomer22

Reaction score
This is pretty ignorant and no one here is saying that.

What they are saying is that he has an issue and if he can solve it then we won't have this problem anymore. No one is saying just smoke away it doesn't matter.

Some people don't think in terms of fault and blame. You apparently do but you should realize not everyone thinks like you. Personally I think in terms of problems and potential solutions. If he has a mental illness there are solutions for those problems.

Im saying if he can't get up for football then he has no further use to this team and should be gone. Im tired of getting up for him only to hear hes getting busted and will be out for more weeks but don't worry when he's back he'll finally turn it around. A part of me thinks his problem is bs and if really has one he needs to be out of football for a few years and try working a real job to gain some perspective. Cowboys would still own his rights if and when he tries to comeback but right now he just squandering cheap contract years, especially if he gets busted again.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They just need to make him a victim.

He's only a victim of his own lack of intelligence. 4 games, 10 games. It's completely irrelevant. He's a dumb player and will continue to be. I had this same discussion with our cheerleader fan base with Quincy. I'll be just as right now as I was then.

It's more like your type needs someone to blame.

Quincey had a coke problem. It's not remotely the same thing.

I don't even know how you can compare the two situations. Carter was not put into the program and we waffled on it. He failed and then was kicked off the team.

You never admit when you're wrong. You just run away.

Mactin

Reaction score
This is great news and although he will still be out for four games this season it still better than ten games. That being said I hope he get his life back together again.

You been given a another chance Gregory, don't mess it up.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Im saying if he can't get up for football then he has no further use to this team and should be gone. Im tired of getting up for him only to hear hes getting busted and will be out for more weeks but don't worry when he's back he'll finally turn it around. A part of me thinks his problem is bs and if really has one he needs to be out of football for a few years and try working a real job to gain some perspective. Cowboys would still own his rights if and when he tries to comeback but right now he just squandering cheap contract years, especially if he gets busted again.

You're mad at him and blame him for not being available. I got that already.

I don't make decisions based on how I feel. I evaluate the circumstance, the options available, and make the most advantageous choice given the probabilities.

The Cowboys cannot compel him to 'be out of football.' That isn't even an option. They can cut him and then they lose his rights else when he comes off suspension he goes on the 53.

If you're not going to cut him then you need to manage him and that is not so cut and dry. We are judging the circumstance from a high degree of ignorance. You have people like Risen who like to pretend they have him all figured out but we don't really know what his problem is.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
There was a crawl on one of the ESPN channels in the last hour stating Gregory's suspension has been reduced to four games. So, I would assume it's accurate, but who knows.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
What does this even mean?

Ian Rapport on Twitter: Clarity on Randy Gregory: What became official yesterday was his 4-games. Nothing official yet on his 10-games appeal. Still pending.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Change the thread title this is not confirmed and actually false according the latest info. Still pending appeal...